Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why the fuck is games so big now?

Lonelyus

Lonelyus

Dont ever get up
★★★★★
Shit

Red dead 2 is actually worth the size gameplay wise. The real shitty games like the new cods are unnecessarily bloated.

Red dead 2 is actually worth the size gameplay wise. The real shitty games like the new cods are unnecessarily bloated.
Just retrived my acc, I got upset over the slow move speed and the soggy player movement, In RD1 it was way easier to play and turn around and way smoother, Now it takes a while for the character to follow the crosshair, It pissed me off that i also had a mission to transport bitches to a town so i uninstalled JFL

Just retrived my acc, I got upset over the slow move speed and the soggy player movement, In RD1 it was way easier to play and turn around and way smoother, Now it takes a while for the character to follow the crosshair, It pissed me off that i also had a mission to transport bitches to a town so i uninstalled JFL
I just go ER in RDR2, I never even beat the main story yet I have like 40 hours in it,

Textures, mostly. Apparently, AAA devs can't be fucked to compress files for some reason

Textures, mostly. Apparently, AAA devs can't be fucked to compress files for some reason
5 games is like 600gb of my harddrive space aleredy, The fuck

Got it on sale for 15 dollars so hopefully

Have you tried Witcher 3?

5 games is like 600gb of my harddrive space aleredy, The fuck
It's hilarious how Starfield has 125GB in size yet is absolutely mogged in complexity and entretainment factor by New Vegas and their puny 10GB

It's hilarious how Starfield has 125GB in size yet is absolutely mogged in complexity and entretainment factor by New Vegas and their puny 10GB
And starfield is woke as FOOK and bans anyone trying to mod the wokeness away, I have played new vegas on X360 and PC

your fault for submitting your ass to the joos

Nor optimize their games. The advancements we've seen in hardware has made game developers lazy af.

We're going back to the era of the average lifespan of PC hardware being 1 year after slowly moving to an era of hardware aging better.

It isn't just games. Newer releases of software and mobile applications are always larger than the previous release, hog more CPU+RAM and lag more.

It isn't just games. Newer releases of software and mobile applications are always larger than the previous release, hog more CPU+RAM and lag more.
Yeah my GPU gets hot as balls and i have to apply more thermal paste to keep it cool and more often plus spinninfans at 70 to be able to play it

I spent all that time downloading it for it to not work and I never played it

Games come with all their microtransactions pre-downloaded all you have to do is buy.
several different languages
duplicate x100 files of compressed audio
the list kinda goes on

facts actual god tier facts and bethesda knows this and seethes at the thought that they'll try so hard and get so far, but in the end it doesnt even matter. They cant beat a game as good as new vegas and thats a decade old

Less compression.

M&B Warband, too.

facts actual god tier facts and bethesda knows this and seethes at the thought that they'll try so hard and get so far, but in the end it doesnt even matter. They cant beat a game as good as new vegas and thats a decade old
I'll download a modlist for my Ultimate Edition on Steam.

SSD SATA/NVMe or HDD?

Why didn't it work?
Some error or something it was awhile ago, too late to fix now since I uninstalled it, chadstralia internet means downloads take a long time.

:soy:
game devs don't know how to compress anything anymore

Some error or something it was awhile ago, too late to fix now since I uninstalled it, chadstralia internet means downloads take a long time.
I guess you get a monthly data cap for internet usage, I'm right? Either way, it sucks to be in Australia without uncapped internet.

I guess you get a monthly data cap for internet usage, I'm right? Either way, it sucks to be in Australia without uncapped internet.
It is uncapped but it is slow and bad, chadstalia bad internet makes trying to cope annoying.

No fiber-optic internet? Are you in the middle of Australia?
No one lives in the middle of australia its dead, there is fiber optic in some parts but I think even that is shit, I live a little remote and do not have access. We used to at least have internet that was stable but came with really low download speeds, now I have unstable internet but the download speed went from 500 kb/s to 2mb/s so not worth the trade off at all.