Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Why people sound depressed when playing video games

RegularManlet

RegularManlet

Former Wagecuck turned Neetbuxmaxxer. Gymcel
★★★★

Kind of a water thread but I have no friends and wanted to vent about this.
I remember watching a video, I think it was a hamza video I used to watch that guy.
Actually yes it was hamza.
He said something to the effect of "Try recording yourself the next time you play a game, look at your face and see the facial reactions and changes etc. and you will realise the game isnt even that fun you don't really find it fun people just sit there and they are almost like depressed just being addicted to these video games."
I reflected on this point just today, but it is not video game addiction that causes this.
A lot of people are coping, not just incels, some people are incels in denial and video games are a really popular cope, alot of people cope with video games even someone that maybe got to have sex once too. That is why a lot of people sound depressed when playing video games because it is just one giant cope to fill your time and distract you from boredom until you die. I think this comes in part from massive gaming streamers too. Usually when I click on a gaming streamer or a top streamer for a certain game they are sitting there emotionless face emotionless voice.
I don't really have many emotions when I play games, I play games because its my biggest cope and I would do nothing without it, technically I have stuff to do I need to shave my face but whats the point, I also need to study which I do but I can't study for multiple hours straight, it would not be very effective and I get a headache.
Even the people I play video games with on discord sound depressed like me, they also are probably just coping, they are the closest I have to "friends" though.

I genuinely used to enjoy video games up until 16 years of age I wanted to do it despite having some social and active life.
Ironically now that I have none of that I am stuck with video games the most, I outgrew them awhile ago and its a depressing cope. I don't fucking know anymore.

Also a few brocels asked me to record gameplay of trolling foids, I will do it eventually if I can but I have hardware constraints but I think blackpill trolling and getting called an incel is really funny and I would record it and put it on here I think it could be good entertainment.

I stopped reading as soon you mentioned Scamza.

Ok and?
Do you stop reading as soon as you see the word "foid" somewhere too?

Pointless gray

Where are y'all finding these gamer girls?
If you randomly queue into matches then you can eventually find one, it depends if you are playing a game with multiplayer matchmaking.
Then usually foids will have certain type of names, character selections, usually shit, profile decorated girly etc.
Or they will be on your team and speak and you know its a foid so you just troll them.

Same shit with me. Video games are no longer fun as they used to be when I was younger. It seems like I only just play vidya for time to pass by as I got nothing else better to do, plus i'm not going to use those long hours coding
Yeah im literally the same as you, I need to pass the time somehow, going outside feels pointless at least with vidya I have infinite food and water accessible to me I do not really get tired and I can stop whenever I want. If I go outside I just see sexhavers get tired and hungry and if I want to stop being outside I have to journey back home so I prefer the comfort of my house.
And then yeah afterwards I think I could have spent multiple hours doing something productive like coding in your case, but it doesnt work that way for a demotivated incel with nothing on the horizon for them.

I think it’s because of how causality is supposedly based on your perception. How people cognize it isn’t indicative of an objective relevance. In this case, many people including Scamza for instance may SEE videogames as something that casts down young men but on the other hand, it could very well be a coping mechanism for depressed people in order for them to compensate for their lackluster life where their source of depression is derived from somewhere else.

He said something to the effect of "Try recording yourself the next time you play a game, look at your face and see the facial reactions and changes etc.
It’s not directly engaging but it is rather stimulating. Not all happy feelings evoke happy reactions through reasonable assumptions. If the game you’re playing isn’t making you feel good, then there’s something wrong with the game, not the act of gaming itself.

Ok and?
Do you stop reading as soon as you see the word "foid" somewhere too?

Pointless gray
No he’s being based actually. Stop letting these pseudoscientific redpillers ostentatiously tell you what is what. Think for yourself and only do things that content you and only you.

It’s not directly engaging but it is rather stimulating. Not all happy feelings evoke happy reactions through reasonable assumptions. If the game you’re playing isn’t making you feel good, then there’s something wrong with the game, not the act of gaming itself.
Yeah well thats the part that scamza completely misses obviously, because without this context it seems like he made a bombshell point to his audience for some nice youtube money.
No he’s being based actually. Stop letting these pseudoscientific redpillers ostentatiously tell you what is what. Think for yourself and only do things that content you and only you.
It's not based at all its just choosing to live inside an echo chamber and reflect on nothing, I said above I used to watch him not anymore.
:foidSoy: "Sorry sweaty I stopped reading when you mentioned you are 5'5." :foidSoy: = pretty much the gray nigger above.

it was fun until every other normie and their moms are into it now

I actually enjoy playing games when i'm in a voice chat with other brocels

Everything is a distraction from boredom until you die.
Games in particular are just a substitute for competition that's lacking in real life. It's just a way to scratch primal human urges.
We are a product of our urges. There is no point to life at all but to satisfy these urges sustainably.

Everything is a distraction from boredom until you die.
Games in particular are just a substitute for competition that's lacking in real life. It's just a way to scratch primal human urges.
We are a product of our urges. There is no point to life at all but to satisfy these urges sustainably.
Very good very good yes spot on that is why its such a large cope, everytime I see a thread discussing copes video games are always mentioned in there, its also a readily available comfortable cope to do unlike working out or going outside anything like that.

They are just a pass time so when it's all you have you are reminded of how empty your life is. They were supposed to be the cherry on top to a life we thought would hold more in store for us but now we are miserably confined to it feeling numb as we understand that it is one of the only things we are entitled to as subhumans. Except not really because even video games today are being made by incompetents and they aren't really that good anymore incel life aside.

They are just a pass time so when it's all you have you are reminded of how empty your life is. They were supposed to be the cherry on top to a life we thought would hold more in store for us but now we are miserably confined to it feeling numb as we understand that it is one of the only things we are entitled to as subhumans. Except not really because even video games today are being made by incompetents and they aren't really that good anymore incel life aside.
Yeah exactly thank you for this really good response its really comforting when people speak what I feel and think so well yet can not always describe in word.

Read Ted Kaczynski's ideas on the power process. Video games are surrogate activities to simulate the power process.

When I play a new game, I will usually force myself to 100% it, because if I wouldn’t force myself, I wouldn’t finish any game.

But about 70% completion, usually, it starts getting boring for me. And games are heavily criticized for being too short, now we have games that take 40 hours to complete. 40 hours my ass.

Once you break the addiction, you will see how stupid and boring gaming is.

Once you break the addiction, you will see how stupid and boring gaming is.
I genuinely think it is stupid and boring, outside of playing with irl friends or heck even a foid but thats for normies and sexhavers incels like us usually will not have friends to play video games with.
I got a game recently called kingdom come deliverance at @Celasius reccomendation from a little while ago back.
I played it and it was somewhat interesting to immerse me in a different world and cope but I soon grew bored, I played it one time for four hours and have not touched it since for weeks, the combat in that game really confuses me, the lockpicking was not that fun idek.

I got a game recently called kingdom come deliverance at @Celasius reccomendation from a little while ago back.
:feelsYall:

I played it and it was somewhat interesting to immerse me in a different world and cope but I soon grew bored, I played it one time for four hours and have not touched it since for weeks, the combat in that game really confuses me, the lockpicking was not that fun idek.
:feelsbadman:

I’ve played it for over 100hrs. :feelskek:

I don’t know. I get bored of videogames super quickly too but it depends on the game. Again, most game are on a spectrum and unlike what normies spew, the vast majority of them are just fucking dogshit so don’t beat yourself for not getting into them.

:feelsYall:

:feelsbadman:

I’ve played it for over 100hrs. :feelskek:

I don’t know. I get bored of videogames super quickly too but it depends on the game. Again, most game are on a spectrum and unlike what normies spew, the vast majority of them are just fucking dogshit so don’t beat yourself for not getting into them.
It was honestly kind of the right reccomendation for me the world is set in something I am interested in but I could not nail the combat system even after watching a 15 minute video on it which is probably bad game design to an extent but the guy in the video said its good because its complex idk.
Guess most games are garbage anyway.

Never really played that much video games. I wasn't allowed as a kid and by the time I outgrew my parents deciding what I can/can't do I just didn't see a point.

Because gaming is an escape of reality. Have u ever seen a chad pkay videogames? I havent.

I know if i had a better life i wouldnt touch my gaming pc

Didn't read because gaming industry is trash.

Because gaming is an escape of reality. Have u ever seen a chad pkay videogames? I havent.

You fucking Simp. Chads are playing games all the time. They are not playing like you 20h a day. Mods ban this bitch ass simp.
Games were not made to escape reality. Games were made to have fun but the gaming industry is trash. They deliver you only graphics without story, physics and other basic things.

GAMING INDUSTRY IS TRASH. IT'S FUCKING OVER.

Last edited:
I watched a recording of girls screaming over overwatch

Because they do it just because theybdont lnow what else to do

I play vidya for a sense of achievement and competition as I can't get those irl

Single player can be all right. Never once have I played online.

Same. I was fucking apalled to find out most people my age do not even play single player games. The only MP game I play is Warthunder

I remember seeing my face in the reflection of the screen of my ds if it went black. I looked totally unamused. I think that was around the time I lost interest in games and just used them to kill time.

On the other hand I think it’s probably normal to have a neutral expression while playing a game. Similar to watching a show or reading a book, you’re probably sitting, and more engaged internally or imaginatively.

I play vidya for a sense of achievement and competition as I can't get those irl
Yeah same but the feeling is fleeting and not even obtainable for me each time I log on a game, also that sense of achievement feels like fucking nothing, it even probably feels like shit once I step out of my room and realise it does not exist off of my computer screen.
Single player can be all right.
Honestly yeah single player games can actually be kind of good alot of the time and I am more used to multiplayer games but recently have been playing more single player it is so much more relaxing.
I remember seeing my face in the reflection of the screen of my ds if it went black. I looked totally unamused. I think that was around the time I lost interest in games and just used them to kill time.
Feelsbadman :cryfeels:
On the other hand I think it’s probably normal to have a neutral expression while playing a game. Similar to watching a show or reading a book, you’re probably sitting, and more engaged internally or imaginatively.
Yeah it would be extremely whacky to constantly be looking happy or excited or jittery over something happening in a game.

Playing single player games just feels like watching a movie to me now. If there's no competition it's just boring