Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why is loneliness and anime so close-knit?

rotting-alone

rotting-alone

Officer
I'm not an anime fan by any means, but maybe that's because I'm 23 and not a weeb.

But a glance at r/ForeverAlone and even r/incels and THIS FORUM...seems like there are a lot of anime fans here. Sincere anime fans. Not hardcore weebs, but guys that definitely know their way around anime culture.

Just look how many fucking anime signatures and avatars are on this forum.

Why is it that when you think "loneliness", the word "anime" can't be too far away? Why can't lonely guys find other hobbies to do like motocross or scuba diving or some shit.

Japs have a lot of personal experiences with loneliness with leaks into their art. See

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/asia/japanese-millennials-virgins/index.html

Alienation and lonlieness are reaching epidemic numbers in Japan. Anime portrays these feelings authentically because of that. Its very blackpilled media.

Social outcasts in adolescence use the internet as an escape. Anime otakus are a prevalent subculture across the internet so it is easy to get drawn into for a disassociated youth, especially with how unique it is from normal life with cute girls, over-the-top plots, and self-insert main characters to create wish fulfillment scenarios. This just naturally persists into adulthood.
Lonely people generally won't get involved in hobbies that necessitate going outside, getting involved with other people, or doing manual labor.

Japan = incel country.
40% of japanese males are virgins.
The most famous genre of anime is basically an incel fantasy. GL guy who is loved by every female character, able to find love etc. Resentiment(manga) has a great take on this.

The only anime I watch is dragonball super

Because Chad doesn't need a waifu.

Japan is the promised land for incels.

Because we wish that we lived the pure, unadulterated, and adventure-filled lives that most characters in an Anime experience.

1) Anime is a form of escapism and incels need more escapism than normies/chads.

2) Anime often caters to the fantasies incels have. The main characters usually have everything incels envy. They're usually young, good looking, have numerous female suitors, and are usually powerful in some way (super powers, godlike fighting skills, pilot a giant robot, etc.). Also the female characters usually have idealized personalities. They're loving and altruistic and are often clingy and protective of the main character (whom the incels watching vicariously identify with). Even when an anime girl has seemingly negative personality traits like being rude, bitchy, selfish etc, they are still portrayed as being secretly loving, caring and altruistic later on (e.g. tsundere).

3) Anime is probably more popular than you realize, especially with the teenage to early 20s demographic, which is also the main demographic on this forum. Just look at the comments section of a random youtube video and you'll see like a third of the avatars are anime characters.

I’ve never watched anime in my life.

I am an incel but my normies non virgin friends watch a lot of anime, they watch one piece, fairly tale, bleach, and soul eater. They always try to get me watch anime with them but I say no.

Recently I started watching 7 deadly sins anime with them and I liked it