Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why is it Still Socially Acceptable to Call Someone "Autistic"?

K

keithbauhaus

Recruit
★★★★
I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseum in older threads (if this is the case, I'll delete this), but it irks me that it's still socially acceptable to call someone "autistic" when engaging in discourse with someone on a topic that you disagree with them on. In a time where "political correctness" is at an ATH, it makes absolutely no sense that you can't use pejorative terms toward people that are a part of "protected classes" aside from those that are on the autism spectrum (this is from my experience, anyhow -- feel free to let me know if you think I'm wrong on this).

I totally get the rationale behind not using these disparaging terms (it's just immature to try to dismantle an argument by attacking their character), but I have seen quite a few ratioed (meaning unanimously favored) posts on social media sites where the opposition is called "autistic" for having an opinion that goes against what is mainstream. The irony of it all is that quite a few of the people that "like" these posts tend to favor "political correctness".

I think a lot of it has to do with people that love to self-diagnose themselves with neurological disorders to feel special; neurotypical people think they're autistic because they're SOMETIMES a little awkward in social situations, but the (ostensible) reality is that they're doing it to just to add another diagnosis to their self-diagnosed mental disorder portfolio (depression and anxiety also fall under this list, IMO). It's so normalized that autism isn't even seen as a legitimate disorder anymore.

To give some background: I am on the autism spectrum, and was professionally diagnosed with this against my will (I wouldn't be making this thread otherwise). I don't think I have ever been offended by someone calling me autistic (in fact, I'm often self deprecating about it when I'm talking to my friends just because I don't take it that seriously), but I just think it's hypocritical to call someone "autistic" when you can't even use terms like "faggot" or "whore" without receiving backlash. This isn't fair, and if "political correctness" is going to stick around for the long-haul, then people perpetuating this shouldn't cherrypick what is/isn't okay to use against someone.

People being hypocrites, its happening all the time with every subject possible.

I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseum in older threads (if this is the case, I'll delete this), but it irks me that it's still socially acceptable to call someone "autistic" when engaging in discourse with someone on a topic that you disagree with them on. In a time where "political correctness" is at an ATH, it makes absolutely no sense that you can't use pejorative terms toward people that are a part of "protected classes" aside from those that are on the autism spectrum (this is from my experience, anyhow -- feel free to let me know if you think I'm wrong on this).

I totally get the rationale behind not using these disparaging terms (it's just immature to try to dismantle an argument by attacking their character), but I have seen quite a few ratioed (meaning unanimously favored) posts on social media sites where the opposition is called "autistic" for having an opinion that goes against what is mainstream. The irony of it all is that quite a few of the people that "like" these posts tend to favor "political correctness".

I think a lot of it has to do with people that love to self-diagnose themselves with neurological disorders to feel special; neurotypical people think they're autistic because they're SOMETIMES a little awkward in social situations, but the (ostensible) reality is that they're doing it to just to add another diagnosis to their self-diagnosed mental disorder portfolio (depression and anxiety also fall under this list, IMO). It's so normalized that autism isn't even seen as a legitimate disorder anymore.

To give some background: I am on the autism spectrum, and was professionally diagnosed with this against my will (I wouldn't be making this thread otherwise). I don't think I have ever been offended by someone calling me autistic (in fact, I'm often self deprecating about it when I'm talking to my friends just because I don't take it that seriously), but I just think it's hypocritical to call someone "autistic" when you can't even use terms like "faggot" or "whore" without receiving backlash. This isn't fair, and if "political correctness" is going to stick around for the long-haul, then people perpetuating this shouldn't cherrypick what is/isn't okay to use against someone.
Autismos like us are not considered human or worthy of rights so insulting us for our robotic ways is seen as fine by normies.

While a Woman who is awkward is called a Goddess and man Standing in Line wantingn to fuck her

Just Dont fucking Care , society IS a Huge hypocrite that favors Woman

While a Woman who is awkward is called a Goddess and man Standing in Line wantingn to fuck her

Just Dont fucking Care , society IS a Huge hypocrite that favors Woman

Gynocentrism at its finest, right? Fuck the "men" that are perpetuating this issue.

Because it mostly affects males.

Beats the autistic fuck out of me.

(Don't worry, OP, I'm autistic myslef. :feelskek:)

Because some autists can annoy the everloving FUCK out of people?

My brother in law is autistic AF and he is exhibit A of this phenomenon. My god he annoys me. His mum got him diagnosed with aspergers as a kid and he's been molly coddled ever since, never had a job, still lives at home, just useless.

In his mind he's a genius. Constantly dreaming up retarded inventions to solve problems that there have been better existing solutions to for decades. I once suggested he should get some finance and prototype some retarded idea that he'd just brain farted out. Actually back himself to make it happen for real, sell it to willing buyers and show the world that you're right. Make it happen. He just looked at me with his mouth slightly open.

He routinely walks his neighbour's dog around town wearing gumboots, stubby shorts, the ugliest tee shirt you've ever seen, and a mini umbrella that attaches to a fucking headband around his fucking head. Jesus fucking christ.

In this rig he is forever "flirting" with unattainable women, particularly Asian girls who are his fetish. His fantasy is that some beautiful Chinese or Thai foid will move in with him in his room in his mother's house, and cook for him, wash his ugly ass tee shirts and fuck his neet broke ass. Because obviously foids are just queueing out the door and around the block for the chance to fuck an alpha Chad like that.

( I noticed he never "flirts" with indigenous foids, or bogan foids, or any other kinds of foid that would most likely bash him for even thinking he had a chance with them.)

We often do a big extended family Xmas Dinner at my sister and her husbands place and you can always count on BIL to serve up at least 3 "DUDE - what the fuck?" moments.

No situational awareness, no common sense, just a warped sense of intellectual snobbery and a whole lot of autistic REEEEEEEE. The fact that our family probably sees little difference between my KHHV self and this utter utter sperg, absolutely kills me.

Ahem.

So shit like that, could be the reason it's still cool to shit on aspies, spergs, and any other kind of autist. It's not the autism, its how they autism.

Last edited:
Because some autists can annoy the everloving FUCK out of people?

My brother in law is autistic AF and he is exhibit A of this phenomenon. My god he annoys me. His mum got him diagnosed with aspergers as a kid and he's been molly coddled ever since, never had a job, still lives at home, just useless.

In his mind he's a genius. Constantly dreaming up retarded inventions to solve problems that there have been better existing solutions to for decades. I once suggested he should get some finance and prototype some retarded idea that he'd just brain farted out. Actually back himself to make it happen for real, sell it to willing buyers and show the world that you're right. Make it happen. He just looked at me with his mouth slightly open.

He routinely walks his neighbour's dog around town wearing gumboots, stubby shorts, the ugliest tee shirt you've ever seen, and a mini umbrella that attaches to a fucking headband around his fucking head. Jesus fucking christ.

In this rig he is forever "flirting" with unattainable women, particularly Asian girls who are his fetish. His fantasy is that some beautiful Chinese or Thai foid will move in with him in his room in his mother's house, and cook for him, wash his ugly ass tee shirts and fuck his neet broke ass. Because obviously foids are just queueing out the door and around the block for the chance to fuck an alpha Chad like that.

( I noticed he never "flirts" with indigenous foids, or bogan foids, or any other kinds of foid that would most likely bash him for even thinking he had a chance with them.)

We often do a big extended family Xmas Dinner at my sister and her husbands place and you can always count on BIL to serve up at least 3 "DUDE - what the fuck?" moments.

No situational awareness, no common sense, just a warped sense of intellectual snobbery and a whole lot of autistic REEEEEEEE. The fact that our family probably sees little difference between my KHHV self and this utter utter sperg, absolutely kills me.

Ahem.

So shit like that, could be the reason it's still cool to shit on aspies, spergs, and any other kind of autist. It's not the autism, its how they autism.
Yeah, us autismos don't give two shits about our appearance or how others perceive us. We just don't have the brain power to care in our diseased little minds.