Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is friendship so emphasized in media? Is friendship real?

fantasycel

fantasycel

Officer
★★★★★
Since I have no one to talk to and nothing to do I have just been watching cartoons and movies from my childhood. One theme that comes up in every movie or cartoon ever made is the theme of friendship, and how you should be ready to even sacrifice yourself for them. I watch media imagining myself with these strong relationships and interactions, and it makes me long for relationships like the characters have with each other. But I realized, even normies don't have such strong friendships. How many people have you known that still have their childhood friends? How about someone that would even go out of their way to help a "friend" in need? The transcendental quality of friendships that is portrayed in fiction seems to be, well, a work of fiction. This may be obvious to some, but it was a rude awakening for me.

In my years of observing normie relationships, and attempting to partake in them, I have seen the predatory nature by which they make friends. One of my only friends, that I don't really talk to much anymore, is a chadlite. When I have been with him, I have seen how other normies or chads instantly can tell that he is a part of their group, and are very confused as to why my friend has anything to do with with me. The social hierarchy has very clear bounds, if you know where to look. Another one of my friends is an ugly loser like me, however extremely bluepilled. know that he would leave me the second he gets a chance with a foid or a friend group with higher social ranking. Every friend I have had has left me once they found someone higher in the social hierarchy.

Friendship has been falsely advertised to me by the world. It seems that true friendship does not exist, and that it is simply a byproduct of people who have coincidentally been in the same situation, or want a gain from one another. There is no transcendent nature to it, riends do not "always stick together" and friendship is not some all-powerful idea that can defeat villains. Friendship is in fact a weak and fickle thing that dies out once you have no real-world value. Real friendship is an idea confined to fiction, it even if something like it exists, it is not for incels.

@Samurai @Incel @VideoGameCoper

Most media are bluepilled fairy tales imo

Even Naruto does this. "Never give up on your dreams." "Never abandon your friends." "Forgive people who've wronged you with talk-no-jutsu" but in the real world, life isn't a fairy tale, you can work towards something you want and still brutally fail, and friendships are based off of conditions, there's always a motive behind it.

To climb the social hierarchy, to gain favours, friendship without condition doesn't exist, and it's even more brutal for incels

Most media are bluepilled fairy tales imo

Even Naruto does this. "Never give up on your dreams." "Never abandon your friends." "Forgive people who've wronged you with talk-no-jutsu" but in the real world, life isn't a fairy tale, you can work towards something you want and still brutally fail, and friendships are based off of conditions, there's always a motive behind it.

To climb the social hierarchy, to gain favours, friendship without condition doesn't exist, and it's even more brutal for incels
Exactly. In real life, sometimes getting ahead means abandoning your friends, refusing to forgive. It's all a competition. In cartoons being a good person is what is important, everything else is secondary.

no, friends all want to use you until they can't no longer, then you'll be abandoned

Exactly. In real life, sometimes getting ahead means abandoning your friends, refusing to forgive. It's all a competition. In cartoons being a good person is what is important, everything else is secondary.
Cartoons show an ideal world, because ideally, being a good person would be important, but a nice sub5 will get used whilst a terrible person chad will get all of the experiences of a good life

Reality is really brutal

The truth is friendships like the ones in cartoons are extremely rare. The only place they exist is likely military partners in war who genuinely look out for each other and stick together. Same thing might apply to other dangerous jobs like firefighters. Other than that, most friendships are just to have fun, not really to support each other, or to use each other.

The truth is friendships like the ones in cartoons are extremely rare. The only place they exist is likely military partners in war who genuinely look out for each other and stick together. Same thing might apply to other dangerous jobs like firefighters. Other than that, most friendships are just to have fun, not really to support each other, or to use each other.
Indeed

normie males are turning gay due to chemicals in the water

due to that, friendships are very important to them, because they want to fuck each other

other than that, friendship is a bit trivial and commonplace, and males would form friendships more easily if society just acknowledged that it wasn't a major thing. natural male behaviour is to just be 'friends' with some rando because you run into them and do fun stuff, but society views it as a some deep emotional bond, which is gay foid shit and leads to increased male isolation

In my experience as an incel friendship is a complete fairytale! People just want to use you and throw you away, or have you around to mock your existence!

The military is a fucking hell on earth brocell. There is no fucking friendship in the military. All that brotherhood bullshit is conplete propaganda. Don't let your government abuse and manipulate you. I was in the US Army for ten years it was absolute hell! No friendship to be had!

Same wage slave bullshit as everywhere else!

The military is a fucking hell on earth brocell. There is no fucking friendship in the military. All that brotherhood bullshit is conplete propaganda. Don't let your government abuse and manipulate you. I was in the US Army for ten years it was absolute hell! No friendship to be had!

What did you do in the military? I don’t think he was talking about the US military, he was probably saying that referring to wars that the fighters actually believe in, for example some holy war like the crusades.

the power of friendship overcomes all

Everything in escapist fictional media is an overly sensationalized and romanticized ideal to help people cope with the disappointment of reality by immersing themselves in another medium that actually meets their expectations.

It really doesn't exist especially for non-NTs like me. Not once in my life did I ever have a true friend that I could tell everything and trust with my life and I sincerely wish I did.

Brutal