Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why is cope considered "bad" in the incel community?

rotting-alone

rotting-alone

Officer
In threads all over the place, whenever a guy talks about doing a hobby or pasttime or something people bash him with "cope" or "lol nice cope faggot" and stuff like that.

My question is...why? What's wrong with coping?

I can't get a girlfriend. I am lonely and miserable. So OF COURSE I will look for ways to minimize my pain and distract myself with gaming, weed, arts, or whatever.

Why do we look down on cope? Cope is the only thing that makes our days tolerable enough to live through. We should celebrate and enjoy coping and how to go about it.

Wondering about copes is meta cope.

I think people don't like it when you refuse to admit to a cope, like claiming it's over for all sub8 guys and none of them can get gfs due to feminism. The rest is just bantz, everybody here has copes.

If it's a bluepilled cope, it's bad.

Usually someone saying "cope" only has a bad connotation when you are not admitting a blatant reality but are instead choosing to ignore it or "cope with it". In all other cases, having copes like video games and music are perfectly fine.

If you know it's coping then that's fine. For example us gymcels know it's a mere cope, but we hate TRP because they refuse to admit it.

Usually someone saying "cope" only has a bad connotation when you are not admitting a blatant reality but are instead choosing to ignore it or "cope with it". In all other cases, having copes like video games and music are perfectly fine.

Well put.

I think people don't like it when you refuse to admit to a cope, like claiming it's over for all sub8 guys and none of them can get gfs due to feminism. The rest is just bantz, everybody here has copes.

Those are completely different things, and we need to make a new word that separates them because "cope" has two meanings right now.

COPE 1: lies and willful blindness you tell yourself to try and trick your brain into saying "hey it's not that bad". I.E saying all sub-8 men are doomed to celibacy by default and such.

COPE 2: Something you do to literally just cope with your loneliness. Instead of LDARing miserable all day, you take up fitness or pottery or any sort of hobby or indgulence. Something to direct your energy towards to make life more livable.

We need to find a way to distinguish these.

Yeah. There's two definitions of cope.

1. Cope is when you adopt a clearly delusional view in order to hide away from the brutal reality. E.g., 'I'm not that bad looking', when you're a 2/10. Or, 'being black is a death sentence', when in reality Tyrone is fucking nonstop and it's just you in particular that can't score.

2. Other cope is literally physical ways of coping with the brutal reality. Noone here will insult you based on this type of cope. Unless it's an incredibly fringe type of cope that some find degenerate.

Why do we need another word? It is usually clear from the context. There are many other words and mechanisms in the English language that act similar. The one worded reply of "cope" to a thread is usually always COPE1 in your example.

To live is to cope.

Yup, something like this

When someone tells someone 'cope' usually he has done so because the person seems to have fluctuated from reality somehow, without noticing or subconsciously

E.g. 'Holy fuck! I just found this cool new thing! This is even better than sex! Guys I'm volcel now!'

'Cope'

Yup, something like this

When someone tells someone 'cope' usually he has done so because the person seems to have fluctuated from reality somehow, without noticing or subconsciously

E.g. 'Holy fuck! I just found this cool new thing! This is even better than sex! Guys I'm volcel now!'

'Cope'

You combined the two copes into one!

Those are completely different things, and we need to make a new word that separates them because "cope" has two meanings right now.

COPE 1: lies and willful blindness you tell yourself to try and trick your brain into saying "hey it's not that bad". I.E saying all sub-8 men are doomed to celibacy by default and such.

COPE 2: Something you do to literally just cope with your loneliness. Instead of LDARing miserable all day, you take up fitness or pottery or any sort of hobby or indgulence. Something to direct your energy towards to make life more livable.

We need to find a way to distinguish these.
Yup that's true

"Cope" used to be a good way to call out bluepilled (and a lot of "redpilled") people who denied reality.

But over time the word has lost almost all meaning because a lot of lookismers use the word as a crutch because they're unable to argue against something they disagree with. Since they're unable to articulate a rebuttal they just spam the word "COPE" as if it were a magical word that could instantly and unconditionally falsify any statement/argument.

Basically..."cope" has become a cope.

There is nothing wrong with coping.

But coping with stupid/pointless stuffs like NoFap, gymceling (with a hope to get laid), PUA are considered bad.

"Cope" used to be a good way to call out bluepilled (and a lot of "redpilled") people who denied reality.

But over time the word has lost almost all meaning because a lot of lookismers use the word as a crutch because they're unable to argue against something they disagree with. Since they're unable to articulate a rebuttal they just spam the word "COPE" as if it were a magical word that could instantly and unconditionally falsify any statement/argument.

Basically..."cope" has become a cope.

Pretty much all of our groupspeak terms have been badly corrupted, "psl rating" and "mog" also come to mind.

*Lookismer frantically searches the internet to cherry pick examples to "debunk" a black pilled point*

Lookismer: "LOOK AT THESE PICS! BLACK PILL DEBUNKED!!!!"

Black pilled incel: "These pics are obviously cherry picked. Furthermore, it's very likely that the men in these pics are being betabux."

Lookismer: "COPE COPE COPE COPE COPE!!!"

*Lookismer frantically searches the internet to cherry pick examples to "debunk" a black pilled point*

Lookismer: "LOOK AT THESE PICS! BLACK PILL DEBUNKED!!!!"

Black pilled incel: "These pics are obviously cherry picked. Furthermore, it's very likely that the men in these pics are being betabux."

Lookismer: "COPE COPE COPE COPE COPE!!!"

One of the many reasons why I left lookism tbh.

Some copes are just pathetic, like that gay AI gf app.

posting about cope is a cope

Ignore them. They are low IQ as fuck. What the fuck else do they expect us to do. Stand still and stare at a wall 24 hours a day? I guess even that would be a cope in their book

we have to cope , but to cope with the hope of getting laid is stupid