Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Why is cooking so fucking hard

MountainGorilla

MountainGorilla

ȠỈဌဌᕦЃ
★★★★★
I tried making an omelette. The ingredients were avocados, tomatoes, cilantro and milk. I burnt my omelette trying to cook it because it was still under cooked but it was smoking as well from my skillet, I even added lots of cooking oil to prevent that from happening. After it was done cooking, I gave it a taste, it was awful. It was burnt and it tasted like bad eggnog, the cilantro didn't help. I added salt and pepper but it just overpowered the taste of the eggs.

Now I have to clean off all the oil from the skillet but its still oily even though I wiped it with a bunch of paper towels. Why do I suck at cooking?

Try cooking on low to medium heat instead of high. Use a lid and a little bit of water to steam cook the top while the bottom cooks. Cook it longer. Taking the eggs out of the fridge and letting them sit for 30 minutes while you make coffee and prepare the other ingredients also helps with the temperature differential when you crack them into the pan or bowl for mixing.

Best pancakes are made by warming up the milk in a pan or microwave to luke warm before mixing with dry ingredients.

How is this inceldom discussion again? It's over for cookcels, seriously though just buy pre-cooked or pre-made meals

just turn down the heat theory, and stir more often

How is this inceldom discussion again? It's over for cookcels, seriously though just buy pre-cooked or pre-made meals
Of course, pre-packaged foods that have lots of sodium and a million of other jumbo mumbo ingrideients

just take the leancuisinepill bro!!!

Cooking and eating the results is one of the only joyscopes incels can have in this world.

tomatoes have a lot of moisture making it harder for the egg to cook. try making it without the tomatoes or removed the inside jucies from the tomatoes before cooking them

Of course, pre-packaged foods that have lots of sodium and a million of other jumbo mumbo ingrideients
Better than eating burnt pan particles or getting kidney stones from too many seasonings, I'm just saying that there are alternatives

Cooking and eating the results is one of the only joyscopes incels can have in this world.
It depends on the incel and his ability to cook, I myself am fucking useless when it comes to cooking because of my autism and how it affects my motor skills. Which is why I opt for processed garbage, if it weren't for those I would've starved to death years ago.

Better than eating burnt pan particles or getting kidney stones from too many seasonings, I'm just saying that there are alternatives

I didn't go overkill with the seasoning after one taste I threw the omelette away and plus this was my first time cooking something healthy, I usually eat ramen noodles and raw vegetables

It depends on the incel and his ability to cook, I myself am fucking useless when it comes to cooking because of my autism and how it affects my motor skills. Which is why I opt for processed garbage, if it weren't for those I would've starved to death years ago.

To each incels' own I guess

Last edited:
I don’t know how to cook. My mom does it for me and just the thought of having to do it makes me sick. It’s not like I like food that much

My mom does it for me and just the thought of having to do it makes me sick.
bro

Cooking isnt hard, but you have to pay constant attention

Sorry, but thus is pathetic. Watch videos online or ask your Mom if she is normal.

cooking is a form of art

just eat chicken ramen lol

put all you have in water and let it boil for an hour and a half

Don't bother making an omelette unless you have a good non-stick pan, and that recipe sounds disgusting. Whisked eggs should be cooked low and slow. French omelettes are not easy to make and other omelettes are foul.

Everytime I make something with eggs, like french toast or omlette, I always burned the eggs.
Try medium heat and instead of oil, try to use butter.

I burnt my omelette trying to cook it because it was still under cooked but it was smoking as well from my skillet, I even added lots of cooking oil to prevent that from happening.
Lol, no, oil is to keep the food from sticking, not to prevent burning. All you do by adding more oil is give your food a disgusting greasy mouthfeel and add empty calories. Make some basic scrambled eggs before you even attempt something like an omelette.

Did you heat the pan before throwing the stuff in?

NGL the combination of ingredients sounds gross, might of made it too thick.

NGL the combination of ingredients sounds gross, might of made it too thick.
What do you mean by thick? I wisked the eggs pretty well and diced the ingredients I might added a little too much milk because I eyeballed it

What do you mean by thick? I wisked the eggs pretty well and diced the ingredients
Too much in the pan so the heat can't distribute through the whole omelette leading to the underside cooking too fast while the other side/middle isn't getting enough heat.

Too much in the pan so the heat can't distribute through the whole omelette leading to the underside cooking too fast while the other side/middle isn't getting enough heat.
I spread the cooking oil around the skillet evenly how could that happen

over5u if you can't cook eggs

I spread the cooking oil around the skillet evenly how could that happen
He's saying that if you have an inch high pool of eggs and you're using a medium-to-high heat, the bottom is going to cook while the top remains uncooked. Anyway, you don't need to pre-heat your pan when you're making an omelette, and if you're a clueless domestic cook it'll be easier for you if you don't. Use a lower heat and mix it around as your eggs cook so they heat throughout rather than remaining raw on the top. When the curd is beginning to form, tilt the pan around so the remaining raw egg covers the bottom. Continue cooking it until it's solid enough for you to begin folding the edges of the omelette into the middle, it should still be a little wet on top at this point. Take a plate and place the 'eating side' on the top of your pan when your omelette is folded and ready to serve. Now hold the plate in place with one hand while you flip the pan upside-down with the other hand so the omelette comes out seam side down.

This is all useless advice unless you have a decent non-stick pan. Don't put cilantro and tomato and milk and shit into it. Use a little butter instead of milk, and put some ham and cheese or something into the middle when you're about to begin folding the edges back. If you're a cooklet you shouldn't really be making omelettes, a good omelette is not that easy to make. In good professional kitchens when chefs are trying to gauge someone's skills, they often ask them to make an omelette.

He's saying that if you have an inch high pool of eggs and you're using a medium-to-high heat, the bottom is going to cook while the top remains uncooked. Anyway, you don't need to pre-heat your pan when you're making an omelette, and if you're a clueless domestic cook it'll be easier for you if you don't. Use a lower heat and mix it around as your eggs cook so they heat throughout rather than remaining raw on the top. When the curd is beginning to form, tilt the pan around so the remaining raw egg covers the bottom. Continue cooking it until it's solid enough for you to begin folding the edges of the omelette into the middle, it should still be a little wet on top at this point. Take a plate and place the 'eating side' on the top of your pan when your omelette is folded and ready to serve. Now hold the plate in place with one hand while you flip the pan upside-down with the other hand so the omelette comes out seam side down.

This is all useless advice unless you have a decent non-stick pan. Don't put cilantro and tomato and milk and shit into it. Use a little butter instead of milk, and put some ham and cheese or something into the middle when you're about to begin folding the edges back. If you're a cooklet you shouldn't really be making omelettes, a good omelette is not that easy to make. In good professional kitchens when chefs are trying to gauge someone's skills, they often ask them to make an omelette.
It never began :worryfeels:

I tried making an omelette. The ingredients were avocados, tomatoes, cilantro and milk. I burnt my omelette trying to cook it because it was still under cooked but it was smoking as well from my skillet, I even added lots of cooking oil to prevent that from happening. After it was done cooking, I gave it a taste, it was awful. It was burnt and it tasted like bad eggnog, the cilantro didn't help. I added salt and pepper but it just overpowered the taste of the eggs.

Now I have to clean off all the oil from the skillet but its still oily even though I wiped it with a bunch of paper towels. Why do I suck at cooking?
There is no such thing as bad eggnog

Once you learn that, you will become a better cook through practice