Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is Christian archtecture so bad ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24272
  • Start date
Deleted member 24272

Deleted member 24272

Self-banned
-
I was studying history yesterday and some pages were about christians in ottoman conquered lands,there were pictures of churches from those times and they all looked so cheap and poorly made compared to an average mosque in your average muslim country.
Even today an average church looks bland and depressing.

Bland and depressing like religion.

cope there is plenty of good christian architecture. If anything its one of the only good traits that religion has.

it depends a lot on the church and the country it's in tbh. a lot of churches especially in the US are just soulless boxes with a couple windows on them. there's a lot of impressive shit in europe though, especially catholic/orthodox countries. and there are still plenty of very beautiful churches in the US, sometimes you just feel this atmosphere of tranquility and elegance come over you as soon as you step through the gate

big difference between this and some repurposed office building with a cross out front

Ever heard of the Hagia Sophia bhai.

Yea i wondered about that too. Might be personal taste but imo this
Taj Mahal inside view 02

beats this
Klner Dom

(the cathedral looks demonic for me jfl)

You can’t generalize all churches into ”christian architecture” because it consists of many different styles over thousands of years amd several continents.

Gothic, Byzantine, and Victorian architecture is pretty based. Cathedrals look Near Eastern to me, they seem out of place. They should Gothic facade towers on the flanks of a Persian facade on a masjid with Moorish walls, raised square corners on top with Sassanid corbeling, add some stained glass windows and Phoenician pillars, blue and gold dome on top...

I honestly don't know

European churches are nice (obviously white people would make nice things). Thoughts on the church in my land?