Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why is anime popular among unattractive people ?

BlackpilledAF

BlackpilledAF

IAmTheBlackPill
-
I've noticed an overwhelming pattern of anime being popular among incels, and generally unattractive people.

Of course there will be an occasional chad or stacy who like anime, but the majority of enthusiasts of this form of entertainment tend to be dorky / fat / unattractive.

Why do you think is that ? I've noticed the pattern, but can't seem to pinpoint any particular reasons for it.

Thoughts ?

>cant make friends irl
>can’t get a gf irl
>be alone

This is the life of most in Japan, anime is the perfect cope. It is carried to the west now, the same follows with gaming.

Why do you think most anime main characters in those harem anime’s have bland features? It’s so the viewer can insert themselves in.

A lot of normies like it too

Because it gives us interesting / serious stories while keeping us away from reality

Cartoons and live action shows can't do that

because it is a cope. just like for others is poetry or literature

because people like us like to live their imaginary perfect lives

I know a normie-chadlite tier person that likes anime and updated in most releases and still live like heaven irl, us weebcels using it to cope in life while chad or normie treats it as just a hobby, jfl it's over

if not for anime we would have sui long ago, thank you Japan for being low inhib whenever someone talks shit about you but you can't deny their low birthrate and no it's not because of anime jfl, it's because of their work culture and high expenses and the women there have high demands, no wonder they don't have time for shits like making family.

It’s a power fantasy of the sorts. Incels want to think that they could wake up the next day with ninja skills/super powers/a robot suit and turn their shit life 180.

Because it gives us interesting / serious stories while keeping us away from reality

Cartoons and live action shows can't do that

Avatar is highly influenced by anime.
Older spongebob episodes were great but I don't watch the new ones.
Maybe Rick and Morty is also a cartoon to escape from reality but I think that anime works better due to the large variety of shows

Uglies living through cartoons vicariously.

Nothing new.

it's a reclusive hobby like vidya

Because waifus pretty much

Anime is basically a girl/gay thing. Within 5 years the gays will appropriate anime just like they did The Rainbow and the color pink.

Its over.

Anime is basically a girl/gay thing. Within 5 years the gays will appropriate anime just like they did The Rainbow and the color pink.

Its over.
Normies also start to watch anime and attractive people. It becomes more and more mainstream

Ugly people are far less like to be neurotypical and hence into anime. Good genes come in packages.

Normies also start to watch anime and attractive people. It becomes more and more mainstream
Its been normy since like 2013. I remember when i was a highschool twink JOJO was my favorite manga, but ever since it blew up "JoJo's" is just another gay tumblr tier reddit meme anime and its over.

I saw an nba player said he watches anime. Theres a couple nba players and nfl and players. One nfl player cosplayed as someone from naruto. This shit mainstream boyos.

I saw an nba player said he watches anime. Theres a couple nba players and nfl and players. One nfl player cosplayed as someone from naruto. This shit mainstream boyos.
All normies watch the typical shonens like naruto, dbz, hero academy then they make fun of people who watch moe and slice of life even though it’s the same medium

Escapist needs must be met.

All normies watch the typical shonens like naruto, dbz, hero academy then they make fun of people who watch moe and slice of life even though it’s the same medium
it is pretty pathetic. I only hate slice of life cashgrab shows but I guess that is understandable.

>cant make friends irl
>can’t get a gf irl
>be alone

This is the life of most in Japan, anime is the perfect cope. It is carried to the west now, the same follows with gaming.

Why do you think most anime main characters in those harem anime’s have bland features? It’s so the viewer can insert themselves in.

If all shows are cashgrab shows which shows are decent shows? Is anime in general mediocre?
Every form of entertainment is made with the intent to rack up the coins, including anime.

Every form of entertainment is made with the intent to rack up the coins, including anime.

Doesnt definition of word itself indicates mediocrity though?

" Undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort.'

Doesnt definition of word itself indicates mediocrity though?

" Undignified or unprincipled acquisition of a large sum of money with little effort.'
Eh never mind. I used the word incorrectly then.

Eh never mind. I used the word incorrectly then.

No problem, English is not my mother language so i was confused if i made a mistake or not.

Uglier people are more likely to develop peculiar interests.

Because it shows incels getting with women. Almost every anime character has a comically small mouth

Also it’s one of the only mediums where you don’t need to remind yourself about the real world and such.

beaucuse most anime protaganist have incel personality in chad body

u ever binge watch the fuck out of a bunch of slice of life anime and then spiral yourself into a depression because it starts to seep in how shitty your real life is in comparison?
Haha yes at the start of watching slice of life I binged all these high school dramas (oreigaru and hyouka) and would just feel sad at the end. These people have such a close group of friends that they do everything with and females crushing on them., then st one point I just said fuck it and don’t care because I know it’s not possible for me and pretty much just stopped caring about my life.

aah, so u kinda powered through it , i got you. you peeping any new anime this season?
Winter 2018 was okay for me I guess. Seven deadly sins, ancient magus bride, takagi-san, killing bites and death march are the only ones I watched.

But man spring 2018 is going to be a blast. Steins gate 0, high school dxd, hero academy, lotgh, Tokyo ghoul, AGGO, persona 5 and a bunch of other interesting stuff i think I’m set.

Also summer 2018’a one punch man and code geass. As well as Vinland saga, goblin slayer, and shield hero adaption are coming so I have no reason to sui.

How about you what are you planning to watch?

yeah, i've been hearing theres a lot of hype stuff coming out. i haven't really been in the anime grind since winter 2016 when erased came out, but i'm probably going to pick up a couple mainstream ones like tokyo ghoul, OPM, and maybe highschool dxd depending how much of a degenerate I'm feeling like. also, i was watching ancient magus bride as it came out, but I forgot about it and dropped it at like the third or fourth episode, is it worth finishing?
i loved ancient magus bride, but most people seem to hate it for the reason that there is no huge plot surrounding it, you watch it more so for appreciating the art style, characters, and ost. I really liked the series and it got me into the manga too. Think of it as full metal alchemist brotherhood without the 7 sins but just the brothers adventure.

Anime plays a lot on the romantic fantasies of males. Not all anime, anime is just japanese animation. But anime has a huge amount of harems with quiet/meek males that someone ugly can identify with (by everyone being pretty in anime it also enforces a sense of equality). Escapism fantasy. You get something you can't get otherwise. Things like these don't exist within western animation. Those kind of anime are selling you the Victorian ideal of female purity mixed with the archetypal compassionate nurturing goddess. Something that doesn't exist IRL. It's a huge cope.

There's anime of all sorts, including anime for very ugly females who want chad, where the roles are reversed and handsome men tell a main female character how special she is instead. (shoujo anime)

btw. I have a 15 year old cousin I got a pretty good contact with. She's a lot into TV series (not anime), and one day I tried leading the conversation in such a way as to get information out of her regarding why she watches it (vampire diaries). She outright admitted to me she started watching it because she thought one of the actors there was really handsome.

I don't know but I've pondered this many times