Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do some people say "Having a villain feel like he's the good guy is a great character idea because that's how people in real life are"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Deleted member 24160

Deleted member 24160

Banned
-
It's obviously not true since in real life most genuinely bad people know what they're doing hurts people, they just don't care.

based as fuck, most people are just selfish scum irl

Wut about joker 2019?

Wut about joker 2019?
People usually say that Arthur is doing self-pity and trying to excuse his actions. To be fair his murders of the third guy on the subway, Randall and Murray are pretty hard to defend since they didn't do anything to truly hurt Arthur other then Randall.

I mean, it is true for people who are driven by idealism.

A lot of bad guys can be spawned via utilitarian dilemmas in which they have to make a difficult and morally wrong decision in order to save others in the long term.

But yeah, well written villains can also possess the uncaring qualities those such as psychopaths perform during these acts.

People usually say that Arthur is doing self-pity and trying to excuse his actions. To be fair his murders of the third guy on the subway, Randall and Murray are pretty hard to defend since they didn't do anything to truly hurt Arthur other then Randall.

Okay so first of all the murders of the subway was justified. Those guys beat the shit out of him for no reason aside that he was laughing. They deserved it.

Randall definitely harmed Arthur. He literally got him fired from his job and tried to make him look like a criminal.

Murray took his comedy show and MOCKED IT IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Then HE BROUGHT THE JOKER ON HIS OWN SHOW TO MOCK HIM EVEN FURTHER AND MILK HIM FOR MONEY WHILE MAKING HIM A PUBLIC SPECTACLE.

HIS MOTHER LITERALLY LET HER CHAD BOYFRIEND TIE HIM UP TO THE RADIATOR AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

Anyone who says Joker is just "self pitying" is a coping faggot.

Okay so first of all the murders of the subway was justified. Those guys beat the shit out of him for no reason aside that he was laughing. They deserved it.

Randall definitely harmed Arthur. He literally got him fired from his job and tried to make him look like a criminal.

Murray took his comedy show and MOCKED IT IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Then HE BROUGHT THE JOKER ON HIS OWN SHOW TO MOCK HIM EVEN FURTHER AND MILK HIM FOR MONEY WHILE MAKING HIM A PUBLIC SPECTACLE.

HIS MOTHER LITERALLY LET HER CHAD BOYFRIEND TIE HIM UP TO THE RADIATOR AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

Anyone who says Joker is just "self pitying" is a coping faggot.
I was talking about the guy who was too drunk to beat Arthur, ran when Arthur started shooting and then got gunned down on the steps. And I mentioned Murray because while what did was cruel I don't know if he deserved to get his head blown off.

villainlaughmaxx

I was talking about the guy who was too drunk to beat Arthur, ran when Arthur started shooting and then got gunned down on the steps. And I mentioned Murray because while what did was cruel I don't know if he deserved to get his head blown off.

Well the guy who was really drunk was clearly partaking in it. Was he telling the other guys to stop punching? No? Was he laughing and enjoying watching his friends beat him up? Yes?

Also you are thinking with 2020 morals. People back in the 1500s would literally challenge you to a duel to the death if you disrespected them. People used to be able to kill other people for saying bad things. Modern society views violence as the ultimate evil but that's wrong. People being disrespectful cunts will NEVER STOP UNLESS THEY HAVE A REASON TO. There are no consequences anymore. Arthur gave Murray the consequences of "crossing a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash."

Well the guy who was really drunk was clearly partaking in it. Was he telling the other guys to stop punching? No? Was he laughing and enjoying watching his friends beat him up? Yes?

Also you are thinking with 2020 morals. People back in the 1500s would literally challenge you to a duel to the death if you disrespected them. People used to be able to kill other people for saying bad things. Modern society views violence as the ultimate evil but that's wrong. People being disrespectful cunts will NEVER STOP UNLESS THEY HAVE A REASON TO. There are no consequences anymore. Arthur gave Murray the consequences of "crossing a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash."
Oh he should be threatened and I agree force is the only thing those people understand, I just don't think he should have died for it.

Oh he should be threatened and I agree force is the only thing those people understand, I just don't think he should have died for it.

Maybe but you're still thinking with "modern morality" lens. People 2000 years ago would've killed someone for much less.

We see violence as evil in 2020 but is that really true? What's more evil, torturing a mentally ill person on live television where everyone mocks him or putting a bullet in a bully's face? You might think it's the bullet but I would respectfully disagree.

Modern society views violence as the ultimate evil but that's wrong.

And yet all those people who think like this are acting violently in one form or another. They say violence is bad, yet they are responsible for bullying people, they encourage it or they look away. They say that you should treat everyone equally, yet they see you as something inferior. This era is full of hypocrisies.

And yet all those people who think like this are acting violently in one form or another. They say violence is bad, yet they are responsible for bullying people, they encourage it or they look away. They say that you should treat everyone equally, yet they see you as something inferior. This era is full of hypocrisies.

Exactly. Based and blackpilled.

They only say violence is wrong for people like us because they want to control our behavior.

It's obviously not true since in real life most genuinely bad people know what they're doing hurts people, they just don't care.
Actually, that's basically what the saying means. Bad people think they are good people because they don't give a shit about the bad things they do. Most real life villains are complete hypocrites, like the degenerate bullies on IT.

Maybe but you're still thinking with "modern morality" lens. People 2000 years ago would've killed someone for much less.

We see violence as evil in 2020 but is that really true? What's more evil, torturing a mentally ill person on live television where everyone mocks him or putting a bullet in a bully's face? You might think it's the bullet but I would respectfully disagree.
Oh no the bully biting it is the better option. There are plenty of people who need to be put down. Like that one texas bully who shot a kid for defending another kid he was bullying.

Oh no the bully biting it is the better option. There are plenty of people who need to be put down. Like that one texas bully who shot a kid for defending another kid he was bullying.

Also I want to make it clear that I don't condone of violence. I just don't see it as the ultimate evil that our society does.

Also I want to make it clear that I don't condone of violence. I just don't see it as the ultimate evil that our society does.
If anything there needs to be more violence against these people. Not lethal but enough to scare them.

If anything there needs to be more violence against these people. Not lethal but enough to scare them.

There's a reason why normies are TERRIFIED of school shooters. They remember those "losers" that they bullied in highschool and they think "Oh my gosh, what if he came and shot me?" and it gets them all paranoid. They don't feel sorry about what they did. They just don't want to be shot.

Ironic though because they still don't change their behaviors. They continue bullying and they continue shaming incels.

good point. The bullet is quick, while the mental torment lasts a lifetime

Maybe consider the fact that Murray's actions were basically driving Arthur Fleck to suicide, he just changed his mind at the last moment when he realized that murray and all of the people watching and laughing wouldn't care if he died, so he killed murray instead.

Dude, don't be a cuck, its this same mindset that allows women to fuck with men using the modern legal system because they use "poke attacks" and "taunts", and because it isn't "explicitly violent" its not "bad enough" to warrant physical violence, bullshit, like @OldIncel said, you would be killed for doing this kind of shit in the past, women of the past wouldn't dare do the shit they get away with today

Actually, that's basically what the saying means. Bad people think they are good people because they don't give a shit

No, what you're saying makes no sense, you are falsely conflating two ideas

There's a difference between:
"I'm bad and I don't care" AND "I think my actions are justified and aren't actually bad"

They are literally two completely different things

Last edited:
Dude, don't be a cuck, its this same mindset that allows women to fuck with men using the modern legal system because they use "poke attacks" and "taunts", and because it isn't "explicitly violent" its not "bad enough" to warrant physical violence, bullshit, like @OldIncel said, you would be killed for doing this kind of shit, women of the past wouldn't dare do the shit they get away with today

"I'm bad and I don't care" AND "I think my actions are justified and aren't actually bad"

I agreed that violence needs to be used I just didn't think death was necessary. But it is in a lot of cases.

Dude, don't be a cuck, its this same mindset that allows women to fuck with men using the modern legal system because they use "poke attacks" and "taunts", and because it isn't "explicitly violent" its not "bad enough" to warrant physical violence, bullshit, like @OldIncel said, you would be killed for doing this kind of shit, women of the past wouldn't dare do the shit they get away with today

I think you're partly right, but there's also a third category, people who are willfully ignorant. They heavily compartmentalize, so they either forget, ignore or discount the bad deeds they've done whenever they are discussing or thinking about whether they are a good person. Which I think is distinct from feeling you are justified and also distinct from admitting you are a bad person, because they never directly address or acknowledge their bad deeds or mistakes in the first place, sometimes even to the extent of subconscious denial or selective/altered memory.

I would say a good portion of the hypocrites I've met are this way, while the other portion are so deluded that they actually pretend that their misdeeds are good somehow.

They don't need to be relatable but at least they should have a decent motivation

True. Also they potray most bad guys as ugly while If the bad guy is good and has a motive then he is presented as being beautiful. But in reality it is the opposite.

Antihero/charming villain == psychopathic dark triad Chad.

Normies just don't like to admit that they are psychopaths

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back