Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why do some men allow themselves to get pushed around by their wives/gfs? Are they just afraid of being alone?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It's WEIRD isn't it?

This thought was inspired by this clip of Fawlty Towers. It's a funny show but wow is he pushed around by his wife!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4X_bdJox8w

My question is WHY? It doesn't feel good to a man to be treated like this, at least not for the vast majority of men. Men typically want to be dominant. So... why would any man stand for this? The only reason I can think of really is fear of loneliness.

It's just a TV show but... it's a theme you see quite a lot. And it's particularly interesting here because this show is from the 1970s.

That's all really - I was just curious to know people's thoughts!

Many receive pleasure from self-denigration through practices such as "Cuckoldry":

It's because they're desperate for validation. Beaten down, trodden on their whole lives. They think they have no value but are desperate to be loved or accepted, and think that if they let themselves get walked all over they will be loved. It's really pathetic.

Many receive pleasure from self-denigration through practices such as "Cuckoldry":

Is your point that you disagree with me that the vast majority of men want to be dominant?

It's because they're desperate for validation. Beaten down, trodden on their whole lives. They think they have no value but are desperate to be loved or accepted, and think that if they let themselves get walked all over they will be loved. It's really pathetic.

It is sad and really a society should be patriarchical enough to stop men feeling this way.

I can't speak for everyone, but I generally like to avoid confrontation. So when a foid insults me or something similar to that I just ignore them.

Because law of enforcement and fear to be divorce raped.

Because law of enforcement and fear to be divorce raped.

I actually got thinking about that last night on one of my night walks!

I was trying to work out why I dislike the idea of marriage so much. Like, specifically what it is.

I came to the conclusion that typically marriage involves the legal requirement that if you divorce, she gets half of the money you had BEFORE you got married too, right?

I'm sort of OK with the idea of money earned while you're married being shared but... your savings too... really?

I could be wrong but that's my understanding of how it usually works.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back