Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

why do so many people here hate fortnite

fortnite is for soys in training

Because they're fucking stupid. Fornite is awesome

Fortnite is for prepubescent children and low T numales

normie cancer game, mixture of shallow mechanics, pretty much copies pubg and rust, but in third person

Fortnite sucks.

Now Quake, that was a good game sips

It's too colorful and cartoony for my taste. I think most Eastern Europeans prefer pubg

fortnite is gay normie shit that childs obsess over and money hungry streamers play to appeal to their pathetic audiences

fortnite is gay normie shit that childs obsess over and money hungry streamers play to appeal to their pathetic audiences
Shut the fuck up pussy. I fucked your mom

Dont really have any opinions on it

It's an overrated ripoff of pubg.

People who hate it suck at it

The shiny colours make my eyes hurt, I dislike third person games and the building aspect of it is insufferable.
The character designs are bland as fuck and the whole "culture" (cringy dances and shit) surrounding it rots my brain.
I'm not the biggest fan of battle royale, but if I had to choose one to play, it'd be Apex Legends. Frtnt* is fagpilled.

It's a shitty normies game that you hear about nonfuckingstop to the point it starts to piss you off. Fuck Fortnite, it should die in a fire.

I don't know why i feel compelled to do this, but i guess i'll just have to give you a solid answer (even though i think games are a waste of time i'd have ditched a long time ago if i had a real life. But i digress).

I was born in 1978, so i got to experience the developing of gaming for a long time. I will say this. When gaming started out, they were essentially build on two design principles. The first were the arcades, games build around straightforward gameplay mechanics with the least amount of fluff slapped on top of it. From Pong to the advent of the Atari and the explosion of the arcades, those type of games define what the hobby is about for a lot of people.

The second type of games were those intended to push the boundaries of what could be accomplished with computing technology (Space Travel was the first game of this type, and the guy who made it developed Unix just to play it). Those games started in the universities, and mostly reflected the tastes of people who studied there. RPGs, puzzle games, graphic adventures, even internet games, all started out in the big mainframes of the 70s and gradually moved to home PCs when those became powerful enough to support those applications.

So essentially you have two type of games, those based on pure gameplay, and hence pure skill, and those build on experimentation and pushing the boundaries, which gave us stuff like simulations, RPGs, strategy games, and so forth.

Now, this was an hobby mostly intended for high IQ nerds. Normies didn't play games, and hipsters didn't run the gaming industry yet. This means that the games had a certain seriousness about them. Games that were skill based were often extremely difficult and competitive. Games that were intended to explore the possibilities of the medium were often quite complex and far reaching in scope.

This video does a decent job showing some of the difference in the type of design principles between some the classics of old times, such as the Thief games, and their equivalent today:

How does this tie to Fortinite? Well, because this games seems to exemplify almost everything that is wrong with modern gaming:

http://coin-drop.com/fortnite-lacks-creativity-opinion-park/

The infantile graphics are the first thing that demonstrates there's something amiss with the modern gaming culture, but everything about the game screams of hipsterism and the formulaic and streamlined nature one finds for instance in mobile games.

I mean, ultimately it's just a game, but the fact it's so popular just saddens my boomer ass.

BTW, to demonstrate my boomer credentials, i even think Half Life 2 was decline:

Last edited:
Not my preference, I do like GTA though.

people have been trying to get me to play that. I just can't be forced to put time into a game that I don't enjoy.

Not my cup of tea

I currently play Cities Skylines because my control is without batteries.

Because it's an overrated normie game which I have no interest in.

mogs osrs to death tbh

Team Fortress 2 is way better and a lot more fun than this crappy Fortnite. It was just created to put your money in it buying weapons and outfits. If you disagree to this I will have to put my angry Hitler rant about it.

it looks like a mobile game as far as art direction goes

and the mechanics seem dumb

Team Fortress 2 is way better and a lot more fun than this crappy Fortnite. It was just created to put your money in it buying weapons and outfits. If you disagree to this I will have to put my angry Hitler rant about it.
tbh tf2 players are obsessed with nice hats and skins too

Over for zoomercels, if 20-30 male sexlessness is over a quarter in the USA your generation should buckle up for some real shit

Because nobody here has original opinions. They're all NPCs who regurgitate the opinions of others. I don't like Fortnite but unlike most here I actually gave it a try.

Can't wait to see people raging and genocide fortnite players,hang and burn them publicly and stone them to death,kill their families

Can't wait to see people raging and genocide fortnite players,hang and burn them publicly and stone them to death,kill their families
:feelswhat: