Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why do photos of you and mirrors of you look so different?

AccountError

AccountError

Banned
-
Can someone explain this? I look subhuman in the mirror, but I look even worse on the camera

I don’t know

Because you're farther away from the lens in the mirror.

use angles and filters blet :/

image is flipped

I don't know why but it's true for me also mirror hides lots of my subhumanity like asymmetrical face and crocked noose

Your brain doesn't like your ugly appearance, so every time you look into a mirror you brain applies a real time photoshop to hide your imperfections.

There’s a combination of factors that make you look different. The focal length of the camera can flatten out your features thus making them look much bigger in comparison. Then there's barrel distortion—when straight lines look like they’re curving out because of the nature of the lens—this can also make your face look more plump than usual.

Can someone explain this? I look subhuman in the mirror, but I look even worse on the camera

I cant even describe my face, even when I look at it in the mirror. I just see nothing. I know its a face but I cant pick out details. If someone asked me to describe myself I couldn't name more than 3 thing. I also expected a different person for a couple of years, everytime I stepped infront of the mirror. Like a younger version of myself. Instead I got greeted by this older me, with a pube beard, no job and a razor ride to heaven ticket in my back pocket.

Lens distortion can make you look better or worse, usually it's the latter. Place a mirror perpendicular to another one to get a more accurate idea of what you look like. I think videos are a better judge than a still picture, though

The mirrorpill hits brutally