Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why do people love genuinely awful people?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Deleted member 24160

Deleted member 24160

Banned
-
It doesn't even matter about their looks, people seem to always root for gangbangers and drug dealers and crime bosses who would have no problem beating them to death over good hearted people. Just look at how many movie villains that do awful things are called cool and "someone I'd love to hang out with". That was a point in The Wolf of Wall Street, that Jordan Belfort screwed over tons of people out of their money yet everyone sees him as this genius despite the fact that they'd be the same people he'd screw over and love him, instead of the FBI agent who helped take him down.

drug dealers
You have a problem with drug dealers bro? JK, they probably stepped on their product to an unacceptable degree, ngl. Cocaine copers BTFO, fuck you unironically, you're the most retarded of drug users that exist. JFL@you.

The short answer is human nature.

It doesn't even matter about their looks, people seem to always root for gangbangers and drug dealers and crime bosses who would have no problem beating them to death over good hearted people. Just look at how many movie villains that do awful things are called cool and "someone I'd love to hang out with". That was a point in The Wolf of Wall Street, that Jordan Belfort screwed over tons of people out of their money yet everyone sees him as this genius despite the fact that they'd be the same people he'd screw over and love him, instead of the FBI agent who helped take him down.

Life is about dominance and power.

If you are a petty drug dealer, you are probably seen as pathetic because the government has dominance over you, especially if you have been arrested.

If you are so powerful as a gang leader or a crime boss or run a giant drug operation such that nobody can hold power over you, you are seen as powerful.

Read Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morals.

Because theyre good lookin usually n have all dat dark triad stuff

It's human nature to suck up and kiss the ass of the alpha

Low IQ. Psychoactive molecules are still what they are,,

nice avi,I like looking at it

I will never understand this, people who use to make my life hell had so many friends while I had nobody.

I will never understand this, people who use to make my life hell had so many friends while I had nobody.
The answer is most people are truly evil pieces of shit

like Elliot Rodger

The short answer is human nature.
It's the idealization of psychopathic narcissism under liberal-capitalism, which is not to be confused with human nature as a whole. It is simply one expression of human nature, if you have a soyciety that's alienated and atomized enough.

It's the idealization of psychopathic narcissism under liberal-capitalism, which is not to be confused with human nature as a whole. It is simply one expression of human nature, if you have a soyciety that's alienated and atomized enough.

I think it's just human nature to like genuinely awful people that are high status and get away with things others normally wouldn't.
The type of soyciety there is right now doesn't help with curbing psycopathic narcissism in normies though.

You understand the problem very well.

Liberal capitalism allows for that ugly aspect of human nature to manifest itself more easily and visibly. That it promotes atomization of society down to the individual who is dependent upon the systems (e.g. banks), rather than family and community, accentuates the effect we see, typically expressed as cut-throat, hyper-competitive attitudes. However, you will find that nature in all human systems in all corners of the globe, unfortunately.

It's an emergent phenomenon of having a self-serving survival instinct, coupled with being a tribal species. The degree to which that aspect of our nature expresses itself is a function of the co-operation levels in a given social system. The more support a person is likely to expect and and receive from his neighbor, the less likely he's going to see him as just another competitor in the rat race that he needs to get ahead in.

My comment was, of course, referring to one slice of human nature, not the entirety of it.

Last edited: