Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why do incels lack charisma?

IronMike

IronMike

Overlord
★★★★★
I'm watching Baker Mayfields Heisman speech right now and he is oozing charisma....is it the halo effect? Because this guy probably never did a presentation in school, so how can he do so well with a speech?

Source of speech?

Obvious answer; being bullied, humiliated, and a loner completely ruins social skills.

Validation from childhood makes you self-confident about whatever you do.

Nautica1983 said:
Source of speech?

wish I could post it, but it won't be on youtube for a couple hours....its on right now on espn

IronMike said:
I'm watching Baker Mayfields Heisman speech right now and he is oozing charisma....is it the halo effect? Because this guy probably never did a presentation in school, so how can he do so well with a speech?
A combination of how they are perceived by everyone else, and internalizing the resentment that others feel for them.

I see, so it starts when you're young.....I need to work on this, because my shit sucks.

Confidence is reinforced by how others treat you and how well you accomplish your goals. Being confident when everything in life tells you that you shouldn't be is extremely difficult.

There is a bit of truth that women are attracted to confidence but they're only attracted to confidence because it is almost a telltale sign that that person is successful.

If someone's ugly you have a low opinion of them by default. Many incels are also socially retarded due to their isolation, again from being ugly.

Charisma is mostly confidence and confidence comes from experiences you have had.

Good looking people are treated well due to their good looks. When you are treated well, you gain more confidence which in turn makes you more charismatic.

Ugly people are treated badly. When you are treated badly, you lose confidence which in turn makes you more charismatic.

Another thing that factors into charisma is looks. Things simply sound better and more interesting coming from a good looking person.

VisVoi said:
Charisma is mostly confidence and confidence comes from experiences you have had.

Good looking people are treated well due to their good looks. When you are treated well, you gain more confidence which in turn makes you more charismatic.

Ugly people are treated badly. When you are treated badly, you lose confidence which in turn makes you more charismatic.

Another thing that factors into charisma is looks. Things simply sound better and more interesting coming from a good looking person.

That last sentence is my entire life, treated like shit for my hideous bones.

charisma = good looks

Some incels have charisma, they just don't have a chance to express it.