Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are you not using Linux?

Have you tried Minix 3? Intel Mangement Engine runs it so it's nearly everywhere but no one realises it.
will check it out. thanks

On Desktop
Its gay shit that breaks all the time, and many programs are substandard.

On Server
Flexable and Strong like a loli vampire.
im on kde and xfce and it as not broken once

I couldn't make home out of my linux system. I want smooth tailored experience, but just because it's linux, i don't feel like simply using some popular DE and be done with it. I've tried glueing up together WM, terminal commands, application bars, clipboards etc to make my own UI and tune it to my liking, but it ended up janky shit. Glithes, bugs, a lot of rough edges in terms of usability, lack of features, no single unified design view or even appearance, etc. I thought to myself, what's the point then, i'll never be competent enough to really make something my truly own out of this bunch of "unix like" utils, much less make my own DE from scratch. Burnt out of constant tinkering and eventually went back to windows.

I couldn't make home out of my linux system. I want smooth tailored experience, but just because it's linux, i don't feel like simply using some popular DE and be done with it. I've tried glueing up together WM, terminal commands, application bars, clipboards etc to make my own UI and tune it to my liking, but it ended up janky shit. Glithes, bugs, a lot of rough edges in terms of usability, lack of features, no single unified design view or even appearance, etc. I thought to myself, what's the point then, i'll never be competent enough to really make something my truly own out of this bunch of "unix like" utils, much less make my own DE from scratch. Burnt out of constant tinkering and eventually went back to windows.
will you try again after win 10 EOL? and the many options of linux is a positv and a negative, especially if you try to mash togetherstuff from scratch

will you try again after win 10 EOL? and the many options of linux is a positv and a negative, especially if you try to mash togetherstuff from scratch
i'll try once again to make a useable system out of my nixos configuration and look towards something like AGS for declaring UI. I just got burnt out of trying to figure shit out for basic things like system tray or clipboard or power menu or lockscreen or anything

Last edited:
will check it out. thanks
All source code is in /usr/src.

You can learn how OSes work from reading the book, which is the primary documentation. It's even possible to add new system calls without too much work.

Book3e cover

It's a nice comfy cope if you learn step by step and don't rush.

Linux is fir soys

I did but it got boring pretty quick once my brain detected the game mechanisms

I achieved my goal of getting the JETS a superbowl
I only buy it when it goes on sale or on EA play

Im happy with Windows

whats that
its a new feature that gathers a comprehensive log with screenshots about what you do on youre device, easy too find and open on said device. might accidentally expose your activity if someone gets access too your device, like your activity here

Last edited: