Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are you not using Linux?

smegma producer

smegma producer

drown women in my smegma
★★★★
Linux is great, but have its shortcomings aswell. here is some pros and cons:

Pros:

-Freedom. YOU choose what software is on your device, YOU can review the source code, YOU choose what data gets collected, the device is YOURS

-Lightweight. Many Linux distros are or have lightweight options, meaning that you old device might run just as well if not better than with Windows.

-Cheap. Because of the lightweight nature of many Linux distros, you don't need too upgrade or buy a new device as often, saving you money in the long run.

-Community. Have a question? ask around and you will find many helpful individuals willing too help you. Even for the most specific issue, someone can help you

-Software. Lots of good software with many options too chose from

Cons:

-Software. Some software is still just available for windows, but there is still many alternatives available for Linux in most cases

-Community. Even if most Linux users are helpful, there is still assholes that will just tell you too read the manual.

-Learning. Nowadays majority of task can be done with the graphical user interface, but there is still something you have too do in the terminal

-Gaming. There is still some issues, but Valves Proton have fixed most issues, and most games run on Linux thanks of Proton, check Protondb for the games you play.

I have used Linux as my daily driver for Years now, for gaming, virtual machines, home servers and more. I have learned a lot, and some have been useful for work.

If you are just going to LDAR, why not try Linux?

I only use windows for gaming.
Everything else is arch linux.

Microsoft fags are turning windows 11 into fucking adware

Those cons grossly outweigh the pros, what's this I hear about having to fiddle with drivers in the terminal for every little thing ?not to mention most Linux fanboys are like the woke vegans of the tech community, up there with Reddit users.

I'll be sticking with Windows 10 till next year when it goes EOL, then either I go Mac or Windows 11, I do have mint & ubuntu iso's though just too lazy to install

I've been using Linux since I was 11, real nigga thread

when win10 goes eol im switching to ubuntu

but how will i play MADDEN? i need my goyslop vidya game :feelswhere:

Those cons grossly outweigh the pros, what's this I hear about having to fiddle with drivers in the terminal for every little thing ?not to mention most Linux fanboys are like the woke vegans of the tech community, up there with Reddit users.

I'll be sticking with Windows 10 till next year when it goes EOL, then either I go Mac or Windows 11, I do have mint & ubuntu iso's though just too lazy to install
never had too fiddle with drivers, might be because i use AMD.

and i have too agree with the vegan comparison sadly, but there is still many that are not like those

lol nevER thought of it that way, that's a good way to put it

"just do every single thing in the terminal bro, it's always better"
nowadays most stuff can be done with a graphical user interface, i still prefer terminal, find it more efficent

"just do every single thing in the terminal bro, it's always better"
Yep, meanwhile the whole point of operating systems is to make a computer easier to use with automatic memory & process management plus a GUI, so why the hell would I intentionally make things harder for myself :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

Yep, meanwhile the whole point of operating systems is to make a computer easier to use with automatic memory & process management plus a GUI, so why the hell would I intentionally make things harder for myself :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
the terminal is not that difficult, and as long as you stay away from Arch or Gentoo Linux you can do everything with a GUI

boring ugly doesn't let you game and will probably take time to learn how to use

the terminal is not that difficult, and as long as you stay away from Arch or Gentoo Linux you can do everything with a GUI
I just need a separate hard-drive to try out mint & Ubuntu, I may even like it, but sadly my career choice might mean I will remain a slave of Micro$hit for a long time, but after a lifetime of Windows, I'm afraid I'm too biased

boring ugly doesn't let you game and will probably take time to learn how to use
check out kde if you think linux is ugly, and the learning curve is not that bad nowadays. try it in a vm, i recommend linux mint for new users

I just need a separate hard-drive to try out mint & Ubuntu, I may even like it, but sadly my career choice might mean I will remain a slave of Micro$hit for a long time, but after a lifetime of Windows, I'm afraid I'm too biased
you could also test it in a vm

check out kde if you think linux is ugly, and the learning curve is not that bad nowadays. try it in a vm, i recommend linux mint for new users
i will check some youtube vids for more modern and athletically pleasing version then

but how will i play MADDEN? i need my goyslop vidya game :feelswhere:
just checked protonDB. seems only madden 2024 dont work. what are the different between versions anyway?

because linux is gay? duhh

my server runs some old ass version of ubuntu with NO GUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i like to tell everyone that it has no gui, nor even a monitor, keyboard, or mouse)

my server runs some old ass version of ubuntu with NO GUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i like to tell everyone that it has no gui, nor even a monitor, keyboard, or mouse)
i guess that server is not connected too the internet?

because linux is gay? duhh
do you want Microsoft to spy and collect even more evidence that you are on this site? the isp can be fixed with a vpn, but OS level spying is a bit harder.

Reddit Soyjak GIF - Reddit Soyjak Soy GIFs

yeah its not bad

i used to use zubuntu back in 09
i just ask becasue you dont seem like a linux fanboy, i like too discuss linux with non fanboys, keeps me grounded.

i just ask becasue you dont seem like a linux fanboy, i like too discuss linux with non fanboys, keeps me grounded.
I used em all even BSD (you can't spell based without bsd)

they all suck in their own unique way lol

i use it on my programming laptop
have Slackware on that mf

gotta love windows bloatware, filling one fourth of my drive with screenshots of what i am doing, saving one comprehensive log of what i am doing, will showing me ads. but i guess terminals and reading is scary

I used em all even BSD (you can't spell based without bsd)

they all suck in their own unique way lol
tried BSD on a server once, i would just stick too Linux because of better software available. but if i go full schizo i would use BSD again

sudo, cd, :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

Soon they will be screenshoting even More than Apple. That new onboard ai will rat you out for badthink

Because none of my steam games work on linux, although considering switching to linux with microshit trying to force me to buy a new PC to use windows 11

Because none of my steam games work on linux, although considering switching to linux with microshit trying to force me to buy a new PC to use windows 11
have you checked protonDB ? and what games do you play?

have you checked protonDB ? and what games do you play?
All sorts, which is the main problem really. Some are probably linux compatible while others aren't. Also probably issues with GoG compatibility. Though as I said, I don't use bindows out of love, it's a terrible operating system just unfortunate everyone uses it.

All sorts, which is the main problem really. Some are probably linux compatible while others aren't. Also probably issues with GoG compatibility. Though as I said, I don't use bindows out of love, it's a terrible operating system just unfortunate everyone uses it.
the only game i have had issue with are a few with weird anti cheat software. the big ones except vanguard works. around 60% of steam games work on linux, according too protonDB

and GoG maybe there is a lutris solution

gotta love windows bloatware, filling one fourth of my drive with screenshots of what i am doing, saving one comprehensive log of what i am doing, will showing me ads. but i guess terminals and reading is scary
I never said I like Windows, but whenever I see someone glazing Linux, he's usually some pretentious soyboy.

Linux is great, but have its shortcomings aswell. here is some pros and cons:

Pros:

-Freedom. YOU choose what software is on your device, YOU can review the source code, YOU choose what data gets collected, the device is YOURS

-Lightweight. Many Linux distros are or have lightweight options, meaning that you old device might run just as well if not better than with Windows.

-Cheap. Because of the lightweight nature of many Linux distros, you don't need too upgrade or buy a new device as often, saving you money in the long run.

-Community. Have a question? ask around and you will find many helpful individuals willing too help you. Even for the most specific issue, someone can help you

-Software. Lots of good software with many options too chose from

Cons:

-Software. Some software is still just available for windows, but there is still many alternatives available for Linux in most cases

-Community. Even if most Linux users are helpful, there is still assholes that will just tell you too read the manual.

-Learning. Nowadays majority of task can be done with the graphical user interface, but there is still something you have too do in the terminal

-Gaming. There is still some issues, but Valves Proton have fixed most issues, and most games run on Linux thanks of Proton, check Protondb for the games you play.

I have used Linux as my daily driver for Years now, for gaming, virtual machines, home servers and more. I have learned a lot, and some have been useful for work.

If you are just going to LDAR, why not try Linux?
linux is shitty

I never said I like Windows, but whenever I see someone glazing Linux, he's usually some pretentious soyboy.
true,i try too stop my self at times from going full autism but i fail at times

im just glazing Linux nowadays because of windows recall. i just want more normies too understand the importance of privacy

true,i try too stop my self at times from going full autism but i fail at times

im just glazing Linux nowadays because of windows recall. i just want more normies too understand the importance of privacy
Only reason Windows will always remain popular is because it's the most compatible OS with games.

Only reason Windows will always remain popular because it's the most compatible OS with games.
yeah i know. lucky the games i play works on Linux, several runs better on Linux aswell.

On Desktop
Its gay shit that breaks all the time, and many programs are substandard.

On Server
Flexable and Strong like a loli vampire.

tried BSD on a server once, i would just stick too Linux because of better software available. but if i go full schizo i would use BSD again
Have you tried Minix 3? Intel Mangement Engine runs it so it's nearly everywhere but no one realises it.