Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Why are we still clinging to the idea of alpha and beta?

• Thread starter Melancholy_Worm
  • Start date
Melancholy_Worm

Melancholy_Worm

Banned
-
While you make a fair point about females being attracted to not only financially stable man, but also the physically appealing ones, there is one thing that I don't really understand about most of the blackpill (as well as redpill) community. Why do you people stick to the idea of beta and alpha? Of course looks matter, as well as financial status, but the whole concept of one group being dominant and "ruling over the pack" is quite foolish. The theory generated from a book (whose name I can't recall, though if you google alpha and beta you will probably find it) that studying wolves in captivity in which the alphas where the parents, and the betas were the offspring. further more, the author of the book himself said that his studies may have not been exactly accurate, because wolves behave quite differently in the wild, and, if I am not mistaken, later even released a book that actually debunked his original one.
I really think the whole perspective on the concept should be changed...

Almost no one uses these redpill concepts over there.

Very few do anymore anywhere.

Almost no one uses these redpill concepts over there.
On one the previous threads, I've seen a decent amount of people addressing cucks as "betas".

Cope. ever notice its usually beta males that claim that alpha and beta dont exist. In every single social circle there is most a dominate one and least dominate one. If you disagree with this youre not blackpilled and need to go back to the basics

Cope. ever notice its usually beta males that claim that alpha and beta dont exist. In every single social circle there is most a dominate one and least dominate one. If you disagree with this youre not blackpilled and need to go back to the basics

Can you give some sources so we can read?

"Of course looks matter, as well as financial status, but the whole concept of one group being dominant and "ruling over the pack" is quite foolish."

Why do you think so? Wouldnt a dominant individual have good genetics in the first place?

I just think that it's stupid to put people into one of two groups. Humans, despite being just hairless monkeys, are a bit more complicated then that. I don't disagree that there is a certain truth to the whole "some males are more dominant then others" thing. There is no denying that. But to divide human nature and behavior into just two groups is probably not accurate.

No one is alpha unless they're 6'6+ and 250lbs+ If some turbomanlet thinks he's alpha he's actually just looked upon like an angry chihuahua.

To me being alpha is not being a cuck.

Incels need to make sure they don't get taken advantage of, no looks to halo us.

Trying to "dominate" or "AMOG" other guys to me is pure cringe though.

Yeah, but Alpha = genetically blessed male AKA attractive male
Beta = ugly regardless of confidence.

Damn he got you there OP.

I just think that it's stupid to put people into one of two groups. Humans, despite being just hairless monkeys, are a bit more complicated then that. I don't disagree that there is a certain truth to the whole "some males are more dominant then others" thing. There is no denying that. But to divide human nature and behavior into just two groups is probably not accurate.
so basically what your saying is you agree but you dont like it

Can you give some sources so we can read?

"Of course looks matter, as well as financial status, but the whole concept of one group being dominant and "ruling over the pack" is quite foolish."

Why do you think so? Wouldnt a dominant individual have good genetics in the first place?
Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._David_Mech - That's a bit about the fellow that made this concept so popular.
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/11/the-alpha-wolfe-is-an-outdated-myth/ - an article that talks about this theory being false (perhaps it is bias so therefore I shall give other sources as well)...
- video of the author himself debunking his theory after a couple of years.
https://www.amazon.com/Wolves-Behav...a|0226516970[au|5723194297324746767[b|gizmodo - link to second book the author released after the theory being debunked.

As for your question, I don't think that only genetics play a role in dominance, but it's also the environment that effects you, perhaps even more than genetics. You can have the genetics to become a chad, but should you have been bullied while you were young this potential will probably never be reached. Than again 70% of those who have the genetics don't allow themselves to be bullied most of the time...

I still think there is some truth to the concept of some being more dominant and therefore successful than others, and perhaps it's just some leftist bullshit propaganda to try and make betas like me feel better about themselves :( ... perhaps the author was payed by some kikes. I say be skeptical of everything and everyone!

so basically what your saying is you agree but you dont like it
What I'm saying is that it's not only genetics that matter, and that there are other factors at play, and that sometimes 5/10 can be "alpha" and 9/10 can be "beta". While this is rare, it is still indeed possible.
And, well... I suppose if it DOES turn out to be that I am wrong and the concept is indeed correct I probably won't like it very much with my already -239241 confidence and self esteem

Alpha: big and strong
Beta: small and weak
Im a beta and i hate it and i want to die because of it

What I'm saying is that it's not only genetics that matter, and that there are other factors at play, and that sometimes 5/10 can be "alpha" and 9/10 can be "beta". While this is rare, it is still indeed possible.
And, well... I suppose if it DOES turn out to be that I am wrong and the concept is indeed correct I probably won't like it very much with my already -239241 confidence and self esteem
i agree with that, being alpha comes down to more than sexual appeal but i wouldn't ever claim that alpha and beta males dont exist when they clearly do also a certain person might be the alpha male in a certain group but the beta male in another group

Alpha: big and strong
Beta: small and weak
Im a beta and i hate it and i want to die because of it
Hmmm not actually.... if it was that simple you could just get buff by taking food supplements and some intense exercise, but the face matters too...
AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY BOYO! "THERE IS NOT GYM FOR YOUR FACE"!

It's Chad v Non Chad. Alpha and beta is a TRP cope.

Hmmm not actually.... if it was that simple you could just get buff by taking food supplements and some intense exercise, but the face matters too...
AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY BOYO! "THERE IS NOT GYM FOR YOUR FACE"!
I mean height and frame

Alpha: tall and big frame
Beta: short and small frame

Alpha = chads
Beta = non-chads

They are a shorthand to help describe the state of things, not a scientific term, lots of people are somewhere in-between, have some chaddish features and some beta features. But when someone says "alpha male" you KNOW they aint talking about US.

When we say "beta uprising" we all know what the fuck that means.

Alpha for me means Chad, beta means everyone else. A short ugly "dominant" man is not alpha, a tall attractive passive one is.

While you make a fair point about females being attracted to not only financially stable man, but also the physically appealing ones, there is one thing that I don't really understand about most of the blackpill (as well as redpill) community. Why do you people stick to the idea of beta and alpha? Of course looks matter, as well as financial status, but the whole concept of one group being dominant and "ruling over the pack" is quite foolish. The theory generated from a book (whose name I can't recall, though if you google alpha and beta you will probably find it) that studying wolves in captivity in which the alphas where the parents, and the betas were the offspring. further more, the author of the book himself said that his studies may have not been exactly accurate, because wolves behave quite differently in the wild, and, if I am not mistaken, later even released a book that actually debunked his original one.
I really think the whole perspective on the concept should be changed...
It’s not really a scientific term, more of just a way to talk about the world that is easily relatable to a concept some person can understand. People are more complicated than A/B, so there are labels like sigma and gamma etc. At the end of the day alpha=chad rest=beta or other.

There's strict pecking order. No man is equal to other man. If you take two random men, one of them will be alpha and another beta. This is because 1) all people are differrent 2) people in general value the same qualities. So, alpha is a man who overall have qualities deemed good by majority of people, and beta is a man who overall have qualities deemed bad or not-so-good by majority of people. If you believe that all people are differrent (they are) denying alpha/beta dichotomy simply makes no sense.

Yeah, but Alpha = genetically blessed male AKA attractive male
Beta = ugly regardless of confidence.
Keep that signature to piss off the normies here.

Alpha = large, NT, GL

Cope. ever notice its usually beta males that claim that alpha and beta dont exist. In every single social circle there is most a dominate one and least dominate one.

If you don't like beta would you rather it be changed to cuck instead?

Most world leaders do not seem to be 6.6 man but average looking and average height