Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are medieval themed shows/movies/games so popular?

• Thread starter BootyHunter88392
  • Start date
B

BootyHunter88392

Banned
-
I'm talking about shows like Vikings or Games of Thrones, movies like Lord of the Rings, and games like Skyrim or Divinity Original Sin and so on.

Why is a medieval setting so popular with consumers? I don't see the appeal. I mean it was a horrible time to be alive. There was no showers, no air-conditioners, no internet, and people were basically just walking around chopping each other apart with battle axes.

Anyone got an answer for this?

It's probably more due to the appeal of fantasy rather than actual medieval themes.

It's probably more due to the appeal of fantasy rather than actual medieval themes.
why can't we have fantasy in a futuristic setting? Or a post-nuclear apocalypse setting? Why do we have to have fantasy in a setting where people took a bath like once a month? Disgusting.

why can't we have fantasy in a futuristic setting? Or a post-nuclear apocalypse setting? Why do we have to have fantasy in a setting where people took a bath like once a month? Disgusting.
Well, that would be kind of like a mix between two genres. Fantasy goes well with medieval times because magic fills the gap of a lack of technology. Magic + advanced technology in a futuristic setting would be overkill.

same lol i fucking hate medieval fiction

Well, that would be kind of like a mix between two genres. Fantasy goes well with medieval times because magic fills the gap of a lack of technology. Magic + advanced technology in a futuristic setting would be overkill.

So you're saying the game Torment Tides of Nunemera is overkill? Cause you just described the game perfectly.

That's already a thing too, its called Destiny and it was huge let down lol

I'm talking about shows like Vikings or Games of Thrones, movies like Lord of the Rings, and games like Skyrim or Divinity Original Sin and so on.

Why is a medieval setting so popular with consumers? I don't see the appeal. I mean it was a horrible time to be alive. There was no showers, no air-conditioners, no internet, and people were basically just walking around chopping each other apart with battle axes.

Anyone got an answer for this?
fakecel if you don't enjoy D&D larping

So you're saying the game Torment Tides of Nunemera is overkill? Cause you just described the game perfectly.
I'm just saying most don't combine the two so they can avoid a more complicated story.

I'm just saying most don't combine the two so they can avoid a more complicated story.
well i just got fed up for the 5th time trying to play Torment. It's really quite a shitty game. I don't mind a medieval setting as long as the gameplay is good like in Divinity Original Sin. But Torment simply sucks and it's too much fucking reading.

Going to try Wasteland 2 now for the 2nd time, wish me luck.

well i just got fed up for the 5th time trying to play Torment. It's really quite a shitty game. I don't mind a medieval setting as long as the gameplay is good like in Divinity Original Sin. But Torment simply sucks and it's too much fucking reading.

Going to try Wasteland 2 now for the 2nd time, wish me luck.
I don't play PC games or isometric rpgs so I wouldn't know what those games are.

PC games are the best. I can't stand consoles.
It's what I grew up with, so I can't get used to playing with a keyboard, or dealing with all the complications that come with PC gaming (customizing your setup, specs, stuff like that) I like being able to just casually and play, but it's mostly because I'm just used to consoles.

People imagining they were nobility. We can't really imagine being a God in early civilizations and they didn't have castles. Don't forget the dragons and magic.

How did any man get laid?

well brothels were very common so any man could pay money for sex. Funny how they were more sexually advanced back then whereas in our modern society we are completely sexually repressed.

because whiteknights love shows that cater to protecting meh lady.

Medieval fantasy's biggest appeal, to me, is its uniquely European quality.

Medieval times had some of the biggest mysticism and legends: knights, castles, dragons and kings essentially. I like them, though I like historic games in general. I wish there were more games that focused around the times of ancient Greece, Rome or Egypt.

I like how it was tough and brutal