Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Why american animation is so shitty.

Weeee

Weeee

Officer
★★★★★
The reason why there are so many Weebs in majority white countries is because the American animation industry is dead. Cal arts and shitty unaesthetic animation plagues America. It's quite shocking how Disney movies produced in the 1950's have more appeal and less errors (Stephan universe) then modern day American TV animation. It's quite sad how America the once great country of animation has fallen.

Tbh anime is quite novel when you first discover it. They tend to be more creative imho

You just watch the shit stuff

Also there are no fucking action animated shows these days.
It's all shitty comedy.
The only way to get action with good story animation is by watching anime

absolute dogshit
It's all shitty comedy.
The only way to get action with good story animation is by watching anime
this also, westerners still think animation is a genre ffs
'adult' cartoons are also victims of this, not only are they simpsons knock offs but the animation is LAZY.

especially with the hack seth macfarlane

shows like south park (before 2008) and the boondocks are creative with humour and animation, that's probably why people love them more than the simpson knock offs

Japanese fanart seems to generally be better than western fanart

Castlevania is the only western animated show with action sequences right now I can think of. The designs were based off of Japanese character designs though. I think the fight scenes are alright, but the lack of detail at reminds me of the worst of DB Super which got mocked by anime fans. I don't even think the show is that great, but I would like to see the western animation scene grow. Most of the shows I thought actually had good animation like Boondocks or Avatar were actually animated in the east. Seems America can't animate for shit. So many live action shows with shitty CGI here in the US should have been animated, but theres not many studios here so it's expensive if you don't outsource to SK or Japan which takes a long time

Old cartoons were nice but now they're cucked shit

I agree. The the 40s were really the heyday of animation. We had Warner Brothers and Disney spending big bucks constantly pushing to make ever better cartoons. Those cartoons are too anachronistic to make me laugh, but I marvel at the technical proficiency.

The most technically accomplished animated movie is probably Pinocchio, and that was made 78 years ago. Computer animation is the area were advancements are still being made.

Fleishcher Studios

Warner Bros.

Disney

I don't think anyone alive is capable of producing cartoons like this anymore.

I used to be super cereal about cartoons and comics, so I'm a bit more of a snob about things like this. Having said that even though the above cartoons are superior examples of the art of animation, I still prefer stuff like Ren and Stimpy, Aeon Flux, and Batman TAS.

And in defense of anime, no one can deny the sheer pencil mileage and draftsmanship in Akira.

Last edited:
this looks and sounds like shit

It’s a cultural difference. Anime was shit until the late 70’s/early 80’s and didn’t really become quality animation until the late 80’s.

America had their animation boom much earlier, with a short reemergence in the 90’s. Americans also embraced animation for kids, Disney was probably the biggest influence on that. Outside of the 60’s Flintstones and 70’s Wait Until Your Father Gets Home, adult animated television didn’t really exist until the Simpsons.

Japan embraced animation being acceptable for adults and made better quality animation that would appeal to adults, hence why their quality is better because they actually have a industry (although dying) that demands quality artists.

American animators mostly get hired to do shitty kid cartoons that are done extremely cheap and quick and only appeal to kids.

Avatar the last airbender was good but that's the only example of good American animation I can think of.

Americas main problem is that it cant make serious action cartoons for adults. All adult animation has too be a shitty comedy about a upper middle class family in the suburbs.

Walt Disney was a good animator before the jews killed him.

Walt Disney wasn't a sleazy kike and actually cared about children and his people. He would be turning over in his grave if he saw the way his animation company is being run now by pedo jews, ever since the 80s when (((eisner))) took it over. Now the focus at Disney is making little girls into whores and race mixing, animation be damned