Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Who is the true father of Inceldom? ER?

?

• yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • no

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
Pinpoint

Pinpoint

Overlord
★★★★★
Something tells me ER is the true first figurehead to do with Inceldom. 2014 no one really knew shit about inceldom.

Maga neanderthal andrew tate stuff is separate and is usually just a tryhard masculinity way when you're too ugly to look effeminately hot like chalamet or o'pry.

I'm talking about the karl marx of inceldom.

Father of Inceldom would have to go to Joseph Merrick

I think it was loveshy/PSL.

ER greatly radicalized the movement to something greater though.

you mean the primary ideologue or the most prominent and famous incel?

you mean the primary ideologue or the most prominent and famous incel?
Yeah.

ER popularized inceldom but he definitely wasn't the man behind the ideas. Hell, he died still wondering why 10/10 blonde stacies didn't like him lol.

Last edited:
Hard to say. Whoever people attribute its ascension and formation to.
It's formation is due to Brian Gilmartin, a psychologist. He wrote a book in the late 1980s and coined the term "love shy". Though it was heavily focused on mentalcels, it included the first important admissions of the importance of looks and even how money/success can't replace looks and confidence. It was also male-centric and explained why women don't face the same problems.

Then in the mid 1990s a dumb canadian lesbian started an internet page called "Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project" and coined the term "incel". It's only connection to modern inceldom is the word "incel". Mainstream reporters stupidly credit her as the "founder of incels".

Then in early 2000s the first modern incel forums appeared. And the first large one to be permissive of "misogyny" as a central pillar of inceldom was based on Dr. Gilmartin's book: love-shy.com and it quickly overlapped with 4chan extremists. It was stagnating in the early 2010s though.

Then it's ascension happened with ER's Isla Vista Shootings in 2014. Inceldom blew up on the mainstream, r/incels subreddit was created. love-shy members migrated to the bigger more dynamic reddit incel community and love-shy.com died down anad closed by 2015. The rest of the history most people know.
----------------------------------

Anycase that's my opinion as an oldcel who has been around the incel community for a long time. But I concede that opinions will differ.

It's formation is due to Brian Gilmartin, a psychologist. He wrote a book in the late 1980s and coined the term "love shy". Though it was heavily focused on mentalcels, it included the first important admissions of the importance of looks and even how money/success can't replace looks and confidence. It was also male-centric and explained why women don't face the same problems.

Then in the mid 1990s a dumb canadian lesbian started an internet page called "Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project" and coined the term "incel". It's only connection to modern inceldom is the word "incel". Mainstream reporters stupidly credit her as the "founder of incels".

Then in early 2000s the first modern incel forums appeared. And the first large one to be permissive of "misogyny" as a central pillar of inceldom was based on Dr. Gilmartin's book: love-shy.com and it quickly overlapped with 4chan extremists. It was stagnating in the early 2010s though.

Then it's ascension happened with ER's Isla Vista Shootings in 2014. Inceldom blew up on the mainstream, r/incels subreddit was created. love-shy members migrated to the bigger more dynamic reddit incel community and love-shy.com died down anad closed by 2015. The rest of the history most people know.
----------------------------------

Anycase that's my opinion as an oldcel who has been around the incel community for a long time. But I concede that opinions will differ.
That's interesting, I didn't know about that book. I knew about this irrelevant foid though, she just created the word. Even normies know women can't be incel.

I always saw the black pill as an evolution of PUA culture and the red pill. Society degenerated heavily during the 2010s, so new knowledge about dating had to be developed. I thought first incel forum was Puahate, but love-shy.com is from 2003. I don't know if it can be considered incel though, because it accepts women.

From reading around a bit, love-shyness is different from inceldom. Being love-shy has traits of mentalceldom.

Er is the icon of Inceldom

Don't know where it started, but since he is seen as the iconic incel

Maybe you are right

Elliot Rodger is the godfather, St. Hamudi is a prophet of the blackpill

Also Marc Lepain was one of the first modern ERs

That's interesting, I didn't know about that book. I knew about this irrelevant foid though, she just created the word. Even normies know women can't be incel.

I always saw the black pill as an evolution of PUA culture and the red pill. Society degenerated heavily during the 2010s, so new knowledge about dating had to be developed. I thought first incel forum was Puahate, but love-shy.com is from 2003. I don't know if it can be considered incel though, because it accepts women.

From reading around a bit, love-shyness is different from inceldom. Being love-shy has traits of mentalceldom.
"love-shy" by a strict definition is "mentalcels", which is a subset of incels. And you're right, though Gilmartin argued that love-shy is almost entirely a male phenomenon, the love-shy.com was open to foids. But it slowly evolved to inceldom. And was indistinguishable from a modern incel forum by the early 2010s. For example typical post titles:
I find my Ugly Half-Jewish Looks Simply Unbearable
Anyone else have a Sister you HATE with a Passion
The Creep Theory

Also about blackpill vs. redpill, those terms didn't exist yet. Redpill was just called PUAs and it was the mainstream wisdom and widely accepted. Neil Strauss' "The Game" was a bestseller at the time circa 2007 (I read it myself and believed it 100%). Love-shy.com was the first place where you started to see repudiations of PUA starting in the late 2000s. People started pointing out that PUA can't compensate for sub-normal looks and many PUAs are scamming people. This seems obvious to us now, but love-shy.com was the first concentrated community talking about this. When the PUA's started calling themselves "redpill" this look-centric theory eventually became known as "blackpill" in response.

It's a hard question.

ER was definitely the figurehead of modern 'incel' pill but incel pill has been around for generations now it just didn't have a proper structure to it yet.

Seung- Hui Cho was far more of a Trucel than Elliot Rodger.

"love-shy" by a strict definition is "mentalcels", which is a subset of incels. And you're right, though Gilmartin argued that love-shy is almost entirely a male phenomenon, the love-shy.com was open to foids. But it slowly evolved to inceldom. And was indistinguishable from a modern incel forum by the early 2010s. For example typical post titles:
I find my Ugly Half-Jewish Looks Simply Unbearable
Anyone else have a Sister you HATE with a Passion
The Creep Theory

Also about blackpill vs. redpill, those terms didn't exist yet. Redpill was just called PUAs and it was the mainstream wisdom and widely accepted. Neil Strauss' "The Game" was a bestseller at the time circa 2007 (I read it myself and believed it 100%). Love-shy.com was the first place where you started to see repudiations of PUA starting in the late 2000s. People started pointing out that PUA can't compensate for sub-normal looks and many PUAs are scamming people. This seems obvious to us now, but love-shy.com was the first concentrated community talking about this. When the PUA's started calling themselves "redpill" this look-centric theory eventually became known as "blackpill" in response.
Very interesting and based. I wasn't there at the time, so I assumed love-shy forum was tame.

Yes, pills didn't exist back. I wrote it like that so everyone could understand. Black pill really grew and matured in the PSL forums and then on Reddit.

I tried to read The Game and couldn't get through it. Seemed too unbelievable. What do you think of it now?

Something tells me ER is the true first figurehead to do with Inceldom. 2014 no one really knew shit about inceldom.

Maga neanderthal andrew tate stuff is separate and is usually just a tryhard masculinity way when you're too ugly to look effeminately hot like chalamet or o'pry.
nope. me!

effeminately hot like chalamet or o'pry.
O’Pry does not look effeminate. The entire reason he’s aged so well compared to Chico is ‘cause he’s a masculine Chad

nahh it can't be an 80s book that was so long ago. how about a more recent book or maybe a ~manifesto~? :feelshmm: or perhaps a bodybuilding.com misc thread? that was the most prominent male forum of the early 2010s

There were protocels before, many actually