Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Who else looks worse in photos

N4L8

N4L8

anorexiacel
-
I look shit all the time, but in all photos of me I always seem to look shitter then in real life. Maybe it's because of the whole mirror flipping your view or something, or maybe it's just that I notice how bad I look. Does anyone else get this?

I look like -2/10 in pictures. So fucking ugly and disgusting looking.

I believe that when you see yourself in the mirror everyday you kinda get used to the image you receive of yourself and you look 'neutral' to yourself. But, the moment you see an actual, non mirrored picture, reality kicks in and you see how truly ugly you are

Yes, man. I feel like I look OK when I look in the mirror, but then I would start taking (hundreds) of pictures of my face at a time, getting more and more horrified at the results, and kept taking more and more. I destroyed my phone's front camera to avoid that issue.

Also, you look shittier because your mind tricks you into thinking you're not as bad looking when you look into a mirror, because you are used to your mirrored self. But, of course, certain focal lenses, like the ones found in mobile phones, exaggerate your bad features and make you look uglier. If you want an accurate view of how others see you, then I suggest filming yourself from a distance.

Also, you look shittier because your mind tricks you into thinking you're not as bad looking when you look into a mirror. But, of course, certain focal lenses, like the ones found in mobile phones, exaggerate your bad features and make you look uglier. If you want an accurate view of how others see you, then I suggest filming yourself from a distance.
I thought it was because you recognise your face in a mirror so you are used to it, and in a rear camera photo or if you flip it, you can rate yourself objectively.

Yes, man. I feel like I look OK when I look in the mirror, but then I would start taking (hundreds) of pictures of my face at a time, getting more and more horrified at the results, and kept taking more and more. I destroyed my phone's front camera to avoid that issue.
Ye, I do that as well. It just gets worse every time, I just put it into photoshop by the end

Mirrors deceive me. Makes me think I look good.

Photos are a different story. :feelsbadman:

I'm invisible in pics

With my asymmetry I have gotten used to seeing one ugly face in a mirror reflection.
In a photo it's a completely different disgusting face that I haven't had enough time to cope with yet.

That's true.pics show you real you but when you look at mirror your narsisstic deep feelings,survivor feelings make you think youre attractive. same happens to me

suifuel is when i go to check the time or something on my phone, and the front camera opens and i see my face.

ye man, just when you think things aren't so bad you look at a photo and you realize nothing changed

I believe that when you see yourself in the mirror everyday you kinda get used to the image you receive of yourself and you look 'neutral' to yourself. But, the moment you see an actual, non mirrored picture, reality kicks in and you see how truly ugly you are

I thought it was because you recognise your face in a mirror so you are used to it, and in a rear camera photo or if you flip it, you can rate yourself objectively.

Well, you are correct in that the flipped image is more accurate than your mirror image, but like I said, bad features get exaggerated, so it's also not reliable therefore not it's not possible to rate yourself objectively. Film yourself if you want an accurate, objective rating.

same man. I literally have thousands of selfies of myself on my phone for this very reason. Life is brutal. Getting told you're ugly by peers growing up didn't exactly help my self image either, although perhaps in a sense it did because it made me more aware of who - or what - I truly am.

:feelsrope:

Well, you are correct in that the flipped image is more accurate than your mirror image, but like I said, bad features get exaggerated, so it's also not reliable therefore not it's not possible to rate yourself objectively. Film yourself if you want an accurate, objective rating.

I have sidemirrors too which gives me the ability to look at what I look like from each side standing completely normal. It's a fucking dreadfulsight. I look like an orc, whereas from the front I look borderline okay. Why was I born with this stupid fucking incredibly rare mutation that's fucked my face making me unable to lead a semi normal life, fucking why

Mirror > camera photos > cellphone camera for me.

JFL i am better in fhoto :feelswhat:

Thought you got surgery but it didn't do anything and you look similar to before? Which surgeries did you/will you have?
not sure what they're calle din my own language even. I had one at 12, one at 15 and one at 16. I look slightly less subhuman now than I did then, but my deformity is still very visible. I hope to fix my nostril's wings so they become more symmetrical and also adjust one of my nostrils' shape

Seeing myself in the mirror::feelsautistic:
Seeing myself in pictures::feelsmega:
Seeing myself recorded::feelsrope:

Phone lens bring out all your ugly features

I tried to take a picture next to a horse once... That day, I got horse moged.
Never again.

I broke my mirror because I got tired of looking at myself.

I look shit all the time, but in all photos of me I always seem to look shitter then in real life. Maybe it's because of the whole mirror flipping your view or something, or maybe it's just that I notice how bad I look. Does anyone else get this?

Mirrors also, typically have near perfect lighting.

I look like crap. I prefer using 2 mirrors to look at myself, can't trust anything else

Also, you look shittier because your mind tricks you into thinking you're not as bad looking when you look into a mirror, because you are used to your mirrored self. But, of course, certain focal lenses, like the ones found in mobile phones, exaggerate your bad features and make you look uglier. If you want an accurate view of how others see you, then I suggest filming yourself from a distance.
True. Try filming yourself from the distance and your rate would decrease drastically. I saw myself as 2/10 everytime I look into a mirror, but for the recorded version, my rate goes lower than water freezing point temperature

im like a 4/10 but my negative self esteem makes me think im super ugly

Mirror makes me think I'm ugly, phone camera makes me think why I'm still alive

i look like a pale baby-faced goblin with a big red nose

True. Try filming yourself from the distance and your rate would decrease drastically. I saw myself as 2/10 everytime I look into a mirror, but for the recorded version, my rate goes lower than water freezing point temperature

Feelsbadman.jpg

When you film yourself, it automatically uses your unflipped image, even if you use the front camera. So there's no cheating when filming.

How the fuck can i try online dating when i look like shit in photos?

photocels here

I think that I generally look better in photos than in reality, I would prefer to look better in reality indeed :feelsbadman:

I'm as attractive as my worst camera angle

Considering how ugly I look in photos, I hope I look worse in them.

photos, mirrors and all other reflective surfaces. I look best when I can't see myself

It's a strange one for me. I often look okay in pictures taken from the front, but from the side when my humongous nose is exposed it's a different story.

But, of course, certain focal lenses, like the ones found in mobile phones, exaggerate your bad features and make you look uglier.
This is the case for my shitty skin and acne scars tbh:feelsrope:

This is the case for my shitty skin and acne scars tbh:feelsrope:
I'd be genuinely deformed if I had acne along with the facial shitsthetics that I have now.

In pictures I look like a erectosaurus.

I avoid photos like a slug avoids salt.