Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Who else here had helicopter parents

C

cookinbreakfast

Self-banned
-
I used to blame my parents for making me high inhib, didn't let me hang with friends on the weekends even in HS. Then I realized that doesn't matter I'm a 3.5/10 tindermorphcel

my parent's tried to force me to hangout with friends and my mom even cried once cuz i spent every summer in my bed alone

My mom was pretty overprotective but my main problem has always been my appearance

My mom was fairly strict and sheltered me like fuck. I think it may have messed me up a bit. I had parental controls on my computer until I was eighteen. Google was blocked, man. Google! Also, my mom is one of those moms who never want you to leave. When I moved out, she asked me why I was "doing this to her."

My mom was overprotective and strict. She wouldn't let me leave the house or use the internet up until the age of 15 then she complained that I was anti social JFL. At least now she lets me do whatever I want, even smoke weed and drink as much as I want I feel like im slowly starting to recover from mentalceldom

My parents would try to force me to go out and  shamed me for staying inside playing vidya kames. 

i'm still very high inhib.

Yes, they were overprotective. But maybe that has led me to become black-pilled rather than a blue-pilled cuck.

Chewbacca said:
My mom was fairly strict and sheltered me like fuck. I think it may have messed me up a bit. I had parental controls on my computer until I was eighteen. Google was blocked, man. Google! Also, my mom is one of those moms who never want you to leave. When I moved out, she asked me why I was "doing this to her."

A bit? That's some George Orwell 1984 shit. Now wonder you are fucked up.

demonanus said:
A bit? That's some George Orwell 1984 shit. Now wonder you are fucked up.

I do wish I'd had more freedom for some things as a kid. I envy my little step brother, he got a tablet with internet when he was just eight, still no parental controls. I had to wait until I was thirteen to get online and was confined to AOL RED. But my brother gets to play online games rated M with his friends and he's thirteen. I remember talking to him a couple years back via text and he sounded so smart and grown up. At that age, I sounded like a complete retard. I felt like I was talking to someone way older when I spoke with him. I guess I never really "grew up" because I always seem younger to everyone. My demeanor is still like that of a nervous high schooler. Doesn't help that my face looks really young. I just got told yesterday I look like I graduated high school two years ago. It's been ten. Fml.

Chewbacca said:
I do wish I'd had more freedom for some things as a kid. I envy my little step brother, he got a tablet with internet when he was just eight, still no parental controls. I had to wait until I was thirteen to get online and was confined to AOL RED. But my brother gets to play online games rated M with his friends and he's thirteen. I remember talking to him a couple years back via text and he sounded so smart and grown up. At that age, I sounded like a complete retard. I felt like I was talking to someone way older when I spoke with him. I guess I never really "grew up" because I always seem younger to everyone. My demeanor is still like that of a nervous high schooler. Doesn't help that my face looks really young. I just got told yesterday I look like I graduated high school two years ago. It's been ten. Fml.

That's bad. Atleast you still can do something about it to a certain degree. Like confronting things that scare you and become more low inhib and collect some experiences. The problems is that once you are fucked during your childhood , there's not really a lot you can do later on. It' just sad man