Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Who Else Has This Weird "Quirk"

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

Self-banned
-
I have this weird thing where the longer I wait to achieve something the further I push the standards of the goal, and it always reaches unrealistic proportions. Like I know its pretty much impossible, but I always just set that goal in my head and whenever I think it can't go any further I come up with something to push it further

Take revenge on society for example:

At first I guess I had a "dream" to create and spread some kind of virus that would kill a few million people

As time went on it became wanting to wipe out most of the planet or render earths entire population infertile

Currently I'm at the point where I'm thinking - "But no, that wouldn't be enough now would it, what about all the Chad's and Stacy's of the past that got to live amazing lives, I can't let that happen either, so I have to find some means of time distortion so I can destroy the time space continuum, and destroy everything in reality from the beginning to now"

:feelskek:

Can it even go further than this, i don't think so, this is pretty much the limit of crazy dreams

Weirdly enough I always end up researching these things legitimately trying to find ways to do it, to pull off something like this I may have to wait for science to advance a few decades, it will likely always be at the top of my head though

This is just one example of this "quirk" manifesting, I do this with basically everything, its probably the core of my work ethnic, because I'm always "over thinking", trying to come up with ways to improve something or make something work, probably why I've always been promoted so quickly and acknowledged as a "hard worker", almost everything I do becomes an obsession that becomes more and more extreme over time until it is completed

The longer I wait to complete a goal, the more I obsess over it and think about it, and that usually leads to me pushing the envelope for it further and further because I'm thinking - "well I've already missed out on so much" or "i've already lost this much time" so "I have to take it to this level now to make up for it"

I think I've atleast reached the end of the line for my revenge goal though, there's nothing further one can do past destroying everything from past to present

Last edited:
High Iq. Personally I dont have it, im not goal oriented at all

"But no, that wouldn't be enough now would it, what about all the Chad's and Stacy's of the past that got to live amazing lives, I can't let that happen either

Made me lol tbh

I dunno if youre aspie or not but youre definitely not NT, at least tho your quirk seems to be helping you get promoted, Im just plain old autistic and never get anything done because I have no attention span

I think that quirk is called autism

I think that quirk is called autism

Very likely

I've already observed many traits typical of autism that I exhibit

The most obvious one being problems holding eye contact

But this "phenomenon" is something really specific, and I'm wondering if some other incels have the same thing

population infertile

Actually, the more people reproduce the better. If Earth's population keep increasing indefinitely, we'll eventually run out of free space and people will have to live in dense areas. That's a fertile ground for viruses and diseases.

Actually, the more people reproduce the better. If Earth's population keep increasing indefinitely, we'll eventually run out of free space and people will have to live in dense areas. That's a fertile ground for viruses and diseases.

1. Don't underestimate humans, we'll likely be sending colonies to other planets before we start to run out of space

2. If you don't cause the downfall in some way, it isn't YOUR REVENGE, its just an occurrence, and I won't be around to observe it anyways it doesn't matter to me

Not quite, but something similar is when I work on a sci fi novel I was going to write and every time I start I keep thinking about the feasibility of things endlessly and just stop.

Yes, I have an overactive imagination ever since I was a kid. My excessive daydreaming as kid would always be about me imagined as a 2d video game character jumping over bottomless pits in the school hallway etc.

When I got out of highschool my fantasies were darker because of my bad experience. I would "dream" to create a few T-1000 cyborgs to enter a place and annihilate everyone. I had full control of their actions from my house on a laptop. Then late on it went further that I "dreamed" that I was a skynet operator to have the cyborgs create a full on military war against the society.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, but I don't really like it. It always causes me to be dissatisfied with my own work, no matter how good it is, because it doesn't measure up to what I imagined it could be. Because of it I also have problems if I don't have a set deadline, I just improve that one project forever, and can't move on to the next one.

Probably many here have it but I over think everything.

Absolutely the same.

Edgy

I think everyone including me does.

I'm a daydreaming Walter mitty ffs.

I think I've atleast reached the end of the line for my revenge goal though, there's nothing further one can do past destroying everything from past to present

You can destroy alternate timelines.

You can destroy alternate timelines.

If one destroyed the time space continuum it would very likely cause a ripple effect, and destroy all timelines across time and space

The longer I wait to complete a goal, the more I obsess over it and think about it, and that usually leads to me pushing the envelope for it further and further because I'm thinking - "well I've already missed out on so much" or "i've already lost this much time" so "I have to take it to this level now to make up for it"
Yeah i have a similar problem whenever i have a goal that isn't too important for me i can easily accomplish it. But when i set a goal that i think is important even if its not that hard, my aspie brain obsess over it and i try to analyze every single detail of it and it becomes much harder to accomplish. If i skip these little details about the goal i know i will more sucessful but i feel incredibly uncomfortable when i skip the details.