Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Who else has a blank mind most of the time?

Looksmaxxcel

Looksmaxxcel

Captain
I'm able to turn off my thoughts and internal monologue/voice and just think about absolutely nothing, it's weird. Most people talk about not being able to stop thinking all the time, but I'm actually capable of turning my thinking off and just simply existing/taking in my senses. Can anyone else do this?

It's an impossible task for me, and the reason why I have difficulty meditating. There's always something I'm thinking about.

I'm able to turn off my thoughts and internal monologue/voice and just think about absolutely nothing, it's weird. Most people talk about not being able to stop thinking all the time, but I'm actually capable of turning my thinking off and just simply existing/taking in my senses. Can anyone else do this?
Yes

I have thought about what it would be like to do this and the closest way to do this I can think of is death, congrats you know how to die temporarily (I cannot do this)

i have extreme mental stillness although only can hold that state for a few moments before some intrusive negative thought ruins it

It’s second nature to me tbh

I fucking wish I could. My thoughts constantly torment me

I can only do it when I’m driving

Me on the days but when im about to sleep my brains wakes up

I have thought about what it would be like to do this and the closest way to do this I can think of is death, congrats you know how to die temporarily (I cannot do this)
Well if death is like this, then it's not so bad. It's actually quite peaceful.
If you want to reliably experience this, psychedelics do this. It seemed like my thoughts were completely and utterly turned off with them. It was actually very inhuman feeling.
Me on the days but when im about to sleep my brains wakes up
I hate having a fucked sleep cycle. My late caffeine consumption definitely isn't helping.

Last edited:
It's a blessing tbh
Being tortured by constant thoughts drains so much of your energy.

All I have are negative thoughts

I can do that

I wish I could achieve this.
I was trying that mantra thing that @HopeCopeRope mentioned in an earlier thread, but my negative thoughts (fear, anger, anxiety) were too strong.
I want to be a cold, emotionless robot, but I cannot :feelscry:

mogs me hard tbh. does time pass faster when you're not thinking of anything?

mogs me hard tbh. does time pass faster when you're not thinking of anything?
It actually seems to move by even slower whenever I turn my thoughts off. I become even more aware of my senses while everything in my head becomes complete radio silence.

Quite the opposite happens when I start thinking a lot and get lost in my thoughts, time seems to fly by faster and I lose track of it.