Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Who coined the term "incel" and what did he believe in?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
There's a lot of talk about how "'incel' isn't an ideology, it just means you can't laid" and how "'virgin but not incel' is an oxymoron." I think it comes from misuse of semantics. When people talk about the "incel ideology," what they actually mean is "the blackpill." Whatever "the blackpill" truly means. You're "incel" if you're celibate and it's not by choice. That's all. All those scary beliefs of ours, that "ideology," that's "the blackpill." And maybe people are confused about this.

HOWEVER... I'm pretty sure a lot of normies know this, and say "No, fuck that and fuck you. 'Incel' is your word, you made that word up. We had words for people who can't get laid, then you people came along with your beliefs and introduced the word 'incel.' Therefore, 'incel' is what you virgins are. Not what we virgins are. 'Incels' is you guys. 'Virgins' is us guys."

So to settle this once and for all, I think we need to know the actual etymology of the word "incel." Who coined it? And what did he mean by it? Who did he say were the "incels" by whatever his definition of it was? Now, that might be hard to answer, who this coiner thought counted as an "incel." But at the very least, he thought he himself was an incel, probably. So what we can probably conclude from that is, an "incel" is someone who can't get laid, and is alike to the coiner in the ways that count.

A femoid supposedly coined the word.

A femoid supposedly coined the word.

People say that, but then we say "No no, it's actually even OLDER than that, you're just trying to be difficult because you think we hate women."

People say that, but then we say "No no, it's actually even OLDER than that, you're just trying to be difficult because you think we hate women."
I don't have a thorough understanding of etymology so will have to defer to the other users on this question.

My ancestors coined the term back when they were cavemen

Incel was originally Invcel, which, I think, sounds a lot better.

The term "incel" was coined by that one foid in the 90s who had a mailing list or whatever it was, but it's ridiculous to say she "invented" anything. Incel is anybody who can't get laid, which means they've been around forever. Before there were words like "hermit" and "old maid" (the latter of which exclusively applies to women and the former of which exclusively applies to men).

Incels are more visible than they ever were before, and they're predominantly male whereas they were not before. This is because modern social programs have meant that women only need men to provide a semen sample, and for that they have no reason not to exclusively seek samples from the top 10% of males. It used to be that having a child out of wedlock was a really dangerous thing to do because there was no support for you; that is no longer true.

they treat incel and blackpill as the same thing because femoids want to kill every ugly man in the world out there even if you don't even know the manosphere, that's why they're so desperate to treat incels like terrorists
Females are 1000x worse than any dictator in history

The term "incel" was coined by that one foid in the 90s who had a mailing list or whatever it was, but it's ridiculous to say she "invented" anything. Incel is anybody who can't get laid, which means they've been around forever. Before there were words like "hermit" and "old maid" (the latter of which exclusively applies to women and the former of which exclusively applies to men).

Incels are more visible than they ever were before, and they're predominantly male whereas they were not before. This is because modern social programs have meant that women only need men to provide a semen sample, and for that they have no reason not to exclusively seek samples from the top 10% of males. It used to be that having a child out of wedlock was a really dangerous thing to do because there was no support for you; that is no longer true.

People aren't talking about hermits or old maids. They're talking about us, this culture that we're a part of. The people who refer to themselves as "incel." That's why they say "Virgin but not incel." Hermits, old maids, they are not "incels" by the "common standard" because the "common standard" is "'Incel' is a made up word specifically by a certain group of people, therefore that word is for them and our words are for us."

did the foid herself claim to be an incel? It was a support group online for all peoples, men and women that couldn't get laid and if i recall she was saying referring to herself and others as incels? correct?

“Incel” was coined by some foid back in 1993 however nearly 100 years ago a male scientist actually used the phrase “involuntary celibate” in one of his essays or books. Can’t remember the guy’s name.

I coined the term by being born.

a "femcel" allegedly