Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Who adapted better to his incel status?

Who adapted better to their incel status?

• Me

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • My brother

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Sexdoll Pioneer

Sexdoll Pioneer

3 lovedolls and counting
-
My brother (33) and I (37) both lost the genetic lottery big-time. Neither of us ever had any chance of attracting a female due to the inferior genes we both inherited from our father. We've gone a combined 70 years without one female ever showing interest in us.

We've chosen to adapt to our unfortunate genetics in different ways:
  • I, the older brother, graduated from university and worked years in accounting and finance before settling for more laid-back data entry type jobs because dealing with extreme stress isn't worth it when you're a hopeless incel with an irredeemable face. In spite of being severely depressed for the last 25+ years, I'm still working full-time because I don't want to be homeless when my 73 year-old father passes away. I've also been preparing to live off-the-grid so I can hopefully escape this hellish existence and be able to minimize contact with females who constantly make me feel like I'm the ugliest man ever to exist.
  • My unmotivated brother flunked out of college 12 years ago and has been NEET, hikikomori, and otaku ever since. He spends his entire life playing video games and watching shows on my dad's 56-inch HDTV. He has completely given up on life and hasn't applied for a single job this entire decade. He flaps his arms in protest and annoyedly sighs whenever my dad gives him "the talk" about doing something productive with his life.
Which of us do you think is handling his inceldom better? I have more money, but am also losing my sanity and am ready to run away from everything next year. My brother lives like a king right now, but that's obviously not sustainable. I think we're both screwed in the end, but at least my brother's living it up right now unlike me.

your brother sounds neet and comfy but u have a plan for the future idk both based

If you end up replacing your dad in spoiling your brother then your brother wins.

I wagecuck my days away but I really wanna NEET. And as far as having your life together does it matter if you plan on roping anyway?

planning for the future is for normies tbh.
incel trait is i living for the moment, no need to plan into a future if its gonna be shit, if i had any other support i 100% would have become NEET/hikikomori
I wagecuck my days away but I really wanna NEET. And as far as having your life together does it matter if you plan on roping anyway?

And as far as having your life together does it matter if you plan on roping anyway?

I won't rope if I can find a way to live on the fringes of civilization, in a relatively unpopulated state, and be surrounded by nature. I could see myself coping with my sexdolls and naturemaxxing if I wouldn't have to be reminded of how ugly I am every fucking day like I am now! Being a wageslave in a large city is fucking suicidefuel.

brother is based and epic fuck wagies

you need money. with money in the end you'll have some sort of existence that is not complete shit. heating, food, clothing, maybe a car. if sit hits the fan you don't need to live in the streets getting hooked up on crack. you're living a shitty, demoralizing life but there's some prospect of not being completely fucked up. save every penny, hold onto your job, prepare for the worst as best as you can.

what awaits your brother is true torment, and only way holding on to that tortureous life is getting a backbreaking job or taking the only exit, suicide. even talking about makes me depressed. don't go down that road, I have been a NEET for 3 years, had no money, no prospect. everyday was full of suicidal ideas. if you want to live that is not the way.

wonder how much money have though, can you afford a downpayment for a condo? will you inherit your father's house?

NEET is best, but unfortunately most people can't pull it off, especially not in the long run.

If you're sorted for the future you win ngl

will you inherit your father's house?

I will legally disclaim my father's house (or sell it right away) if it's ever bequeathed to me because I refuse to pay $5,000 in combined property/school taxes just to live in some hellish suburb where traffic is unbearable and the women are unbearably stuck-up. I recently moved out to the country to get away from that shithole town, but am now thinking about selling my house and moving to an unpopulated western state like Utah, Nevada, or Wyoming. Or becoming a vandwelling nomad who lives in AZ/NM/UT/NV in the winter months and WY/MT/ID/CO in the summer months.

wonder how much money have though, can you afford a downpayment for a condo?

My net worth is close to $200k and includes cash, investments, precious metals, and equity on my property. I don't want a condo and would only purchase real estate in a rural setting (and get a cabin, tiny home, trailer, van, or RV). I'm all about neoindigenous living because I am truly fed-up with modern culture and want to escape before I reach a psychological breaking point.

Last edited:
now thinking about selling my house and moving to an unpopulated western state like Utah, Nevada, or Wyoming. Or becoming a vandwelling nomad who lives in AZ/NM/UT/NV in the winter months and WY/MT/ID/CO in the summer months.
I have looked into vanlyfe™ myself, it's too tedious for me I'd prefer house/condo living but don't know what would work out best for you in your situation. not having any money is a nightmare scenario though man I guess just look out for that and best of luck. I think you did the right thing.

The only reason why I don't NEET is because I have nobody to leech off of. I would be homeless if I don't work.

I have looked into vanlyfe™ myself, it's too tedious for me I'd prefer house/condo living but don't know what would work out best for you in your situation. not having any money is a nightmare scenario though man I guess just look out for that and best of luck. I think you did the right thing.

It does entail a lot of responsibility and hassle, but it's a sacrifice that I'd be willing to make if it meant never having to set foot in another large metropolitan area again (with the possible exception of Tokyo where I wouldn't mind vacationing someday).

I would do a lot of questionable shit to have the same life as your brother tbh ngl

I actually know someone who lives like your brother, I wouldn't be able to bear that kind of lifestyle.

Your brother, you are a retarded wageslave

I actually know someone who lives like your brother, I wouldn't be able to bear that kind of lifestyle.

In my experience, even the most tolerable job is less bearable than NEETdom.

The ideal wageslaving scenario would be working from home and the ideal NEET scenario would be getting disabilitybux like Grotesque. Wageslaving is hell if you're forced into society everyday like me, and NEETdom is worrisome if you're relying on aging parents like my brother.
Your brother, you are a retarded wageslave

The only reason I'm sticking it out for now is because there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I only have between 3-6 months left of this soul-crushing existence and then I'm out for good when I sell my house in the spring (no point in selling it in the winter). There's no way that I would ever wageslave for 40-50 years like some people do. Any incel who does that is retarded unless they're making Wall Street money or doing something they really love.

Last edited:
As long as you don't cuck yourself by throwing money at some used up roast beef, your approach is better imo. It allows for more expensive copies.

As long as you don't cuck yourself by throwing money at some used up roast beef, your approach is better imo. It allows for more expensive copies.

My depression, anxiety, irritibility, sleeplessness, and time-starvation are so much higher now than when I was NEET and I'm at high-risk of having a heart attack before age 40 if I don't exit this nightmarish lifestyle soon. I've had several mental breakdowns this week alone and it's not going to get any better during these depressing winter months. Moreover, I don't have much time for copes because I'm always working, unlike my brother who gets to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants 24/7/365.

Considering my brother isn’t an incel and pulls 6-8/10 women, I would say me.

Brother,he provides nothing for soyciety and copemaxxes while wagies rage

Your brother copemogs you hard.

You should not under any circumstances provide for your brother once your father passes away, you are wageslaving so hard right now FOR YOURSELF, you are putting in the hard work for your own benefit.
If you end up replacing your dad in spoiling your brother then your brother wins.

I prefer wagecucking to NEET as long as the job isn't absolute shit.

JFL at people saying your brother. Yes being neet is more satisfying/comfortable and less stressful but he's basically stuck while you can financially depart away from society eventually. As an incel I must get away from the annoying faggots around me.

You should not under any circumstances provide for your brother once your father passes away, you are wageslaving so hard right now FOR YOURSELF, you are putting in the hard work for your own benefit.

You are right about that. I do wish, however, that I could find a way to get my brother on some kind of disabilitybux because that's probably the only way he's going to survive once my father's gone. Also, it would be better to have the financial burden of supporting him fall on the taxpayers' shoulders rather than my father's and potentially mine down the road.

What I don't understand I how you or your brother didn't roped yet in such circumstances.
At least your bro don't wageslave

What I don't understand I how you or your brother didn't roped yet in such circumstances.
At least your bro don't wageslave

My brother pretty much lives in his own world and pretends the outside world doesn't exist. Not being exposed to constant suicide-fuel like I am every time I go outside does wonders for one's mental health, but that's obviously not going to last with my father being 73 and not getting any younger. He's basically living on borrowed time. Once my father dies, he's a prime candidate for suicide and might take my mother with him if he ever discovers that she squandered roughly a half-million dollars in inheritance money (plus a substantial percentage of my father's lifetime earnings) that could have been used to sustain his NEETdom.

As for me, I'm waiting for a catastrophic event (such as being diagnosed with cancer, my father dying, or balding) to push me over the edge. I might be able to go the rest of my life without roping if I can avoid wageslaving and being stuck in a suffocating urban or suburban environment. Being surrounded by nature instead of other people, and enjoying realistic sexdolls/sexbots might be enough to keep me alive. That's honestly the only reason I bother getting up in the morning anymore: To one day be able to leave this life behind. If something ever prevents me from achieving this dream after decades of suffering and sacrificing (such as crushing medical bills over $100,000), the end result will be people on this forum using my initials instead of "E.R." in future discussions.