Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Which forum format do you prefer?

Which forum format do you prefer?

• Total voters
TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
If you were to make a new male-centric forum (not specifically incel but manosphere in general as a male-only space), with their own subforums around various topics (such as each one for inceldom, GBT discussion, health and fitness, moneymaxxing, "girls ask guys", etc), which format do you prefer?
  • Bulletin board format: Pretty much like this forum. It follows a flat format where replies are added onto the end of the thread in chronological order and are not nested. Quotes are used to comment on each reply. There are subforums or sections for each topic, but compared to the later two formats they are the least isolated and pretty much the entire forum makeup the community instead of separate communities around each topic.
  • Reddit-style format: Each topic has its own subforum with its own community. Replies are nested and each reply are rated by upvotes and downvotes, with the order of replies based on their ratings. Early incel and manosphere (red pill) forums were based on Reddit.
  • Imageboard format: Like 4chan, 8kun and Wizchan. There are separate boards for each topic. By default users are anonymous without an account, however it allows the use of tripcodes that can uniquely identify a user with their posts. Usually an image is required to be uploaded in order to start a thread, and replies aren't nested instead the post being replied is linked. When threads aren't bumped or reach the reply limit, they are archived or purged from the site.

Last edited:
bulletin style for sure. all we need for .is are the reactions for posts like looksmax.org has

Bulletin board by far. I also prefer the light theme to the dark theme. I use it.

The imageboard style is the best I think. I don't really like bulletin boards but this is the only place that is semi-decent. I might rent out a server to host an incel/mra imageboard but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Anonymous imageboard
The lack of anonymity is what keeps this site alive. We need a system to filter out everyone who isn't supposed to be here or else this place would turn into /r9k/ with the normalfriends and such.

Last edited:
Bulletin. Reminds me of old school forums you could find back in the day.

Bulletin. Reminds me of old school forums you could find back in the day.
I like the look of vBulletin and phpBB, tbh. Of course, forums are still around but they're taken over by social media.

I like the look of vBulletin and phpBB, tbh. Of course, forums are still around but they're taken over by social media.
phpBB look so classic I love that shit man. Takes me back to like 2007

Yes, it does look dated but I like the feel of it.

Reminds me of being a high school or college millennial in the 2000s chatting on my iMac G5.

I used to like the reddit-style system, I'll admit, but this bulletin format has really grown on me. Or maybe just the site itself grew on me. Either way, it feels comfy. :feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk::feelshaha::feelshaha:

The lack of anonymity is what keeps this site alive. We need a system to filter out everyone who isn't supposed to be here or else this place would turn into /r9k/ with the normalfriends and such.
Not entirely true. You can just have active jannies. Also it was only supposed to be male-centric.

There was incels.cafe for a while which was an imageboard, but being an altchan it had the usual problems you would expect and was pretty inactive. It looks like it's dead now.

its cozy with these forum styles :feelscomfy:
reddit is for nu-hipster faggots and 4chan has always looked like dogshit to me lol

Reddit format is the only one that works for really large forums but large forums are normie infested shitholes anyway so it doesn't matter.
This format is the best imo. Keeps things organized without bloating the forum with unnecessary features.
I like 4chan too but it has limited use. Anonymous posting and bumping based sorting attracts and incentivizes trolls. Trolling in 4chan is fun from time to time, but far from the best place to have a serious discussion.
Finally the lack of upvotes/downvotes in bulletin format and 4chan format prevents aggressive echo chambers present in reddit.
bulletin style for sure. all we need for .is are the reactions for posts like looksmax.org has
What purpose does looksmax reactions have exactly?
Anonymity and lack of moderative action is what allowed LGBT and females to subvert r9k
I usually prefer hands-off bare minimum moderation but that was a mistake
I used to like the reddit-style system, I'll admit, but this bulletin format has really grown on me. Or maybe just the site itself grew on me. Either way, it feels comfy. :feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk::feelshaha::feelshaha:
Similar experience here. Coming here as a braincels refugee the format felt strange at first but it has grown on me too