Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Which came first, the incel or the misogynist? A new study delves into the incel mind

war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★

Some interesting (and water) snippets in the article:

--

Despite the stereotype of incels as white basement dwellers, they are in fact racially, economically and in many other ways quite diverse.
We're quite a diverse bunch!:D

Moskalenko had her own criticisms of the study. Noting that the vast majority of self-identified incels are not violent and reject violence, Moskalenko disagreed with the researchers' suggestion that the difference between violent and non-violent incels could be explained by "exposure to violent incel content." (Gul, for her part, also told Salon that the vast majority of incels are not violent.) Moskalenko added that "the media sometimes create boogie men out of straw men" and "I think incels might be an example of that."

"I conclude that for most incels, the motivation is largely to find a likeminded community online, to share their loneliness, frustration, sadness, and anxiety (rates of mental health symptoms reported by incels in my study and others' are staggering)," Moskalenko argued. "Almost all incels in my studies report having been bullied. I suspect the Incel Community is a place to cope with that trauma and share that grievance."

The typology narrative is that our bad personality caused ugliness

it has to be the misogynist :feelstastyman: