Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Which anime genre is more insufferable isekai or slice of life?

Choose

• Isekai

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Slice of life

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
In my opinion the two most generic, uninspired and boring anime genres in existence... And worst of all is that most modern anime is one of these two. Let's summarize them:

· Slice of life: Full of boring predictable tropes like school festival, falling asleep in class, it's raining so they have to stay under a porch, summer festival with yukata and fireworks, beach episode, etc. The episodes have the pace of a snail and it feels nothing ever happens, you're always waiting for the story to progress but no keep waiting it's not gonna happen. Until in the last episode they have some lame plot twist like the waifu's parents died in a car crash 10 years ago.

· Isekai: Always the same generic plot of a NEET/virgin/incel loser who is transported to a fantasy videogame, metaverse or alternate world. There he's an OP Chad who gets the best weapons, the best equipment, the most gold and gets a harem of waifus with equally generic personalities, despite having the personality and character development of a shoe. It's esentially a ricecel self insert fantasy fanfic which I could have written when I was 13. Once you see one you've seen them all.

What kind of anime do you like then? shounenshits where nigger A beats up nigger B with energy blasts and mega punches? :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

What kind of anime do you like then? shounenshits where nigger A beats up nigger B with energy blasts and mega punches? :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
Unironically yes I think that's more interesting than moeshit slice of life or another generic isekai kek even if I don't watch anime that much. Some of my favorites are Kill la Kill, Black Lagoon, Parasyte, Hellsing Ultimate, Gurrenn Lagan, Elfen Lied. I watched them ages ago, but good shit.

Kill la Kill, Black Lagoon, Parasyte, Hellsing Ultimate, Gurrenn Lagan, Elfen Lied. I watched them ages ago, but good shit.
Literally the most normie, mainstream anime out there. is this the kind of people I share this forum with?

I like romance animes but they hurt my feelings since I can't imagine myself in a similar scenario

my favorite anime are isekai

At least in isekai I'll see some fat titties

I have been able to enjoy some Isekai, at least in the beginning. Those series have no longevity. I have never found any slice of life enjoyable. Maybe Japanese life just seems miserable to me

In my opinion the two most generic, uninspired and boring anime genres in existence... And worst of all is that most modern anime is one of these two. Let's summarize them:

· Slice of life: Full of boring predictable tropes like school festival, falling asleep in class, it's raining so they have to stay under a porch, summer festival with yukata and fireworks, beach episode, etc. The episodes have the pace of a snail and it feels nothing ever happens, you're always waiting for the story to progress but no keep waiting it's not gonna happen. Until in the last episode they have some lame plot twist like the waifu's parents died in a car crash 10 years ago.

· Isekai: Always the same generic plot of a NEET/virgin/incel loser who is transported to a fantasy videogame, metaverse or alternate world. There he's an OP Chad who gets the best weapons, the best equipment, the most gold and gets a harem of waifus with equally generic personalities, despite having the personality and character development of a shoe. It's esentially a ricecel self insert fantasy fanfic which I could have written when I was 13. Once you see one you've seen them all.
slice of life makes me angry.

I have been able to enjoy some Isekai, at least in the beginning. Those series have no longevity. I have never found any slice of life enjoyable. Maybe Japanese life just seems miserable to me
Isekai relies on gimmicks that don't last. Slice of life is good if you like being life mogged by the protagonist.

I stopped watching anime around 1.5 years ago and stopped reading manga about three months ago. I picked up manga again but will most likely not watch anime unless something i really like gets adapted.
I think isekai is worse because it could be so much more interesting but it always follows the same path of truecel dies and becomes the most powerful being in the universe with a harem of 100 girls. Its just a fantasy the writers wished they lived in

All anime is insufferable.

Maybe Japanese life just seems miserable to me
They obsess over high school because that's the last time any Japanese person is free. After that it's all 15 hour shifts wagecucking.

Slice of Life because it's a normies life which I will never have.
Isekai is more based because it's usually about an inkwell becoming a chad, which I can fantasize about.

both genre used to be good but nigger shinzo abe era regulations ruined anime; they wanted to push for 'merry' things in media including anime and put a ban on many themes like rapes, genocides and so in mainstream non-censored works...it's all downhill then...you cannot have creative freedom under all these and since then one after another works got cucked
it's one big reason Attack on Titan got ruined - as main sponsored pulled the rug and Isayama had to bring it to some sort of end which skirted around genocide but at the end 'good goys' won and all

we will never have old era animes and all again - it's all moeshit now across various genres even where it may not fit well

your only hope is to read hentai with some plot or go towards mahnwa korean shit which is almost always MILF rape in uncensored category :feelswhat:

I used to hate Isekai when I was younger but as my life went further into shit, I started to enjoy it more as I would self insert into the MC. That being said, I enjoy maybe a tenth of seasonal Isekai. A lot of it is just boring but when you find a good one, you find a good one

I used to hate Isekai when I was younger but as my life went further into shit, I started to enjoy it more as I would self insert into the MC. That being said, I enjoy maybe a tenth of seasonal Isekai. A lot of it is just boring but when you find a good one, you find a good one
The only one I liked was Redo of healer because of the rapey scenes :feelskek:

theyre both boring af and overplayed now, why i don't watch anime as much now

Gotta go with SoL because it is more woman and tranny friendly. Isekai treats women like the objects they are.
But I enjoy both, sadly. SoL is healing and gooning to the futa doujins later is alright.

Literally the most normie, mainstream anime out there. is this the kind of people I share this forum with?
shhiiieeettt listen nigger IM SPECIAL i watch some most most unique artistic shows, anime cause IM SPECIAL not some normieniggershit unlike you :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

By far tho isekai they are just worst

Isekai by a long shot.

Slice of Life can be interesting and engaging. Some tend to have fun characters.

Isekai IS interesting in concept inherently, but the execution is ALWAYS fucking terrible.

Not to mention I can't stand the whole "Boring guy with no personality had 6 waifus all over him getting blushy". Which is like 99% of the isekai genre.

"It's harem self-insert brooo"

I don't care! I don't have hair and I don't look "cute". I look like a pedophile. I can't fucking self-insert.

I cannot stand this shit.

Bump because I just finished Overlord and despite I really don't like isekai I loved this one and even binge watched the final season. I liked that the main character is already OP so he doesn't have to go on stupid MMORPG missions to level up and that his homies have interesting personalities instead of being just generic waifus. I also liked how it focuses more on world building and different subplots instead of your typical save the world main quest.

So isekai wins again over slice of life I still have to find a slice of life anime that doesn't suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back