Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Where are The Metalcels?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35171
  • Start date
hello there i hear demons and have an imaginary wife

I'm right here, but I'm also an elitist. So decide whether or not you want to associate with me.

Elaborate.
Nu "metal," anything ending with -core, and that farcical piece of Japanese consumerism "BaByMeTaL" are all trash, and none of it is really metal. If anything, it's all a different offshoot of rock, spawning from punk rather than alongside (and competing with) it.

With a few exceptions. All That Remain's first album is pretty good.

Nu "metal," anything ending with -core, and that farcical piece of Japanese consumerism "BaByMeTaL" are all trash, and none of it is really metal. If anything, it's all a different offshoot of rock, spawning from punk rather than alongside (and competing with) it.

Baby"metal" :lul::lul: lmfao..

What are your thoughts on symphonic metal? That's my favorite genre. Bands like Epica, Nightwish, Amberian Dawn, Delain, etc? Thoughts on the song I posted?

Baby"metal" :lul::lul: lmfao..

What are your thoughts on symphonic metal? That's my favorite genre. Bands like Epica, Xandria, Amberian Dawn, Delain, etc? Thoughts on the song I posted?
Depends. "Symphonic" isn't a subgenre of its own, it's more of an attribute, like "technical". If it's symphonic death metal or symphonic black metal, sure, that shit's alright, but I don't really listen to much of that of my own volition, other than Meadows End. If it's symphonic metalcore or some garbage like that, though, get it out of my face. :feelswhat:

I have not heard of any of the bands you've listed, though.

Depends. "Symphonic" isn't a subgenre of its own, it's more of an attribute, like "technical". If it's symphonic death metal or symphonic black metal, sure, that shit's alright, but I don't really listen to much of that of my own volition, other than Meadows End. If it's symphonic metalcore or some garbage like that, though, get it out of my face. :feelswhat:

I have not heard of any of the bands you've listed, though.
I don't even know what metalcore is lmfao

I don't even know what metalcore is lmfao
Atreyu, In Flames, Sonic Syndicate, Trivium, Shadows Fall, After the Burial, to name a few. It's trash that I wouldn't recommend, generally. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule, like the one I already posted.

I think nu metal is fine here and there. Always wanted to try metalcore and see what its about.

I don’t listen to metal but most metal fans I have met are cool.

Why do you hate metalcore.
Because it's low-tier shite that attracts the former emo crowd. The music is just bad, lazy, and boring, and the band members are usually pretty cringe in videos.

Because it's low-tier shite that attracts the former emo crowd. The music is just bad, lazy, and boring, and the band members are usually pretty cringe in videos.
What kind of music do you like? I'm still relatively new to metal

I like detal metal and grindcore.

I recommend dying fetus and pig destroyer. :feelsmusic:

What kind of music do you like? I'm still relatively new to metal
Typically, I like a lot of old-school thrash metal, black metal, and death metal, but I'll listen to some new stuff, too, usually in the newer death metal, tech. death, melo. death, and second- and third-wave black metal genres, as well as some DSBM and NSBM, too. My tastes are quite varied, at least where it concerns actual metal, but I won't touch power metal or gothic metal.

Some of my favorites bands are Ouroboros, Meadows End, Devious, Malevolent Creation, Goatmoon, Immortal, and Morta Skuld.

Typically, I like a lot of old-school thrash metal, black metal, and death metal, but I'll listen to some new stuff, too, usually in the newer death metal, tech. death, melo. death, and second- and third-wave black metal genres, as well as some DSBM and NSBM, too. My tastes are quite varied, at least where it concerns actual metal, but I won't touch power metal or gothic metal.

Some of my favorites bands are Ouroboros, Meadows End, Devious, Malevolent Creation, Goatmoon, Immortal, and Morta Skuld.
I like all shall fall from immortal. What are your thoughts on the big 4

metal is dead , its puke inducing

I don't stick to any specific genres anymore but when I was first starting to listen to music, I was listening mostly to metal. I first listened to Soilwork, then I found out about Jango and it automatically introduced me to similar bands. My favourite ones were Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Sabaton and Fear Factory. Later, I also found Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, etc.

It's been a long time since I last got into any new bands though. Music in general doesn't have the same effect on me as it used to.

I like all shall fall from immortal. What are your thoughts on the big 4
Which big 4? Big 4 of thrash metal? Or big 4 of polish death metal?

Who even knows polish death metal.
:feelsUgh: I do.

Thrash of course.
I feel like Testament should have been one of the big 4, in place of Anthrax. Otherwise, Metallica's early stuff is good, some of Megadeth's stuff is pretty good, and some of Slayer's stuff is alright.

I am mentalcel

Right here, I got the idea for my username from a death metal band, as it's my favorite genre

1bc0b33912ba109cbc9d1cf950f4f164

Try Yousei Teikoku. It's actually japanese gothic metal done right

@bigantennaemay1

Thoughts on this?
View: https://open.spotify.com/album/7sDWktL9q8E53QJQjdLmsd

Or this

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/5OcDQoUEUGocxuSKo2nuu2

I feel like Seven Spires is becoming my favorite band of all time

Eh. I don't care too much for those vocals.
Try Yousei Teikoku. It's actually japanese gothic metal done right
I'm gonna be honest. When I get recommended something that's claimed to be metal, and I look it up on metal-archives and it doesn't show up, I don't even bother.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of metal. I prefer corrugated iron.

Right here, brother :dab:
Metal is lifefuel

Eh. I don't care too much for those vocals.

I'm gonna be honest. When I get recommended something that's claimed to be metal, and I look it up on metal-archives and it doesn't show up, I don't even bother.
metal-archives?

metal-archives?
metal-archives.com. It's a comprehensive encyclopedia on metal, but only true metal. They get a lot of flak for being elitist, but that clicks with me. Bands like Babymetal, Slipknot, and Suicide Silence won't show up on there.

I use it as a quick resource to screen recommended metal bands. Based on past experience, if a "metal" band doesn't show up there, I very likely won't like it. And even if it's something I would like, I have so much music, anyway, that I can afford to miss out.

Nice thread.
I´m very much a metalhead like you.

Anyone else a fan of Minenwerfer? These guys rock, my fav band tbh

This one rocks too

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination