Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion When and why did you stop going on vacation/holiday with your folks?

UnwantedVirgin

UnwantedVirgin

Autism is a death sentence for ugly men
★★★★★
I get asked along every year with my parents and deep down I'm thinking what's the point I'm too old for this, I should be enjoying trips with a girlfriend as a couple and not hanging around with my parents like an invalid spare part at 29. I get annoyed when I see couples out and about and knowing they're probably enjoying their vacation or day out as a twosome and have sex every night.

Last edited:
My mother took me on holiday infrequently in my formative years. Been to Fuerteventura, Cyprus, Nigeria, Malta - she's been to a number more since. Traditional holidays have no utility to me - can't imagine a bigger waste of time. My room is perfectly adequate. I'll open the window or go for a rare walk if I am that starved for passive social interaction. No matter where I am situated on this planet, the experience is uninspired. Best to remain in comfort. When did I stop going? I guess when I became fully cognisant and realised I had free will - toward the end of my teenage-hood. The answer will remain no.

My mother took me on holiday infrequently in my formative years. Been to Fuerteventura, Cyprus, Nigeria, Malta - she's been to a number more since. Traditional holidays have no utility to me - can't imagine a bigger waste of time. My room is perfectly adequate. I'll open the window or go for a rare walk if I am that starved for passive social interaction. No matter where I am situated on this planet, the experience is uninspired. Best to remain in comfort. When did I stop going? I guess when I became fully cognisant and realised I had free will - toward the end of my teenage-hood. The answer will remain no.
Same tbh, I guess the only thing is the change of scenery but after a while I become homesick. Things that make these trips nice as a kid aren't applicable to us, ok maybe we can sit at the bar and drink but still you know deep down how much you'd rather be there with a foid or be attractive enough to hook up with one there and are not invited to the party going on around us.

If I do go somewhere with my parents I try and be independent from them and go wander by myself, but yeah, I am getting to the point where if I am asked to come along on holiday with them I will probably just not go. It starts getting embarrassing when you are a grown man going on holiday with parents rather than friends or a gf.

I have never been on vacation with my parents.

i didn't stop because i didn't start going with them in the past
they didn't like going to the beach and i don't blame them i don't like the beach myself.
i am still preparing on going in july by myself. i just hope i don't get lazy and cancel my plans

Last time we went on vacation was 2016.
We've gotten too poor to allow us to go on holidays since.

Same. When I was young we always went on vacations. My boomer parents got plenty of time off work because they were boomers.

We were upper middle class and now have absolutely nothing because of their poor financial choices. Now both of my parents are poor as shit.
It's brutal to see how much our parents' decisions affect us...

When I was younger, we went on vacations once every 2 years, and then it had began too expensive.

For a very long time, only my dad had a dead-end job, my mom couldn't get one bc she's an annoying karen, and my dad wasted most of the money in cigarettes and alcohol.

My mom had a well paying job and my dad had a decent job then they decided to move and ruined everything. Now my dad hasnt had a job in 10 years and he has a boomer delusion that hes rich and can “just start a business” despite not even trying. He actually moved back in with his 90 year old mother and still wont work. My parents left me with absolutely nothing.

I cant wait for boomers to finally die off.
Shit man wtf
I hope you'll end up getting some inheritance money at some point

went to Turkey with my mother in 2009, we shared a hotel room and fought constantly