Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What's your stance on religion?

LORD_KELVIN

LORD_KELVIN

Monk without a monastery
-
Yeah, so what is it?

I used to biblecope. I stopped posting apocalyptic bible quotes because it scared the hoes away and it was making me sound crazy

It's a massive cope to get through life and was created in the early days to control society.

(I still dont get how people here can be an Incel and still believe in God)

i used to be an atheist ,then turned agnostic,but slowly became a deist,and then catholic.it was a long process,so it's hard to talk about it,but i simply couldn't believe in the atheist views i had,after some time of reading and thinking

i used to be an atheist ,then turned agnostic,but slowly became a deist,and then catholic.it was a long process,so it's hard to talk about it,but i simply couldn't believe in the atheist views i had,after some time of reading and thinking
No need to explain. I went down the same road.

Needs to be established tbh, irreligious societies are fated to moral relativism

It's a massive cope to get through life and was created in the early days to control society.

(I still dont get how people here can be an Incel and still believe in God)

I'm agnostic. I don't care about the topic to be honest.

I want to believe in Christianity but everything about the bible screams man-made to me, plus there is a lot of cancer and corruption amongst religious groups, especially Christian.

I want to believe in Christianity but everything about the bible screams man-made to me, plus there is a lot of cancer and corruption amongst religious groups, especially Christian.
I mean,christ came here to save us from our corruption,so to see that corruption having it's own effects is normal.if anything the degeneracy,the sin,the filthness of life,just goes on to prove how useless man is without christ.

also what do you mean by man made? it was written by men(with the guidance of the holy spirit but still penned by men),in a man made language,using literary devices and techniques that are seen time and time again throughout history,but i really doubt that is what you are talking about.

Same for me but I kind of wish it's not true especially if I don't end up in heaven. Imagine living like an incel for decades only to end up in hell and suffer for an eternity

I mean,christ came here to save us from our corruption,so to see that corruption having it's own effects is normal.if anything the degeneracy,the sin,the filthness of life,just goes on to prove how useless man is without christ.

also what do you mean by man made? it was written by men(with the guidance of the holy spirit but still penned by men),in a man made language,using literary devices and techniques that are seen time and time again throughout history,but i really doubt that is what you are talking about.
I was referring to how the Bible shows all indicators that it has been originated from the mind of man, therefore, man made. There is nothing I want more than to see people follow Christianity, especially the teaching of Jesus that says people need to love each other as they would love themselves. (The love of respect and consideration, not the sexual love). I want that so much. I want to believe in Christ so much. Could you please help me? I am honestly desperate and miserable.

I was referring to how the Bible shows all indicators that it has been originated from the mind of man, therefore, man made. There is nothing I want more than to see people follow Christianity, especially the teaching of Jesus that says people need to love each other as they would love themselves. (The love of respect and consideration, not the sexual love). I want that so much. I want to believe in Christ so much. Could you please help me? I am honestly desperate and miserable.
i don't know what it is that you exatcly struggle with,but have you checked the books in my signature?the case for the ressurection of jesus, is a good book for the historical aspect of our lords ressurection(it tries to see if and how there is some veracity to our lord ressurection from what he can gather from the holy bible and early sources,and it's a pretty good read),and anwsering atheism by trent horn deals more with the intellectual side of things.If you want to go overboard in the intellectual side of it,the last supersition is an amazing book for that,but honestly it's overkill for most people,as the book is long,and stuff there deals with western philosophy which as a movement has had an history for over 2000 years,so it's a bit more complicated and mostly unecessary for most people.it's amazing how some people can grasp an idea a complicated idea through the simplest of means,whilst some people can only grasp a simple idea only after a convoluted complicated way. i am usually in the latter.

if you struggle with paying attention to books,there are youtube videos like aquinas 101,but honetly videos even to me who is 24/7 mentally distracted is even more distracting then books,so i would recommend reading in general.

I imagine you have read the all of the new testament,but if you haven't you should.i imagine some people read the gospels but skip the rest,when acts and the epistles are also hugely important and contain much wisdom.

there are plenty of decent catholic discords and often they have a section for questions(anyone can ask a question),and they might be able to help you since many of them study philosophy and theology 24/7,and some of those discords even have priests.saying this since, it's always good to have other places to ask questions,and a lot of those guys will probably reply much faster and better then me.

I studied evolution and came to conclusion that if evolution is true than a Christian god cannot be true.I noticed many holes and errors in evolution and now i am a proponent of intelligent design movement.

I’ve been an atheist for 4 years now. I have a lot of arguments against religion. But it’s not with debating about it with religious people.