Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What’s the point in reproducing

Reclusemaxxer

Reclusemaxxer

-
What’s the point in reproducing you know you’re offspring will die one day so why reproduce you could argue that oh at least they’ll get to live a good life before they die well how do you know your child won’t fail and live a life of hardship and misery or die before they even become an adult even if you’re wealthy or have the top 1% of genetics reproducing is pointless your bloodline is not that Important

Last edited:
What’s the point in reproducing you know you’re offspring will die one day so why reproduce you could argue that oh at least they’ll get to live a good life before they die well how do you know your child won’t fail and live a life or hardship and misery or die before they even become an adult even if you’re wealthy or have the top 1% of genetics reproducing is pointless your bloodline is not that Important
good point .

I don't want to reproduce but I do want the halo effect to favor me.

To multiply pain. If you don't have kids they won't suffer. Procreation is the darkest thing imaginable. If you have kids they will suffer because you've bring them into this world full of pain and affliction. If you have kids you'll suffer. If you had to take care of little brother or sister you know what I'm talking about. If your kid go ER or do something like that, other people will suffer too.

A few minutes of pleasure has potential to start decades long suffering of an innocent human being.
If you have sex you're the lowest of the low. If you start a family you're worse than that

To multiply pain. If you don't have kids they won't suffer. Procreation is the darkest thing imaginable. If you have kids they will suffer because you've bring them into this world full of pain and affliction. If you have kids you'll suffer. If you had to take care of little brother or sister you know what I'm talking about. If your kid go ER or do something like that, other people will suffer too.

A few minutes of pleasure has potential to start decades long suffering of an innocent human being.
If you have sex you're the lowest of the low. If you start a family you're worse than that
:bigbrain:

Alternately for a second hypothesis, I think the reason for the human tendency to mate and procreate could just be an extension of the human "ego". People may want to boost their self-esteem and increased their perceived "worth" of their lives as human beings, by conditioning other people to fulfil their wishes. If they don't already have the resources to boss people around, they can create children and condition them in a certain way, with the expectation that eventually those children will serve as an "extension" of the will that was held by their parent.

I think this is why the rich people of society reproduce at a much lesser rate and generally have less offspring than the poor people of society. The rich people have many subordinates through the businesses they own and operate, which means the rich dont exactly have to create new humans in order to have people satiate their desire. Whereas the poor people don't have that kind of control over people because they are poor, which means it would be more feasible for the poor to create new humans instead (via sexual reproduction) and prepare those new humans to satiate their desire once they reach a certain age.

Also I don't see any impartial reason to assert that a person's life would be any more or less meaningful or valuable, just because they have or don't have children. If you wanted to be impartial to the greatest possible extent , you could say the lives of all people are exactly identical in worth irrespective of the amount of children that would be had by each individual human.

Last edited:
What’s the point in reproducing you know you’re offspring will die one day so why reproduce you could argue that oh at least they’ll get to live a good life before they die well how do you know your child won’t fail and live a life of hardship and misery or die before they even become an adult even if you’re wealthy or have the top 1% of genetics reproducing is pointless your bloodline is not that Important
reproduction is the purpose of all biological life, right with survival.

reproduction is the purpose of all biological life, right with survival

When you consider the bigger picture it does seem pointless, because all living creatures on the planet are expected to die at some point. Like if you were to consider the long-term situation of the human ecosystem (like billions or trillions of years from now): What would be the point of reproduction when all of the reproduced lifeforms in the human ecosystem will eventually be destroyed and made inoperable?

If every living thing in the ecosystem will eventually die and rot away, what would be the point of survival and reproduction in the first place? Ideally, you could just live only for yourself and abstain from reproducing humans who would have inevitably died at some point after they were born.

So why reproduce then?

Do humans expect to achieve immortality, or have hopes of achieving immortality? Because besides the theory of boosting "self-esteem" by producing new humans and conditioning them to serve as an "extension" of the parent's desire... The hope of reaching immortality would be the only other possible reason as to why the humankind continues to reproduce, despite the risk that hardship and misery may occur to a newly produced human at a later point in their lifetime.

Last edited:
who gives a shit. just enjoy

the usual natalist take is to go straight for an ad hominem >umm… you only say that cos your life sucks, I'm ackshually an alpha male gigachad with perfect life and zero pain and I know my children will be the same :soy:
one comment before or after that they might be crying about having cartoonishly terrible life and pointing out how priviledged you are in comparison (an alternative pro-natalist take is to go the other side and say "omg, you're so priviledged to have control over your reproduction, poor people just MUST shit out 10 children and get even more poor cos they're not that priviledged, they have no other choice than to have vaginasex :ahegao:")

@deeptroat, you might enjoy this anti-natalist thread

bm5ma7haxzf31.jpg

When you consider the bigger picture it does seem pointless, because all living creatures on the planet are expected to die at some point. Like if you were to consider the long-term situation of the human ecosystem (like billions or trillions of years from now): What would be the point of reproduction when all of the reproduced lifeforms in the human ecosystem will eventually be destroyed and made inoperable?

If every living thing in the ecosystem will eventually die and rot away, what would be the point of survival and reproduction in the first place? Ideally, you could just live only for yourself and abstain from reproducing humans who would have inevitably died at some point after they were born.

So why reproduce then?

Do humans expect to achieve immortality, or have hopes of achieving immortality? Because besides the theory of boosting "self-esteem" by producing new humans and conditioning them to serve as an "extension" of the parent's desire... The hope of reaching immortality would be the only other possible reason as to why the humankind continues to reproduce, despite the risk that hardship and misery may occur to a newly produced human at a later point in their lifetime.
It’s the most selfish thing someone can do.