Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What's stopping you from roping?

Question in the title

• Religious reasons/scared of hellfire

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Family ("my mom will be sad")

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • too scared to do it

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Some kind of philosophy (eg. Stoicism)

• Various types of coping

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • I'm happy/fulfilled in life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lekoz14

lekoz14

Greycel
What's stopping you from roping?

scared to do it and i still have some copium

I'm terrified by the eternal void occupying all things before birth and after death. My life is already very short and insignificant, there's no point in reducing it even more between two absolute infinite voids.

survival instinct too strong, i'm like a roach :feelsbadman:

Fear of death and there are some copes I still enjoy. I also don't want to upset my family.

Death isn’t relief. You can only experience relief while alive. Pain would have to become much more severe for me to legitimately considering doing that.

I'm stubborn as hell and would never give girls the satisfaction of destroying me like that just because of them.

Also, I have very good copes.

Difficulty in obtaining sn

eeh a good method

JFL that 'I'm happy/fulfilled in life' is an option.

too scared to do it:fuk:

No easy or painless way to do it for me to seriously consider it.

Death isn’t relief. You can only experience relief while alive. Pain would have to become much more severe for me to legitimately considering doing that.
Death is a redemption, salvation to our painful existence.

I am afraid of the process plus the uncertainty of the afterlife. I have no idea where would I go next after leaving this shitty world.

i was invisible in high school. i learned to be a master at coping.
collecting/playing video games, learning new recipes, going to restaurants and cafes alone, i just got comfortable being alone 95% of the time

Can’t go until I send at least one chad or Stacy to prison so they can get raped by bbc all day

Scared. Also, I just want to live as long as possible to observe society evolve.

Either technological progress ends humanity, solves our problems or traps us in hell. The only meaningful question is how likely is S-risk?, the other 2 options are something I would want to witness in person.

I have rationalized that my life right now is a prologue to something better. Luckily as a 21 year old I could potentially live to the 2100s. By then technology will be so advanced that I am hoping to permanently vacation with my AI wife in a virtual vista. If I become immortal then my desolate existence right now will only have to be a short prologue to potentially eons of diverse experiences.

how likely is S-risk?
What is S-risk?

Because im not a little bitch

I have rationalized that my life right now is a prologue to something better. Luckily as a 21 year old I could potentially live to the 2100s. By then technology will be so advanced that I am hoping to permanently vacation with my AI wife in a virtual vista. If I become immortal then my desolate existence right now will only have to be a short prologue to potentially eons of diverse experiences.

What is S-risk?
X-Risk = existential risk, meaning we all die. Nuclear war for example is likely not a real X-risk because some heavily mutated freaks will survive in some cave in the middle of nowhere and civilization will restart sooner or later. But a misaligned AI would know to check every cave. An intelligent adversary will make sure we don't get back up as a species.

S-Risk = suffering risk, meaning some kind of infinite torture dystopia. Imagine a misaligned AI which cares about human life as one of the values it wants to maximize, but not in the way we want it to. It might keep you alive in a state you would rather not be alive in. And it might do that to billions of people. That would be an example. Another might be a tyrannical ruler empowered by tech to the extent that his reign never ends. Imagine an unaging dictator who has access to tech beyond our current capabilities and keeps the rest of the world in the stone age, so no one can ever come close to starting a successful rebellion.

Last edited:
My infinite hatred for this world and curiosity of how bad things can really get

S-Risk = suffering risk, meaning some kind of infinite torture dystopia. Imagine a misaligned AI which cares about human life as one of the values it wants to maximize, but not in the way we want it to. It might keep you alive in a state you would rather not be alive in. And it might do that to billions of people. That would be an example. Another might be a tyrannical ruler empowered by tech to the extent that his reign never ends. Imagine an unaging dictator who has access to tech beyond our current capabilities and keeps the rest of the world in the stone age, so no one can ever come close to starting a successful rebellion.
That's really interesting, I've never thought about it like that before.
I can certainly see AI becoming an arms race for billionaires, with whomever develops the most advanced AI immediately shutting down all other possibilities of revolt from competitors and the public. It has the potential to be more dangerous than nukes.
And even if an autonomous AI is developed with the best interests of humanity in mind, I wonder if it could interpret our desires articulately enough to execute them. I feel like the most efficient way of making everyone happy is to isolate every individual in their own virtual story without them knowing. If that's the case, it would be funny if our existence now is a part of that simulation; an interpretation of the AI's understanding of the human desire to struggle. Adversity is a necessary part in achieving a satisfying story and fantasy for the simulation.

Brutal masochism.
That’s one way to put it. I’m getting really good at surviving constant pain. Destroying in myself everything soyciety brainwashed me to believe was important. I know I’m an incel but I wanna see what’s even below that, after I strip away every ounce of my humanity. Hopefully the world is on fire by that time so I can bathe in its warmth.

religion and parents

Survival instinct

Too much of a pussy to do it right now. But if my life continues to get worse and worse each year I’ll do it.

Fear of Hell and my mother is still alive and needs me and actually would be quite heartbroken were I to off myself.

If neither of the above two factors were at play I would have killed myself a very long time ago.

I have two IRL best friends that would be very sad if I were to off myself as well much like my mother would but I basically never see them and they have families of their own in their lives to make up for my loss ie my normie buddy has a wife and a young son and my giga Chad childhood best friend has two grown sons and though his wife has left him he’s had a girlfriend or more since albeit things ended with the last one he told me about but as a giga Chad he can of course always get more.

So I’m basically unneeded in this world.

Every single girl I’ve ever tried to get with and to love has only ever ran away from me in favor of Chad or “to go find themselves” or “rebuild their life” which is cunt speak for “I want to go get fucked by Chad or simply ride the cock carousel and can’t be bothered with boring uncomplicated disease and drama free monogamy” so it’s all a useless wasting away of an existence my friends.

With any luck no afterlife and no god or gods exist and death whenever or however it ultimately comes will truly (let’s all hope) be the end of our collective needless and totally pointless suffering.

for the slim chance of getting out of my shithole to the west and hopefully rope there

No easy or painless way to do it for me to seriously consider it.
Same reason for me. The only guaranteed ways are very messy. And the clean ones are extremely risky. So I'll just be miserable forever

It isn't in my philosophy.

my latest cope is making money and buying a torso onahole to fuck in peace. I'm unemployed though, one step at a time