Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What year, if ever, did you switch from dial-up Internet to cable/high speed?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
For me, it was 2007. Money was tight between 2003-2006, I guess I should've made the switch some time back then, but even as recently as 2003, dial-up was all I needed.

Post like the FBI is watching.

I remember being excited by the novelty of broadband - specifically being able to go online without rendering the phone out of use - in the early 2000s.

Very specific question tbh:feelswhat:

I remember by dad was too cheap to upgrade from dial-up so I was playing Runescape on dial-up internet in like 2005. Shit hit the fan whenever he had to make a call. We switched later that same year because my mom went back for a masters and needed stable internet

Oh I remember it very clearly, it was on july the 9th, 2006. I was the only one here in Greece that got it at that exact date.

Never had dial up, but we never had internet for a long time either. We finally got DSL in 2007.