Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What was something you were good at but you completely forgot about?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Sometimes hobbies/interests die, as a child I was interested in many things and read about them, but now I know almost nothing about them anymore; sometimes I think about refreshing that knowledge, but I quickly lose motivation. My mind rotted away.

Some of the stuff that I liked as a child and which I forgot as I grew older:
  • mycology
  • dinosaurs/crocodilians
  • osteology (names of important bones especially)
  • minerals/stones/fossils
  • technology like aircraft/submarines/cranes
  • space/astronomy
  • mountains/mining/caves/skiing
It's very frustrating when you see the stuff that you knew a lot about as a child and then you realise how far your mind rotted away due to everything shitty in your life and it's also a constant reminder of one's wasted potential/youth. Nowdays when I go through the woods, I don't recognise the fungi anymore, I know nothing about minerals and the important data about mountains (like height/first ascent/etc.) are also not existing in my mind any longer. I have to look up stuff all the time and I feel like having Alzheimer's, especially have problems with numbers nowadays.

Was anyone also deep into something years ago that he completely forgot over the last few years?

Last edited:
i was decent at drawing when i was younger but then i became lazy.

i was decent at drawing when i was younger but then i became lazy.
Same tbh. Used to draw dinosaurs and figures from Ice Age/A Land Before Time as a child, but gave that up too.

Same tbh. Used to draw dinosaurs and figures from Ice Age/A Land Before Time as a child, but gave that up too.
I took drawing classes in hs. It wasn't too bad considering we were allowed to take school trips exclusive for people with that subject.

I took drawing classes in hs. It wasn't too bad considering we were allowed to take school trips exclusive for people with that subject.
Brutal. Maybe you can get into it again? Motoric skills are most of the time quickly recovered/regained.

Was also considered a gifted child once (due to my parents forcing me to read/write before elementary school and therefore I was a few steps ahead of others), later in life it turned out that I am in many subjects not even mediocre.

I used to have good intuition when I was younger. My brain used to be able to subconsciously process data quickly and recognize patterns, but my brain rotted away I and mostly lost those abilities.

I used to have good intuition when I was younger. My brain used to be able subconsciously process data quickly and recognize patterns, but my brain rotted away I and mostly lost those abilities.
Brutal. Happened to me too to, was years ago mentally far faster than nowadays.

Was never good at anything.

Is it possible for us to regain our mental prowess, or is it lost forever?
With lesser Internet/etc. many report getting better again, it fucks up both motivation and attention span, but getting away from it is easier said than done.

With certain skills it is easy to regain them after a few years of pause, in music for example you use certain fingers very often which leads to the areas in the brain that represent those fingers growing due to plasticity - for example in the somatosensory cortex (S1) where your body parts are represented in a somatotopy (=card for the body parts in the brain).

When you stop playing music instruments the areas shrink down in size again, but they keep the ability for faster growth. So when you start again they grow in size pretty fast again (within a few weeks), so it's easier to regain the capability of playing the instrument.
I might try that :feelsokman:
Hope it. Above could also be interesting for you.
Was never good at anything.
Brutal.

Always find your posts funny, keep up the good work, man. And thanks again for reminding me of Geobacter. Always interesting to see your posts. :feelsokman:

I honestly don’t know

Sometimes hobbies/interests die, as a child I was interested in many things and read about them, but now I know almost nothing about them anymore; sometimes I think about refreshing that knowledge, but I quickly lose motivation. My mind rotted away.

Some of the stuff that I liked as a child and which I forgot as I grew older:
  • mycology
  • dinosaurs/crocodilians
  • osteology (names of important bones especially)
  • minerals/stones/fossils
  • technology like aircraft/submarines/cranes
  • space/astronomy
  • mountains/mining/caves/skiing
It's very frustrating when you see the stuff that you knew a lot about as a child and then you realise how far your mind rotted away due to everything shitty in your life and it's also a constant reminder of one's wasted potential/youth. Nowdays when I go through the woods, I don't recognise the fungi anymore, I know nothing about minerals and the important data about mountains (like height/first ascent/etc.) are also not existing in my mind any longer. I have to look up stuff all the time and I feel like having Alzheimer's, especially have problems with numbers nowadays.

Was anyone also deep into something years ago that he completely forgot over the last few years?
Hmm.

I was deep into some massive cucked cope like Wicca and neopaganism but that was low IQ and retarded as fuck and I didn't even take that shit seriously. It did help me grow as a person though and I still believe in aspects of it and it helped me mature my world view so I guess it was worth it but that foid propaganda religion is so cucked I can't believe I took that shit seriously jfl, praying to some god mother figure foid jfl so cucked ngl ngl ded srs cucked as fuck.

I honestly don’t know
Brutal.
Hmm.

I was deep into some massive cucked cope like Wicca and neopaganism but that was low IQ and retarded as fuck and I didn't even take that shit seriously. It did help me grow as a person though and I still believe in aspects of it and it helped me mature my world view so I guess it was worth it but that foid propaganda religion is so cucked I can't believe I took that shit seriously jfl, praying to some god mother figure foid jfl so cucked ngl ngl ded srs cucked as fuck.
At least you got something out of it in the end.

maths and science tbh

Brutal. What was your favorite subject?
maths and now im emberrasingly bad at it , tbh it also has got to do with the fact that i dont study any more but yeah i feel like ive become dumber

I used to be a really good painter but I haven't done it in years.

I was interested in astrology and psychics, I'm still good at but I lost the motivation to study.
I remember when I was young universe was magical thing to me, I was excited, and then, of course, all went to shit.

I was interested in astrology and psychics, I'm still good at but I lost the motivation to study.
I remember when I was young universe was magical thing to me, I was excited, and then, of course, all went to shit.
Same tbh. The books were looking so good, loved the images.

I didn't even take that shit seriously.

foid propaganda religion is so cucked I can't believe I took that shit seriously jfl,
9596B41B A85D 494A A52C 210177B7F056

How should I know, I forgot

From the ages of about 6-10 I would take apart my old rc cars and turn them into rc planes, they never flew but they did taxi on the ground pretty good tbh. I would use foam and carboard to make the fuselage and wings of the plane and then use the rc car motors as engines, and I would use plastic bottles to make the propellers to make the plane move around on the ground. I eventually grow out of this great hobby that I use to enjoy a lot and started to play video games at around 10.
High iqcel

enjoying life

Nothing. I suck nuts at everything and God gave me no talent when I was born.

I'm a good writer when I actually set my mind to it and try. Other than that, nothin else tbh ngl.

origami, insects, arachnids, dinosaurs, astronomy, history and drawing.
slowly faded away not only due to severe hopelessness but brain damage.

origami, insects, arachnids, dinosaurs, astronomy, history and drawing.
slowly faded away not only due to severe hopelessness but brain damage.
Brutal. F, man.
We had very similiar hobbies btw, also liked arachnids and other invertebrates as well as dinosaurs.

Interesting. Have you uploaded something on the Internet?
Nahh but I used to write on Quora a few years ago and got semi-popular. Popular enough to where the website offered me a partnership. They always promoted some of my material lol. That and I've been told by a lot of people on the internet that I'm an articulate writer with good flow.

I love writing because of my personality disorder (avoidant/schizoid) but at the same time I daydream so much I can't focus for very long. Just wasted potential tbh.

Nahh but I used to write on Quora a few years ago and got semi-popular. Popular enough to where the website offered me a partnership. They always promoted some of my material lol. That and I've been told by a lot of people on the internet that I'm an articulate writer with good flow.

I love writing because of my personality disorder (avoidant/schizoid) but at the same time I daydream so much I can't focus for very long. Just wasted potential tbh.
Brutal tbh. But you are indeed a very articulate user, so it's no wonder that people wanted to feature you.

literally nothing. i never had a hobby and i was never good at anything at all. my brain is worthless.

This thread made me realize I barely had any interests as a kid. I guess my only answer is video games. I used to play video games a shit ton and got quite good at FPS games but I quit and would prob be shit if I tried now. Other than games my only really interest as a kid was music, but I still hold that interest and my previous knowledge of it.

I have way more interests now than when I was a kid. Video games are a cancer which sucks your life away, wastes all your time, and prevents you from having any actual hobbies. Quitting them was the best decision of my life, and I think kids should be banned from playing them.

I was naturally good at spelling and almost went to state spelling bee competition but the ricecels stole my win. Now I struggle to spell some words that I’d have no problem with back in the day.