Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is your sincere, high-effort opinion about anime/manga?

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
I recently went through a list of all anime ever created to remember the ones I've watched and, out of these, the ones I truly liked. I wasn't really surprised, but it was interesting to notice that out of the 38 anime I watched till the end and the 62 I dropped, I only really enjoyed like 4 of them in terms of actual plot. Out of the 10 mangas I've read, I only really enjoyed 2 of them, one of them being just the manga version of an anime I already enjoyed.

I think the selling points of anime/manga are:

1. the aesthetics, which are kickass, since the Japanese are hardcore lookists;

2. the fact there isn't nearly as much SJW shit in them as in western media;

3. the fact they can tackle taboo shit in a way western media wouldn't even dream of, especially pedo/hebe/ephebophilia. In series like the manga Miman Renai, for example, we can see an adult male who is attracted to an underage girl being portrayed as an human being with real feelings, doubts and good and bad sides and not as some one-dimensional, evil mustache-twirling villain like it would have been the case in any western media.

But as for actual plot, with very rare exceptions, most anime and manga seem to be poor and filled to the brim with cliches.

It's kinda gay ngl

Moe is peak of animu

i'm liking this so far

Sexy tiddy technology make touch dicc more enjoyment level

I was really into mainstream shonen anime when I was in high school, I wish I could still get enjoyment from it but I've kinda just lost interest.

Kill all moe fags, besides that anime and manga is pretty great. (Except loli harem isekais, you have to be really low t to enjoy those)

Its for faggots.

I also feel its unfortunate existance and rise in popularity is a mark of success for the Jew's in emasculating white western society.

Weekly release hurts the genre, it would be much better if they just combined the chapters into a single monthly release so quality would be more consistent and pacing would be less shit.

Also I feel like all manga should be colored, not sure why the black and white meme is still a thing when digital coloring is pretty ez

I understand its appeal, but i think the visuals are too childish for me to take it seriously

Anime/manga is basically the only medium where I can find my ideal woman. Besides that, I enjoy it because it's easier for me to relate to, and there is far less suifuel which would otherwise ruin my enjoyment.
But as for actual plot, with very rare exceptions, most anime and manga seem to be poor and filled to the brim with cliches.
While you're right, western media really isn't any better, if anything I'd argue that it's even worse in this regard.

It's just escape fantasies for low value males

Some of it is based & :blackpill: ed tbh ngl. The Japs don't fuck around or hold their punches when saying a message.
It's just escape fantasies for low value males

This too.

I don’t have anything against anime unless it is an anime that overly focuses on females, tits, ass, etc.

I’ve watched many old and new anime movies mostly about historical events which I find very cool.

The thing is I dislike calling myself a weeb ( Well I don’t even watch enough anime to classify as a weeb ) because of it’s idiotic fanbase. I hate them.

Can be bad, can be ok

I dont like to watch anime because the voiceovers are so childlike most of the time and the scenes are so slow and drawn out , at least in the ones i watched which were Manga adaptations .

I only read a handful of manga series tbh
and the one i like the most is one piece , especially when i was a child and had no friends , family didnt care about me and all that , i kinda escaped into that world where there are true and loyal friends who fight for you whatever it may cost .
It was a good cope as a child tbh .
I didnt read past manga nr. 60 tho
cause i just had other interests and i dont know how good the newer Mangas are past 60 .

I think the Drawig Style is way more elaborate than western comics and nice to look at , only sometimes the oversexualisation annoyed me .
Was kind of annoying when every foid in the Manga has double Ds and looks cute as fuck .

I dont want to look at boobs tbh
i want to read a compelling story and watch beautifully drawn manga and not be distracted by weirdly proportioned females .
But thats high level criticism .

i like manga , i dont like anime .
And i also dont like this weird fetishization of " 2D Women " tbh
I can respect people who use it as a cope
but its just not for me .

It's trash. Two nukes just weren't enough.

it's good when u start. but they spam the same fucking tropes 1000 times plus and most MCs are cuckold subhukans. I only read manga for maybe 15 minutes now. I tried going back to anime but just the intro was too much rage fuel and I stopped for the sake of my monk maxing sanity

I also feel its unfortunate existance and rise in popularity is a mark of success for the Jew's in emasculating white western society.
67ADDBD9 AF74 4F6E 8ACE C6865B281D93

I have said before why I cannot enjoy it, because it portrays an idealistic world that can never exist.

Hentai is good though, but everything else I don't like.

I have said before why I cannot enjoy it, because it portrays an idealistic world that can never exist.

So would you say thats why it has such a vast appeal to the Gen Y and Gen Z crowd of millenials?

I've always wondered what exactly the lasting appeal of it was to it's fans and could never seem to get one solid overarching answer.

I'm indifferent and I couldn't care less about it. Like most things in life lately ngl...

So would you say thats why it has such a vast appeal to the Gen Y and Gen Z crowd of millenials?

I've always wondered what exactly the lasting appeal of it was to it's fans and could never seem to get one solid overarching answer.
Possibly, they use it to cope, they have grown up playing video games, so have been living vicariously through people/characters from a very young age, anime also allow you to do this.

A lot of protagonists/main characters in anime are bland and boring to allow for self insertion, it is also why I can only really enjoy ugly bastard hentai, because I can't self insert as some tall anime chad with a harem or a man who can kill someone by just writing their name, because I know it can never happen, but to bluepillers (Like millennials and naive teen zoomers) something like that is possible in their bluepill view of the world so they are able to self insert and cope.

The makers of anime and manga also know this, In fact a lot of the creators themselves are also coping with it, this I believe is why it also appeals to so many incels because it is made by other incels for incels, a normie would never spend thousands and thousands of hours practising drawing studying anatomy etc The amount of practice and drawing it takes to get to the level of japanese manga artist is absolutely brutal, no normie would put themselves through it because they have no need to. But for lonely man desperate for just a little affection being able to draw his own stories and self insert may be the only thing he has, I have found quite a few ugly bastard mangas actually emotionally moving, when the foid in the story looks at the ugly bastard and smiles and says "I love you" or something like that I can feel the pain of artist through the work and actually relate to it massively (all of those hours of practice to be able to draw a foid saying what you will never actually experience in real life), but can I relate to some tall chad who is slaying foids? No of course not, vanilla hentai actually makes me feel nauseous and angry tbh. Almost no manga artists are female, because why would you need to draw someone who loves you when they can just get chad with the swipe of a finger and an army of orbiters at their whim profess their love at every available moment.

Last edited: