Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is your favorite historical time period + war?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19971
  • Start date
Deleted member 19971

Deleted member 19971

Pray for the souls of the Linux atheists
-
Mine has to be the Late Modern Era from the mid-1800s to 1945 ( With the introduction of Bolt Action rifles ), although I jump from era to era a lot.
That is not to say I only focus on this period for I also find Middle Eastern empires interesting from the Renaissance Era ( ~1300s - 1600s ).

:feelsohh: :feelsohh: :feelsohh:

The most interesting war for me is the Second Sino-Japanese War, especially from the Japanese perspective. ( WW1 came close but it's in second place on my list )
The Japanese did well in China and even managed a huge operational victory in 1945 with Operation Ichi Go while they were being destroyed in the Pacific !
I like the overall equipment used by the Japanese in China and the complete superiority they had.

Attack on Pearl Harbor is best

Idk, 1950's to 1990's i would say. For wars it would either be the Vietnam or Soviet-Afghan War. Or perhaps even World War 2.

Those wars are interesting too and great from an aesthetic viewpoint.

Biggest mistake Japan ever made, they weren't ready for war with such an industrial giant such as the US.
But still pleasant, at that moment

This is honestly a great question, but I'm gonna need to think about it.

You mean specifically which war, or any time period?

Probably Peter I, Ivan IV, Stalin, or Alexander Nevsky period.

Not really sure about war, tbh. Too many good ones, a lot of asses kicked. Anything with Turkey or Israel is good though. Free Constantinople, tbh.

Last edited:
Sengoku period in Japan, because video games trained me to like it when I was young.

Hard to say.
I think my answer is kinda basic. WW1 and WW2 simply because these were one of the first wars with footage/videos taken from.
I recently got into the Cold War area. The rise and fall of Communism in Europe and Asia is also very interesting in my opinion.

I never really bothered with ancient or pre-Jesus times (but I should take a look into it).

Another interesting topic is the discovery of the new world.

Old west is the best time period imo. No laws, cheap prostitutes, warm weather, drinking alcohol everyday.

I think that WW1 is the most interesting war by far.
My favorite historical time period would most likely be Classical antiquity.
More specifically, Rome and its transition from a republic to an early empire.

But still pleasant, at that moment
I cannot agree more, 1942 was a great year.

Sengoku period in Japan, because video games trained me to like it when I was young.
I don't know much about pre Tokugawa Shogunate Japan.

why you always ask for a specification ?
I'm a specific person, I focus on details.

More specifically Rome and its transition from a republic to an early empire.
All hail Augustus.

Lol very recent, it doesn't count as history though.
Most Historians consider events from ~20 years ago or later to be considered as Historical.

crusades i guess, i like knights
Aren't you a Muslim ?

You mean specifically which war, or any time period?
Any time period and any war.

Another interesting topic is the discovery of the new world.
I also find this interesting, I read a book about the fall of the Incas and the conquistadors were some smart bastards.

Old west is the best time period imo. No laws, cheap prostitutes, warm weather, drinking alcohol everyday.
Yeehaw.

Free Constantinople, tbh.
I hate how Turkey renamed it to Istanbul, they should've kept the name like the Ottomans.
Modern Turks are annoying, the Ottomans mog them.

Historical time period: First half of the 20th century

Favourite war: Napoleonic Wars

Have you seen HBO's Rome ?
First season revolves around Caesar and ends with his death while the second season follows the rise of Augustus.

you're not a ping pong playing ching chong, yet you like weebs war
True.
Would you convert to Roman Catholicism ?
Favourite war: Napoleonic Wars
Interesting but we're complete opposites, I have 0 interest in the 1700s and very early 1800s.
Not to mention the wretched French Revolution happened in that century.

Interesting but we're complete opposites, I have 0 interest in the 1700s and very early 1800s.
French Revolution is very interesting to me ngl

French Revolution is very interesting to me ngl
I dislike their liberal ideas since modern degenerate progressive liberalism has roots in the French Revolution.

Have you seen HBO's Rome ?
First season revolves around Caesar and ends with his death while the second season follows the rise of Augustus.
No, I haven't watched much European history documentaries since I slaved my ass off in AP Euro.
Although, I will check it out later.

if south Europe and north Africa are a united Mediterranean empire like the roman one, im okay with living with the boys lovers, but they will not rule, just be an official religion

i will not convert tho, i don't like little boys
The Med Empire will have only one official religion that will rule above all, the blackpill.
No, I haven't watched much European history documentaries since I slaved my ass off in AP Euro.
Although I'll check it out.
It's not a documentary, more a dramatized historical show.
It's just interesting, not to be taken as a history documentary.

tbh

I like the interwar period especially in central asia, acw and early italian wars. But it's hard to pick favourites and I prolly forgot a lot.

Vietnam and WW 1 are quite cool and you obviously don't get around ww2 tbh.

Kongo freestate is interesting too but is that really a war?

Agreed to ottomans.

Hussite wars are quite cool too, thirty years war.

Medieval and ancient indua is underrated

I love warring kingdoms and song dynasty.

:feelsUnreal:

would we tax ships and planes that pass by the sea ?
Even better, we will shoot them down and scuttle them.
JK.

Kongo freestate is interesting too but is that really a war?
I remember being interested about the History of the Congo in the 60s during the Katanga Secession due to the mercenaries that were there.
Very interesting stories.

Das raysis.
Want to know something funny ?
The Portuguese transported approximately 6 million slaves from Africa to the Americas.
Remember the 6 gorillion bhai.

Any time period and any war.

So you want my favorite time period, and if it doesn't involve a war (or a war that I like), you want my favorite war?

I dislike their liberal ideas since modern degenerate progressive liberalism has roots in the French Revolution.
What draws my attention to that period is the bloodbath, the war in the vendée and the anti-clericalism

Im interested about the Cristero War for similar reasons.

French, American, and Russian revolutions. Not necessarily the wars themselves, but the ideals of removing power from the upper/ruling class. Unfortunately it all went to shit anyways.

So you want my favorite time period, and if it doesn't involve a war (or a war that I like), you want my favorite war?
I want both.
Example : I like the Middle Ages and my favorite war is the 80 years war.
Your favorite time period doesn't NEED to be in the corresponding time period of your favorite war and vice versa.

Im interested about the Cristero War for similar reasons.
I heard about that.. Happened in Mexico right ?

i don't know how to call it in english but, have you head of something called "jawari" before ?
No, what's that ?

French, American, and Russian revolutions. Not necessarily the wars themselves, but the ideals of removing power from the upper/ruling class. Unfortunately it all went to shit anyways.
The American Revolution had nothing to do with the removal of upper/ruling class, the exact opposite actually.
A bunch of poor Dixie farmboys fighting for the rich slave owners and a bunch of niggers and poor factory workers fighting for the rich Yankee Government.
It was more of a national struggle.

WWI and the pre-war period by a long long mile. I got goosebumps reading about those events. The first stages of the war are so fucking epic and dramatic. Lots of actions, lots of mistakes on both sides. Germany is so stronk and OP, puny "Great" Brittain is locked into its swath of land.

Last edited:
Fall of Constantinople

I want both.
Example : I like the Middle Ages and my favorite war is the 80 years war.
Your favorite time period doesn't NEED to be in the corresponding time period of your favorite war and vice versa.

Favorite time period: 1940s, some Tex-Mex border town. Mariachi on one of those big radios that people kept in their living rooms. But it's propped up on my outside windowsill as I work on my car.

Favorite war: 1960s Cold War. Does that count or do you mean an actual war?

The stone age is pretty nifty

1940s, some Tex-Mex border town. Mariachi on one of those big radios that people kept in their living rooms. But it's propped up on my outside windowsill as I work on my car.
Sounds nice.

Favorite war: 1960s Cold War. Does that count or do you mean an actual war?
It's good.
I was also interested in the Cold War for quite some time, especially the Vietnam and Korean War.

The stone age is pretty nifty
Is the man in your AVI in his own little stone age ?
female slaves, but you don't treat them like shit, most men bought them to do the chores around the house, and most of them end up marrying them

even some ottoman emperor married some
Sounds like the Christian slaves the Ottomans would take from Christian families if they didn't pay all their taxes.
Convert slaves in the Ottoman Empire were treated much better than negros in the Americas, as a slave in the household of an Ottoman family with good ties you could even rise and become an important figure !

Last edited:
The American Revolution had nothing to do with the removal of upper/ruling class, the exact opposite actually.
A bunch of poor Dixie farmboys fighting for the rich slave owners and a bunch of niggers and poor factory workers fighting for the rich Yankee Government.
It was more of a national struggle.
That's true for almost every revolutionary war though, its usually just removal of one ruling class in favor of another type or kind of ruling class. In the end the peasants are always disposable.

The Bourbaki era.

The rise of the great Grothendieck along with the understandings of Category Theory and it's implications on Algebraic Geometry. His works on EGA, SGA, FGA is still unparalleled.

The collaborations between Soviets and French. The works of Vladimir Arnold, Israïl Moiseevich Gelfand, Andre Weil, Jean Sierre.
How can you not love that period?

2050-2100

Incel Uprising

The Bourbaki era.

The rise of the great Grothendieck along with the understandings of Category Theory and it's implications on Algebraic Geometry. His works on EGA, SGA, FGA is still unparalleled.

The collaborations between Soviets and French. The works of Vladimir Arnold, Israïl Moiseevich Gelfand, Andre Weil, Jean Sierre.
How can you not love that period?

History of Maths. :feelspuke:
Sorry OP but I've lost all respect for you..
Joke, mogs me at being interested in that.

2050-2100

Incel Uprising
That's the future, soon enough !

depends on the continent. the reformation to the treaty of westphalia was like the Dragon Ball Z of european history with epic shit going on all the time. wallenstein was my favorite Z fighter ngl

for the US everything from the war of 1812 to 1865 is really interesting

depends on the continent. the reformation to the thirty years war was like the Dragon Ball Z of european history. wallenstein was my favorite Z fighter ngl
Goddamn disgusting Protestants.

American Civil War or maybe World War II