Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion what is your definition of a meaningful friendship & what criteria / events need to be fulfiled in order for such a relationship to develop?

B

bbwqs_v

Recruit
★★★★★
what is a meaningful friendship to you? what does it consist of? how does it develop? i would like to know.
Aristotle separated friendship into 3 categories:
1. pleasure - friends who party together, enjoy a sport together, play video games together, indulge in drugs/alcohol/degeneracy, the uniting factor is that both members derive pleasure from a shared activity
2. utility - friends who mutually benefit from each other, a purely transactional relationship, ie friends who work on assignments together, or friends who increase each other's social network. (you can basically argue any social interaction to be a transactional one)
3. virtue - friends who are friends because they both perceive the other member to be virtuous & of high morality, ie someone who has strong integrity, honesty, or any other virtuous trait you can think of.

so then, what constitutes a meaningful friendship? i've asked a few people today, they mentioned someone you can rely on, to talk to about anything, someone who you can interact with authentically, so there's no need for social niceties, and someone who's similar to them. when i asked how they would go about acquiring such a friendship, they all said that they're just hoping it happens organically, so instead of pursuing it actively, they're just betting that they will find someone who becomes their close friend by chance of luck.

i think there are several important aspects that increase the likelihood of being able to develop a meaningful friendship with someone.
1. having a similar socioeconomic status - most people who come from a poorer background will hold an inherent animosity towards the richer & more privileged, it soon becomes clear how different the lifestyles of both members are, in the food they eat, clothes they wear, area they live in, spending habits, etc. it's similar to how lots of incels feel hatred towards attractive people for being born with better genetics. it's no one's fault, it's just emergent societal norms & biases that are so ingrained in our biology that dictates why we act the way we do. the only exception for this rule is when both members acknowledge the socioeconomic gap and talk about it, to be aware of their differences and hold beliefs/values in life that make it so that this factor doesn't affect their friendship (their friendship is built upon something greater & more important).

2. i think the point above extends to having a similar ethnicity, languages spoken, educational background, life experiences, age range, types of media consumption, political beliefs, sense of humour, attraction, gender, and many more

all these factors improve relatability, which i think is at the core of what allows a meaningful friendship to be built upon.

3. another important thing i think is as time passes, beliefs & values will change, so being able to understand each other but still disagree is important, as many friendships slowly drift apart once that familiar relatability is gone.

4. i also think exposure time / time spent together in proximity is also important, there are more opportunities for social interactions that can increase the likelihood of bonding. this is just like how romantic routes are chosen in visual novels when the player has to select which choice he will make that also determines the amount of time spent with any of the potential love interests.

5. lastly, i think having a shared greater purpose can also play a role, i have made 2 friends from incel spaces, friendships based solely on our inceldom, and there is an idea of this greater purpose, of wanting to do something for the community, to add value in this online sphere, to help other men who were like us before we became blackpilled, i think that sort of thing contributes to a meaningful friendship. maybe it's like how religious people bond over their shared greater purpose of god, or how people who want to create change or make a notable impact in a field can bond over that desire and passion for the field/discipline/community

i think all these factors help increase the likelihood for a meaningful friendship to develop, but at its fundamental core, if you had to select only the necessary factors, what would they be?

Last edited:
what is a meaningful friendship to you? what does it consist of? how does it develop? i would like to know.

Similar intellect and ideology.

Re: my friend got friendzoned my his crush
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150449001Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:49 AM CST
Your friend will likely benefit from traversing the extensive spectrum of "Academic" knowledge rather than attempting to focus excessively on insignificant matters.
Re: OT what do I do
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150850104Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:51 PM CST
Let this sequence of unfortunate events act as a valuable lesson, It's not worth humiliating a friend of yours just to appease another individual. Accept the fact that contributed to the problem and simply apologize to the person that you "betrayed".

Similar intellect and ideology.

Re: my friend got friendzoned my his crush
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150449001Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:49 AM CST
Your friend will likely benefit from traversing the extensive spectrum of "Academic" knowledge rather than attempting to focus excessively on insignificant matters.
Re: OT what do I do
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150850104Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:51 PM CST
Let this sequence of unfortunate events act as a valuable lesson, It's not worth humiliating a friend of yours just to appease another individual. Accept the fact that contributed to the problem and simply apologize to the person that you "betrayed".
i see, i would agree and think that those 2 are very important elements. both members of a meaningful friendship would need to be able to stimulate the other member intellectually.

is that your roblox account?

IMHO a meaningful friendship necessitates a high degree of kinship, esp. when it comes to facets of life both parties find important. I also believe this to be virtually impossible if one is sufficiently off-kilter, however.

You also mentioned tolerance and propinquity. Agreeing on all fronts is infeasible, so tolerance is key as well. I believe propinquity often fosters tolerance and can cause people to grow toward each other -- in fact, I think most friendships blossom forth from propinquity. Here I construe propinquity quite broadly -- e.g., copiously engaging with someone on an online forum can also foster a kind a propinquity.

Aristotle separated friendship into 3 categories:
1. pleasure - friends who party together, enjoy a sport together, play video games together, indulge in drugs/alcohol/degeneracy, the uniting factor is that both members derive pleasure from a shared activity
2. utility - friends who mutually benefit from each other, a purely transactional relationship, ie friends who work on assignments together, or friends who increase each other's social network. (you can basically argue any social interaction to be a transactional one)
3. virtue - friends who are friends because they both perceive the other member to be virtuous & of high morality, ie someone who has strong integrity, honesty, or any other virtuous trait you can think of.

so then, what constitutes a meaningful friendship? i've asked a few people today, they mentioned someone you can rely on, to talk to about anything, someone who you can interact with authentically, so there's no need for social niceties, and someone who's similar to them. when i asked how they would go about acquiring such a friendship, they all said that they're just hoping it happens organically, so instead of pursuing it actively, they're just betting that they will find someone who becomes their close friend by chance of luck.

i think there are several important aspects that increase the likelihood of being able to develop a meaningful friendship with someone.
1. having a similar socioeconomic status - most people who come from a poorer background will hold an inherent animosity towards the richer & more privileged, it soon becomes clear how different the lifestyles of both members are, in the food they eat, clothes they wear, area they live in, spending habits, etc. it's similar to how lots of incels feel hatred towards attractive people for being born with better genetics. it's no one's fault, it's just emergent societal norms & biases that are so ingrained in our biology that dictates why we act the way we do. the only exception for this rule is when both members acknowledge the socioeconomic gap and talk about it, to be aware of their differences and hold beliefs/values in life that make it so that this factor doesn't affect their friendship (their friendship is built upon something greater & more important).

2. i think the point above extends to having a similar ethnicity, languages spoken, educational background, life experiences, age range, types of media consumption, political beliefs, sense of humour, attraction, gender, and many more

all these factors improve relatability, which i think is at the core of what allows a meaningful friendship to be built upon.

3. another important thing i think is as time passes, beliefs & values will change, so being able to understand each other but still disagree is important, as many friendships slowly drift apart once that familiar relatability is gone.

4. i also think exposure time / time spent together in proximity is also important, there are more opportunities for social interactions that can increase the likelihood of bonding. this is just like how romantic routes are chosen in visual novels when the player has to select which choice he will make that also determines the amount of time spent with any of the potential love interests.

5. lastly, i think having a shared greater purpose can also play a role, i have made 2 friends from incel spaces, friendships based solely on our inceldom, and there is an idea of this greater purpose, of wanting to do something for the community, to add value in this online sphere, to help other men who were like us before we became blackpilled, i think that sort of thing contributes to a meaningful friendship. maybe it's like how religious people bond over their shared greater purpose of god, or how people who want to create change or make a notable impact in a field can bond over that desire and passion for the field/discipline/community

i think all these factors help increase the likelihood for a meaningful friendship to develop, but at its fundamental core, if you had to select only the necessary factors, what would they be?
It’s over, I have no friends
:feelsrope:

It’s over, I have no friends
:feelsrope:
i plan to mentalmaxx and make friends with my plush toys in the future when agepill hits, i think it can last for a good while until i realise it's a delusional cope or maybe it will be very fun, i already kinda do it now anyway

IMHO a meaningful friendship necessitates a high degree of kinship, esp. when it comes to facets of life both parties find important. I also believe this to be virtually impossible if one is sufficiently off-kilter, however.

You also mentioned tolerance and propinquity. Agreeing on all fronts is infeasible, so tolerance is key as well. I believe propinquity often fosters tolerance and can cause people to grow toward each other -- in fact, I think most friendships blossom forth from propinquity. Here I construe propinquity quite broadly -- e.g., copiously engaging with someone on an online forum can also foster a kind a propinquity.
thank u for ur input

I see friends and friendships as a cope.
I have none and genuinely don't care.
Sometimes i stop and think:
"alright wait, maybe... maybe... I AM the one coping here and social interactions are important for a proper self devepment! I should... interface another human. Should i? Let's... try...".

procedes to be deluded by normies and bluepilled society. Also, seems impossible to find a true blackpilled like me outside each shack to argue about our corrispective passions like nihilism, brutality against foids and cucks and plan, simple, violence against god-copers.

"ok maybe i wasn't wrong. Maybe i'll try in another 10 years or more"

If their company accelerates my personal growth, otherwise it's waste of my time.

u were featured in the ccdh report as a power user XDDDD it's like they gave u an internet award:feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber::feelsLightsaber:
Almost no one has ever heard of them before. They are nobodies, and hence being featured on it makes me a nobody. All they recognize is that I rot here all day, and know it’s over for me.

i plan to mentalmaxx and make friends with my plush toys in the future when agepill hits, i think it can last for a good while until i realise it's a delusional cope or maybe it will be very fun, i already kinda do it now anyway
I’ve given up all hopes and copes about this. It is inconceivably and irrefutably over.

season crying GIF