Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is your comfort game?

Celsior

Celsior

Greycel
★★★★★
For me, it’s probably just Skyrim, if I’m being honest. It’s an objectively flawed game. I’ve played it to death with probably +1k hours across all platforms, and mechanically, I prefer Oblivion, but even to this day, I still find Skyrim a more rewarding and pleasurable experience, more than any other western RPG at least.

I don’t even really play it in the regular sense anymore, I just boot it up for about an hour, and let myself wander off. It was relaxing to me 10 years ago, and it still is to this day.

When I was a child Bully provided me with a lot of comfort.

Minecraft :feelscomfy:
I still can’t get myself to like sandboxes. Minecraft was okay when I a kid, but then I grew up. What’s funny is, I’m sure once I hit 40s, or 50s, I’ll circle back to liking the game again. It’s usually in your prime (20s/30s) that you drift away from these things.

When I was a child Bully provided me with a lot of comfort.
Bully was a truly great game, but the mission design is absolutely awful. We couldn’t tell when we were kids, but it’s really apparent now.

Terraria is my go-to. It's one of the two half decent sandbox games and Minecraft pisses me off too much without keep inventory

Bully was a truly great game, but the mission design is absolutely awful. We couldn’t tell when we were kids, but it’s really apparent now.
Most of the mission's are pretty much the same thing. The soundtrack makes up for it though.
I remember always fighting the prefects & the adults in the girl's dorm the most.

Fallout NW and Dear Esther.

Fallout NW
:feelscomfy:

Dear Esther.
Very interesting. I do happen to replay walking simulators from time to time as well (namely Soma and Observation) despite not being a huge fan of the genre, so I was wondering what makes Dear Esther particularly replayable in your book?

For me, it’s the sci-if that sells them. Probably two of the most soulful eci-fi experiences. Very rich and dense.

Soma is also legitimately one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I only came to realize that on my third playthrough.

Most of the mission's are pretty much the same thing. The soundtrack makes up for it though.
The soundtrack was a great part of the game, I do agree. The blue-ish hollow tone of the game (the original PS2 vision anyway, not the shitty scholarship edition) was also very well done.

I remember always fighting the prefects & the adults in the girl's dorm the most.
It got boring too quickly, tbh. Especially since the repercussions for getting caught weren’t that grave + you could always reload, so there’s barely any tension.

Prison Architect is mine, first indie game i remember buying many years ago but eventually Paradox took over and ruined it

The soundtrack was a great part of the game, I do agree. The blue-ish hollow tone of the game (the original PS2 vision anyway, not the shitty scholarship edition) was also very well done.
The scholarship editions graphic's look like shit excluding the Wii version, The only good thing about the scholarship edition are the extra classes.

The scholarship editions graphic's look like shit excluding the Wii version, The only good thing about the scholarship edition are the extra classes.
High IQ for bringing up the Wii version. Only supreme spergs such as ourselves are aware of that. :feelsthink:

It’s objectively the best way to experience the game, if you’re willing to put up with motion controls.

It’s got a semi-multiplayer kind of mini game which is absent in every other version (and that includes the mobile port too, I believe).

It has all the cut content/missions that were added in the scholarship edition of the game, and it still managed to preserve the original atmosphere/vibe and character designs of the PS2 version.

it was the most bug free version, and best of all, there were no audio glitches.

Very interesting. I do happen to replay walking simulators from time to time as well (namely Soma and Observation) despite not being a huge fan of the genre, so I was wondering what makes Dear Esther particularly replayable in your book?
The game is straightforward but when you start it again it will have a different narration. Also depending on where you look you can see ghosts and discover easter eggs. The whole experience of walking through abandoned Scottish island is almost contemplative and meditative.

High IQ for bringing up the Wii version. Only supreme spergs such as ourselves are aware of that. :feelsthink:

It’s objectively the best way to experience the game, if you’re willing to put up with motion controls.

It’s got a semi-multiplayer kind of mini game which is absent in every other version (and that includes the mobile port too, I believe).

It has all the cut content/missions that were added in the scholarship edition of the game, and it still managed to preserve the original atmosphere/vibe and character designs of the PS2 version.

it was the most bug free version, and best of all, there were no audio glitches.
I played the Wii version as a child but not as much as the ps2 version.

The whole experience of walking through abandoned Scottish island is almost contemplative and meditative.
I get what you mean. I have the same sensation when replaying Shadow of the Colossus. Something about desolated/deserted buildings and landscapes is incredibly comfy.

I get what you mean. I have the same sensation when replaying Shadow of the Colossus. Something about desolated/deserted buildings and landscapes is incredibly comfy.
Plus the narrator is deliberately confusing you so you may think that you are three persons at the same time.

Diablo 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4

Gta 5 just going ER and driving around

Fallout 4
I am having a really hard time resisting the urge to Falloutshame you like how every time someone mentions their favorite Fallout on the internet and it’s not New Vegas, but good on you, brocel. :feelsokman:

STALKER call of Pripyat. The map and ambience just feels super nostalgic; plus I love the underground mission.

Soyrim, Trash Bandicunt, Supre Mayro 3D world, Donkey Cuck Country, Soyro

Holy based

It’s honestly lifefuel to see just how based incels are, every time.

@Regenerator imagine if I’d posted this on plebbit. :feelskek:

They would’ve probably said Spider-Man 2 and The Last of Us 2.

It’s honestly lifefuel to see just how based incels are, every time.

@Regenerator imagine if I’d posted this on plebbit. :feelskek:

They would’ve probably said Spider-Man 2 and The Last of Us 2.
Reddit soy answers:

> Red Dead Redemption 2's open world. Just riding around, hunting, fishing, going to bars, gambling, camping, dining, talking to strangers, etc. I wish more open world games would have more and flushed out activities and things to do outside of scripted story/side missions. I could play rdr 2 without doing any missions for hours.

> Witcher 3, especially blood and wine. Just stroll around, kill some monsters and relax a bit with the probably most beautiful atmospheric background music ever ( to me at last )

> Minecraft

> Hunt Showdown, oddly enough. It demands all your attention and focus, so there's no room in my head to stress about anything. It's not really a calming game, but it's familiar, fun and really engaging.

>
Warframe.

Shooting stuff and jumping around is satisfying, the game is decently easy, the community is the nicest I've seen in a multiplayer game.

It's the one true comfort game for me.

For me, it’s probably just Skyrim, if I’m being honest. It’s an objectively flawed game. I’ve played it to death with probably +1k hours across all platforms, and mechanically, I prefer Oblivion, but even to this day, I still find Skyrim a more rewarding and pleasurable experience, more than any other western RPG at least.

I don’t even really play it in the regular sense anymore, I just boot it up for about an hour, and let myself wander off. It was relaxing to me 10 years ago, and it still is to this day.
Fallout NV and 4, or Far Cry 5, even with all their flaws, i still find comfort in these games, and have lots of sentimental value for these

I wish they made the fighting more tough

Specifically with more powerful students

Castlevania 1. Short but fun game with a banger soundtrack. I play it from time to time when I'm bored.

I am having a really hard time resisting the urge to Falloutshame you like how every time someone mentions their favorite Fallout on the internet and it’s not New Vegas, but good on you, brocel. :feelsokman:
I have 1700+ hours, just in fallout 4. I don't play vanilla fallout but the moded fallout. That's a big difference.

Left 4 dead versus. At any moment i can grief and ruin their game, so if they’re assholes it feels great

none I just play what games i have downloaded on my labtop

binding of isaac repentance rn

I dont really know if I have one, I just pick what I feel like playing.

postal 2, you can walk around and piss on people, if that's not comfort then I don't know what is

Stardew Valley

When OOT was new and had just come out I would just ride around on Epona for hours after finishing the game enjoying the experience, listening to the great Hyrule field music and imagining the epic sequels to come which to this day have never materialized because that cock sucking hack no talent piece of shit Eiji Aounuma has completely ruined the series with his shitty puzzle based gameplay and faggoty cartoon graphics started with that awful Wind Waker piece of shit everyone hated upon it’s unveiling only for the dishonest games journos and forum scum to work hard to rewrite history all these years and pretend like everyone loved it.

Star Wars KOTOR (2 was shit except for Darth Kreia/Traya who was a truly great Star Wars character better than any the Disney woke bullshit company has ever written that’s for sure).

Fallout 3 (hated all of the other ones especially that New Vegas piece of dogshit).

Skyrim is a great relaxation cope as well but Oblivion had a far better story, better guilds, more beautiful scenery and far better music. I don’t blame Jeremy Soule for that or even the devs as Skyrim being essentially a winter world of ice and death or icey death basically probably called for an understated soundtrack and quite naturally by the nature of the world being frozen it’s not going to be all that colorful or beautiful to look at but moreso bleak and depressing as well sleepy and occasionally cozy.

Last edited: