Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What is love and does it exist?

• Thread starter Divergent_Integral
  • Start date
Divergent_Integral

Divergent_Integral

Spastic ricecel, heightmogged by 99.74% of men
★★★★
As a bit of my spillover from my other thread, I would like to lay before this forum the questions (1) what love is, and (2) whether it exists?

For me, love is a many-sided concept best described by the four Greek words for it:

1. Eros, i.e., love based on physical attraction.
2. Philia, i.e., the selfless kind of affection that one feels towards good friends, or: wanting the best for someone else.
3. Storge, i.e., a nurturing and visceral love that one feels towards next of kin (especially one's offspring).
4. Agape, i.e., universal love towards all mankind, the Mother Theresa variety of love.

Romantic love, in my view, is mainly comprised of Eros and Philia, with small admixtures of the other two; the latter based on the precise details of the relationship. In an ideal kind of romantic relationship, again: in my view, Eros would initially dominate Philia (i.e., infatuation); while the latter would gradually and organically grow more important as the relationship matures.

My theory is that Philia cannot arise in a romantic relationship if there's not (a) a big initial surge of Eros and (b) subsequently a calmer yet still steady flow of Eros underlying the growth of Philia. This would make love as I understand it all but impossible for anyone to attain except for Chad and Stacy.

In my opinion

Love = Lust + Friendship

In my view men are the romantic gender, they are the only ones capable of loving someone else... Foids are only loyal to themselves (and their children but that is not romantic "love").

I think that the love is just an illusion. At least women's love. They do not love the man but just his body and his look. :forcedsmile:

For me it doesn’t exist, all I want from foids is free sex
Why is sex being free important to you? (Serious question.)

1. Eros, i.e., love based on physical attraction.
As someone who's only ever been infatuated with overweight women I didn't necessarily find sexually attractive, I feel like there's multiple distinctions here.

As someone who's only ever been infatuated with overweight women I didn't necessarily find sexually attractive, I feel like there's multiple distinctions here.
Interesting. Could you elaborate a bit? What was the infatuation based on, if not their looks/bodies?

Love is wanting to be with someone, and accepting them for who they are unconditionally.

Interesting. Could you elaborate a bit? What was the infatuation based on, if not their looks/bodies?
It was based on looks, but not in a strictly sexual context. I was mainly attracted to their face and the fact they were also objectively below average looking like me. But I never once thought that they were sexy and I wanted to fuck them or masturbate to them. I'm sexually attracted to slim petite women, not overweight women. So I definitely think there's different forms of physical attraction.

It was based on looks, but not in a strictly sexual context. I was mainly attracted to their face and the fact they were also objectively below average looking like me. But I never once thought that they were sexy and I wanted to fuck them or masturbate to them. I'm sexually attracted to slim petite women, not overweight women. So I definitely think there's different forms of physical attraction.
it definitely feels like there's something else at play, some epigenetic determination or some shit, that makes you attracted to someone that is not very sexually attractive, in a sexually attractive way. kinda like not every guy is just chasing for the hottest super model around. women have that for finding betabuxxers (but they have to be at least acceptable looking), men have that for women they want to actually have a ltr with.

Love = attraction
Love at first sight = attraction at first sight

it definitely feels like there's something else at play, some epigenetic determination or some shit, that makes you attracted to someone that is not very sexually attractive, in a sexually attractive way. kinda like not every guy is just chasing for the hottest super model around. women have that for finding betabuxxers (but they have to be at least acceptable looking), men have that for women they want to actually have a ltr with.
I think there's an inbuilt mechanism that prevents men from going for women out of their league and makes these (ugly) women more attractive to them so they have a chance to reproduce if that makes sense.

Yeah, I'd feel very insecure if I were in a relationship with Stacy. Strange perhaps, but additionally I find some women so pretty that it puts me off. I'd be happiest, I think, with some right-in-the-middle Becky. But alas, Becky doesn't want me, so the point is moot anyway.

I think there's an inbuilt mechanism that prevents men from going for women out of their league and makes these (ugly) women more attractive to them so they have a chance to reproduce if that makes sense.
Yeah, I'd feel very insecure if I were in a relationship with Stacy. Strange perhaps, but additionally I find some women so pretty that it puts me off. I'd be happiest, I think, with some right-in-the-middle Becky. But alas, Becky doesn't want me, so the point is moot anyway.
probably back in the cavemen days these super out-of-your-league women likely already had a partner, so you'd only go for her if you knew you could beat her boyfriend to death.

"Love" is the side effect of our desire to mate

Love is when the other person satisfies the other person's needs and you feel a sense of obligation andoyalty towards this other person. Foids in the west are usually not capable of the eros thing you described esp since they fuck around since they are 11 and are not capable to pairbond anymore except if you are a about as good looking as the best looking encounter she had in the past.

What you can get from foids nowadays as an incel is one sided love because she satisfies your sexual needs but you don't satisfy hers. In the past women also had lot of sex (but also not with gigachads only like they do now)but they were punished and orcastrized for it and it was not so easy to get divorcedaped and they usually also had little money and we're dependant on the man. Therefore they mostly loved you because you could satisfy their material needs. But nowadays women earn as much or even more than men, certainly they don't depend on a man's income anymore.therefore the only way you can give a FOID what she does not already have is satisfying here eros needs (which was not the norm since people became civilized), if you are extremely rich even you can't compensate anymore because a foid could easily divorce drape you if you marry her, but if you don't marry she might love you as in she makes sacrifices and does things she normally wouldn't do in order not to lose her privileges. But even that is getting more difficult because of metoo movements and random accusations she does not even have to be married to you to ruin your life. All in all of you are really ugly you won't find "love" in the west usually, there is simply no way unless you are so rich and powerful that you could make your own laws or bring the foid in a position where she depends on you but also cannot exploit you because you have something against her in your hands like I don't know nudes,videos,personal details etc.

Love is when the other person satisfies the other person's needs and you feel a sense of obligation andoyalty towards this other person. Foids in the west are usually not capable of the eros thing you described esp since they fuck around since they are 11 and are not capable to pairbond anymore except if you are a about as good looking as the best looking encounter she had in the past.

What you can get from foids nowadays as an incel is one sided love because she satisfies your sexual needs but you don't satisfy hers. In the past women also had lot of sex (but also not with gigachads only like they do now)but they were punished and orcastrized for it and it was not so easy to get divorcedaped and they usually also had little money and we're dependant on the man. Therefore they mostly loved you because you could satisfy their material needs. But nowadays women earn as much or even more than men, certainly they don't depend on a man's income anymore.therefore the only way you can give a FOID what she does not already have is satisfying here eros needs (which was not the norm since people became civilized), if you are extremely rich even you can't compensate anymore because a foid could easily divorce drape you if you marry her, but if you don't marry she might love you as in she makes sacrifices and does things she normally wouldn't do in order not to lose her privileges. But even that is getting more difficult because of metoo movements and random accusations she does not even have to be married to you to ruin your life. All in all of you are really ugly you won't find "love" in the west usually, there is simply no way unless you are so rich and powerful that you could make your own laws or bring the foid in a position where she depends on you but also cannot exploit you because you have something against her in your hands like I don't know nudes,videos,personal details etc.
Interesting take. I like it.