Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do you think of modern pagan religions

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Like Wicca, theistic Satanism or Norse neopaganism. Tbh I feel that if you're aware it's just a larp you do for fun in the weekends because you like fantasy or the occult then fair enough whatever makes you cope. As long as you're not making sacrifices or other shady shit. But if you start believing in it seriously then you're going a little crazy kek. For example foids who call themselves witches and unironically believe in stuff like fairies, spells, healing crystals, making offerings to their gods, etc. Or some neonazi movements which go full "I'm based because I believe in Odin and not in Jesus who was a Jew!!!" :feelshaha:

Btw I didn't include Laveyan Satanism because it's by definition atheistic and more of a life philosophy than religion. An edgy one that is and Satanists are usually so cringe online, can't say irl since there aren't that many so haven't met them.

>wicca
Sounds gay
>theistic satanism
Super gay
>Norse neopaganism
Based

All satanism is pretty gay tbh.

All satanism is pretty gay tbh.
It's the most edgelord religion/life philosophy. The typical thing that young rebellious teens do to piss off their moderate or conservative parents kek. So seeing a 20 or 30 year old (or older) being a Satanist unironically is really cringe.

cringe larping but over time it will become real and not cringe

It's the most edgelord religion/life philosophy. The typical thing that young rebellious teens do to piss off their moderate or conservative parents kek.
I am guilty of being a theistic satanist myself, but I was one for like a week :feelshaha:

Larping as a Norse/European Pagan is cringe. Europeans have been Christian for over thousand years now, there's a reason why Hitler told Himmler to shut the fuck up when he larped as a pagan. Most white Normies call themselves, Christian even if they don't believe, because, it's so engrained in European culture. Just like how Turks even, though, hardly any of them are religious now, still call themselves, Muslim. Paganism will never be accepted by the majority of people.

Larping as a Norse/European Pagan is cringe. Europeans have been Christian for over thousand years now, there's a reason why Hitler told Himmler to shut the fuck up when he larped as a pagan. Most white Normies call themselves, Christian even if they don't believe, because, it's so engrained in European culture. Just like how Turks even, though, hardly any of them are religious now, still call themselves, Muslim. Paganism will never be accepted by the majority of people.
:yes:

Europe as shaped by Christianity so deeply that even all our sources on Norse and Celtic paganism come from Christian sources. Even Snorri Sturluson was a practicing Christian.

Only for the Greek and Roman traditions do we have literature that was actually written by people who were polytheists themselves. Everywhere else in Europe (including the parts where they technically did have writing), books were a foreign concept until Christianity came around.
Like Wicca, theistic Satanism or Norse neopaganism. Tbh I feel that if you're aware it's just a larp you do for fun in the weekends because you like fantasy or the occult then fair enough whatever makes you cope. As long as you're not making sacrifices or other shady shit. But if you start believing in it seriously then you're going a little crazy kek. For example foids who call themselves witches and unironically believe in stuff like fairies, spells, healing crystals, making offerings to their gods, etc. Or some neonazi movements which go full "I'm based because I believe in Odin and not in Jesus who was a Jew!!!" :feelshaha:

Btw I didn't include Laveyan Satanism because it's by definition atheistic and more of a life philosophy than religion. An edgy one that is and Satanists are usually so cringe online, can't say irl since there aren't that many so haven't met them.
I wouldn't label theistic Satanism as pagan - it's really just inverted Christianity with a dash of occultism. Christian theology and (western) Christian demonology are its only real frame or reference.

Other than that, I agree with you. Neopagans who actually believe in that shit are just make-believe larpers.

A lot of them are aware of that on some level, too. I know a guy who kinda lacks a social filter, and at one point he told this Norse-style neopagan guy "hey dude, don't kid yourself; neopagans are just atheists who are looking for a reason to hang out". And that neopagan dude was like "OK now that actually hurt". Dude didn't even intend to insult him or anything (like I said, no social filter) - but he hit him right where it hurts.

I've seen that with other neopagans, too. Some even outright admit that there are no gods and that they're just in it for the cool myths and the "muh ancestors" feelies. But the ones who are theistic are either trying painfully hard to convince themselves that this isn't just a larp, or they've just fried their brains with drugs.

On a side note: that same Norse-style neopagan dude had a habit of shitting on Wicca for being made-up bullshit, which was always hilarious to see. Dude legit hated Wicca more than any Evangelical I've ever seen. "Wicca isn't based on anything", he used to say - and frankly he's right about that. Wicca is based on nothing but modern myths about what witches and witchcraft were like (along with some colourful additions like Marija Gimbutas' long discredited ideas about pre-Indo-European matriarchy and Gerald Gardner's literal sex cult).

Christianity has only existed in my country for 1000 years or so. Lithuania has only been Christian for 600 years or so.

All in all it's an abrahamic religion that came from the desert, originally a Jewish cult. All holidays were originally pagan but the christians changed the name of them and modified them.

Most people don't really care for Christianity in my country. I actually work in the church full time so i witness the large decline of attendees. I work in an area that's jokingly called "Swedens Jerusalem" because alot of Christians live here but it's still declining. I can also see how many people leave the church since you have to pay a fee to be in it. About 2 people a week leave it. It's only old people and some immigrants who attend church here.

White normies don't really care for a kike rotting on a stick. They would rather be atheists and care about their materialistic lives. When there's no activity in the church it can go a whole day without anyone visiting it. It's over.

All in all white people don't really care for religion or spirituality whether it's Christianity or paganism. They just want to fuck, travel, watch TV, buy meaningless things etc.