Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do you think of china's social credit system?

Blackpillapologist

Blackpillapologist

The chad of unattractiveness
★★★★
For those who don't know, social credit system is a system developed to give you points based on your behaviour. Good behaviour like community service or helping someone on the street will boost up your points, and bad behaviour like playing loud music or over speeding will bring it down.

High social credit will give you a lot of benifits like subsidies when using public transport, and low social credit is met with restrictions like unable to book plane tickets or even get fired from your job.

Cameras are installed everywhere, of all Street surveillance cameras in the world, over half of them are in mainland China alone. If those cameras catch you misbehaving like spitting for eg, AI software will recognise your face and display it publicly to shame you, along with bringing down your social credit points.

I think it's quite based, and a brutal but giga efficient system to keep troublemakers like holes, niggers and alphabet soup in check. The only wrong thing is that criticising the gov will bring down your points.

Rongcheng is where the social credit system was first tested, and that place is spotless. Cars slow down when pedestrians cross which is unheard of in china.

-9999999 social credit your execution date is tomorrow

Sounds very abuseable, who is moderating it?

For those who don't know, social credit system is a system developed to give you points based on your behaviour. Good behaviour like community service or helping someone on the street will boost up your points, and bad behaviour like playing loud music or over speeding will bring it down.

High social credit will give you a lot of benifits like subsidies when using public transport, and low social credit is met with restrictions like unable to book plane tickets or even get fired from your job.

Cameras are installed everywhere, of all Street surveillance cameras in the world, over half of them are in mainland China alone. If those cameras catch you misbehaving like spitting for eg, AI software will recognise your face and display it publicly to shame you, along with bringing down your social credit points.

I think it's quite based, and a brutal but giga efficient system to keep troublemakers like holes, niggers and alphabet soup in check. The only wrong thing is that criticising the gov will bring down your points.

Rongcheng is where the social credit system was first tested, and that place is spotless. Cars slow down when pedestrians cross which is unheard of in china.
China is the last country that needs it because they are all ricecels who need to cope-- but this can be a good thing in the west to prevent hypergamy

Sounds like it is open to endless possibilities of being abused, so no, I wouldn't support such a system.:feelsjuice::yes:
I hate the mass surveillance part of it.
Ditto. :feelsjuice::yes:

If you strip away the fact that it's China and the CCP behind it, it's just a mass surveillance compliance program designed to curb some behaviors and promote others, all in the name of social order. The fundamental problem I have with such a program, in addition to the mass surveillance part (which I understand is a necessary component to make it work), is that it allows government bureaucracy to dictate and shape culture how it sees fit. From the point of view of a government that wants to instill a fierce nationalism into the hearts and minds of every citizen, I can understand the need to influence culture so strongly in this way.

The obvious problem is this results in philosophical stagnation, as any idea which deviates from the accepted party line is deemed harmful to the people and the nation. You end up with one giant echo chamber on a national scale that has massive blind spots and can easily fail to improve and adapt. China's anti-religion philosophy, for example, is rooted in the basic tenets of communism, of which atheism is a fundamental pillar. If they had a more laissez faire approach to the freedom of religion, for example, they wouldn't make enemies of 1.5 billion people in the world - people that they may have to deal with in the future - because of their internal Uyghur housekeeping problems. On a more general, human level, nobody likes being told what to believe, and you can't force anybody to believe something. This is a basic principle that they would do well to incorporate into their system of governance.

The other obvious problem is that humans are fallible and corruptible. Right now, the will of China is basically the will of the CCP, which is basically the will of chairman Xi Jinping. The authoritarian CCP is, on a practical level, once removed from a dictatorship. The only real difference is that in a dictatorship it's one shot-caller, instead of a group of them in a totalitarian party system.

The only way for a mass surveillance social credit system to be fair is to strip away the politics and nationalism. You don't need to believe in the communist philosophy to understand that littering, for example, is a net negative to your community, city, and country at large. Having an apolitical social credit system would be ideal for governance, and it would be portable to any political system and country that can build and maintain the infrastructure required to operate it.

The only way for a mass surveillance social credit system to be fair is to strip away the politics and nationalism. You don't need to believe in the communist philosophy to understand that littering, for example, is a net negative to your community, city, and country at large. Having an apolitical social credit system would be ideal for governance, and it would be portable to any political system and country that can build and maintain the infrastructure required to operate it.
Notice that I said that the only thing worth criticising about the system is the idea that criticising CCP brings down your social credit score.

Scores should be influenced by your behaviour and not beliefs.

Notice that I said that the only thing worth criticising about the system is the idea that criticising CCP brings down your social credit score.

Scores should be influenced by your behaviour and not beliefs.
Yes, which is why using such a system in this way is misuse and abuse, and reinforces my point about corruption. In this case it's the CCP who is corrupt by using this system to discourage wrongthink and promote communist thinking.

A country like England can easily use this system without the political baggage, since they already have the infrastructure in place. Technologically, they're probably slightly ahead of the Chinese in this department, so if the governement wanted to, they could implement such a system that is independent of any major political party. It would function like any other branch of government, like health or national defense.

It sure was nice of the jews to invent it for them.

#thanksjews

Its a terrible idea, also it could be easily abused to persecute guys like us

Its a terrible idea, also it could be easily abused to persecute guys like us
Indeed. Only to everyone but the totalitarian ruling class, however. It's purely about control. There is no element or fiber of "helping the people" anywhere at all in devising and using this sort of program.

i support its implementation exclusively for women :feelsthink: