Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do dragonballcels think of the Dragon Ball movies?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
When I was a kid I didn't watch the anime very much because it wasn't on TV anymore (only early in the morning when I had to take the school bus) but instead I read almost the entire manga because it was available in my local library (I estimate I read 31 of the 36 volumes) and watched the movies in my shitty laptop. Even if they were not canon I think that most of the movies were pretty good, the animation quality was superior to the anime and some added really cool villains like Cooler, Androids 13 to 15 or Janemba. Also in these movies the secondary characters had more time to shine, it wasn't Goku and Vegeta doing all the work which was a very good change. The movie of the alternate future where everyone except Gohan is killed by the androids is so good too, really dark and gritty but with a hopeful ending that connects with the Cell saga very well. Personally I think that the Broly trilogy is really overrated, it's okay but not even in my top 3 DBZ movies. The Bardock movie (another of the fan favorites) is so good too.

DBZ movies were much better than the original DB movies because they were original stories while the DB movies were just re-tellings of the original story but with some changes so it wasn't as innovative but they were still fun. Then there's that Path to the power movie which again is a weird re-telling of the first Dragon Ball saga and the Red Ribbon saga but with some important changes and improved animation, it was made for the 10th anniversary of Dragon Ball and I think it's nice too. Regarding Dragon Ball Super movies I liked the Battle of the gods even if it was silly and the Resurrection of Freezer was meh, haven't watched the others.

Yeah, the dragon ball z movies were all good except for bio-broly, which was trash.

The films take place in a parallel universe, film verse.

Apart from Trunks one which takes place in, TV verse.

I watched Super Android 13 and Bardock

I’ve only watched the anime, never watched the movies

Overall they are good

dragon deez balls across your face nigga aha
Idk

"Dragonball evolution was the best DB movie"
:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

felt like big event when they came out on Cartoon Network :feelscomfy:

i agree with this but my favirout is dragon ball super broly that came out in 2018
I’d have to watch them all again to see which one is my favourite.

They are excellent.

Gevo

Gevo was a high-ranking Red Ribbon soldier code-named Gold. He fell to an enemy's bullet. In his affection, Dr. Gero modeled a powerful Android after him, Android 16. As he did not want to risk him being destroyed in battle, Gero deliberately programmed the Android to be non-aggressive.[4]

Is it woke aswell?

Thought there was a new one
Even the new Dragon Ball stuff is not woke from what I've seen. No gay or tranny characters and they don't mention any woke issues.

Thought there was a new one
Japan is more conservative than the west. You have less wokeness and feminism in general there.
Media they make over there cant be made in the west. It would be shut down immediately.
In other words Japan is based, which is why I want to live there.

@thespanishcel
I could never get into Dragonball like everyone else, bc I wasnt allowed to watch it when I was a small kid.
The only thing I watched more or less to completion was GT, but it was heavily censored (speaking many episodes were removed, all of the final battle eps at the end for example). And afterwards everyone was telling me that it is not REAL dragonball. Now I am too old for DB, spoiled by godlike anime and manga and my standards rose through the roof.

Japan is more conservative than the west. You have less wokeness and feminism in general there.
Media they make over there cant be made in the west. It would be shut down immediately.
In other words Japan is based, which is why I want to live there.

@thespanishcel
I could never get into Dragonball like everyone else, bc I wasnt allowed to watch it when I was a small kid.
The only thing I watched more or less to completion was GT, but it was heavily censored (speaking many episodes were removed, all of the final battle eps at the end for example). And afterwards everyone was telling me that it is not REAL dragonball. Now I am too old for DB, spoiled by godlike anime and manga and my standards rose through the roof.
Atleast i wont have to see trannies, Another part is i cant enjoy movies or games anymore, The guy is just so emasculated by the woman that its hard to watch or theres a tranny there

I need to watch the entire Dragon Ball Z series. My personal favorite anime of all time, and I really can relate to Vegeta.