Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What bands and music do you listen to?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1546
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1546

Banned
-
In no particular order here are some of the bands and artists I like 

The Rolling Stones, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Smashing Pumpkins, Yes, Black Sabbath, Elvis Costello, Jethro Tull, The Cars, The Beatles, Abba, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Soundgarden, The Clash, The Who, The Cure, Guns n Roses, Chuck Berry, The Kinks, David Bowie, Prince, The Allman Brothers Band, Blue Oyster Cult, John Denver, ZZ Top, Elvis Presley, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Queen, Prince, The Ramones, Uriah Heep, The Smiths, U2, Credence Clearwater Revival, Eminem, Blondie, The Cranberries, Treepeople, Michael Jackson, Megadeth, The Beegees, The Sex Pistols, Neil Young, Muddy Waters, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, The White Stripes, Deep Purple, Simon and Garfunkel, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Doors, Cream, Dolly Parton, Jimmy Hendrix, Johny Cash, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Elton John, Iron Maiden, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, King Crimson, Madonna, The Lovin Spoonful, Marvin Gaye, Slipknot, Metallica, Judas Priest, Van Halen, and Woodie Guthrie.

i
Dingus_Incel said:
The Rolling Stones, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Smashing Pumpkins, Yes, Black Sabbath, Elvis Costello, Jethro Tull, The Cars, The Beatles, Abba, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Soundgarden, The Clash, The Who, The Cure, Guns n Roses, Chuck Berry, The Kinks, David Bowie, Prince, The Allman Brothers Band, Blue Oyster Cult, John Denver, ZZ Top, Elvis Presley, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Queen, Prince, The Ramones, Uriah Heep, The Smiths, U2, Credence Clearwater Revival, Eminem, Blondie, The Cranberries, Treepeople Michael Jackson, Megadeth, The Beegees, The Sex Pistols, Neil Young, Muddy Waters, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, The White Stripes, Deep Purple, Simon and Garfunkel, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Doors, Cream, Dolly Parton, Jimmy Hendrix, Johny Cash, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Elton John, Iron Maiden, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, King Crimson, Madonna, The Lovin Spoonful, Marvin Gaye, Slipknot, Metallica, Judas Priest, Van Halen, and Woodie Guthrie.

Michael Jackson is my personal favorite. I also like the Neighbourhood, James Brown, Prince, partynextdoor, j cole, nirvana, mobb deep, jay z,kanye west, and Chris brown. I see we have some artists in common. and also like me you listen to a lot of music from back in the day lol

Dingus_Incel said:

Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, The Beatles, Soundgarden,  David Bowie, Prince, The Allman Brothers Band, Nirvana, Queen, Prince, Credence Clearwater Revival, Eminem, Michael Jackson, Deep Purple, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Doors, Jimmy Hendrix, Johny Cash, King Crimson, Marvin Gaye, Metallica, Judas Priest, .

Kept the ones on the list I enjoy! I'm going to see King Crimson in a few hours actually :D So souped!

This is the kind of music I was more or less raised on, and I was pretty elitist about it until I got out of my teens. Since then I've began appreciating more contemporary rock groups like Thrice (seeing them tomorrow ^^), and also a broader variety of music including trap, future funk, future bass, japanese 70s/80s city pop, Korean hip hop, a limited selection of K and J pop, some select EDM, R&B, etc. It's like having a musical awareness renaissance, as the broader your scope of interest, the more you begin to appreciate genres you aren't familiar with on a first listen. Definitely recommend branching out a little more!

great lists.. ive always loved the classic rock stations on the radio.. and the classical music station as well... anyone like emo hardcore stuff? bands like brand new are pretty sick.

cavsinone_lbjdagoat said:
and also like me you listen to a lot of music from back in the day lol

Admittedly I mostly listen to a lot of "dad-core" classic rock from the 50s-70s bolstered by some 90's alternative. I just never really got into rap, country, or jazz, they're not bad, just not my thing.

Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith,  Nirvana, Guns n Roses,  Kool G Rap, 2pac, Dethklok, and very rarely,  Beethoven

asdfcel said:
great lists.. ive always loved the classic rock stations on the radio.. and the classical music station as well... anyone like emo hardcore stuff?  bands like brand new are pretty sick.

I hate to classify bands like Brand New, Thrice, and Circa Survive as part of the "emo" or "hardcore" genre but I guess that's where most people put them. I like quite a few bands from that era, but not as much as the above. I'm seeing Thrice and Circa later today!

carcass,sepultura

I listen to all sorts, from classic rock, folk  rock, and prog rock, to jazz (mostly be-bop, 50's stuff), classical, some dubstep and other electronic shit, and especially metal.  Overall, metal is my favorite genre, and I love listening to heavy, death, thrash, and black metal.

Dismember is currently my favorite band.  Like an Everflowing Stream is such an intense album!  I wish bands still made stuff like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.