Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What are your opinions on hard bans where the user's name is not crossed out?

• Thread starter basementLDARcel
  • Start date
B

basementLDARcel

Self-banned
-
So I have recently learned on this forum, that certain users can be "hardbanned", meaning they cannot use any features, and their names are not even crossed out. This includes not being able to delete their account, as well as not being able to make a ban appeal. This is problematic for a few reasons:

1. They can't delete their account, which is in a way having their usernames hostage here, since they can't delete their username.
2. They can't make a ban appeal, so other users are unable to look at their ban appeal and see if they were banned for a good reason or not.
3. Other users can't even know if that user is banned, so no one will bring it up in the ban discussion megathread. This opens the possibility for unfair bannings that go undetected by the userbase, hiding corruption from the collective consciousness of this forum. This is a slippery slope which can easily result in abuse of power.

So what are your thoughts on "hard bans" where the user's name is not even crossed out? @Sheogorath @Vitarius @NorthernWind @faded

Last edited:
Being hard banned is like being in a coma

This includes not being able to delete their account, as well as not being able to make a ban appeal.

It looks like this:

Thread

I don't like the idea of not knowing the destiny of a user. I want to clearly know that he was banned

I don't like the idea of not knowing the destiny of a user. I want to clearly know that he was banned
Agree. But apparently that’s something the rules explicitly said they don’t people to know and we should ask the banned person. I don’t understand why they do this. @Fat Link what’s the reason for this policy?

Shadowbans are always cucked. This whole website was born out of censorship on other platforms and it would be incredibly sad to see it end up going down the same route. Everything should be up for discussion (besides bloopill garbage available literally everywhere else on the internet, of course).

It’s like living in the Soviet Union . You wake up and see that your neighbor who was accused of being capitalistic isn’t there anymore and you will never know what happened to him.

Shadowbans are always cucked. This whole website was born out of censorship on other platforms and it would be incredibly sad to see it end up going down the same route. Everything should be up for discussion (besides bloopill garbage available literally everywhere else on the internet, of course).
This is a different type of shadowban. Most shadowbans are where the user is banned and that user does not know. However, in this case, the user is banned and he does know, it's the other users which are left in the dark as to what his fate is.

Idk but it'll suit you OP

I agree it has a lot of things wrong with it, but I think the idea is cool :feelsjuice:

sketchy as hell but that's par for the course with the way mods are acting lately

is there also some type of hard delete because i noticed some users get completely deleted with threads+posts and no profile, i also sometimes see older threads where someone is basically just replying to a username

There should be more hardbans, starting with you OP

There should be more hardbans, starting with you OP
Stop trolling.
is there also some type of hard delete because i noticed some users get completely deleted with threads+posts and no profile, i also sometimes see older threads where someone is basically just replying to a username
I think you may have to ask the mods to do that for you.

Agree. But apparently that’s something the rules explicitly said they don’t people to know and we should ask the banned person. I don’t understand why they do this. @Fat Link what’s the reason for this policy?
He didn't answer.

My question is, how can you ask a hardbanned user why they were banned, if you can't even communicate with them due to them not being able to use any features?

Lmfao I haven't heard of hard banned users.
Name examples please, because this would be an interesting sight ngl

He didn't answer.

My question is, how can you ask a hardbanned user why they were banned, if you can't even communicate with them due to them not being able to use any features?
I guess we’ll never know

It’s good in case we ever get any more defeated lobsters

don't even go into that, you don't wanna know the dark side of this forum, just saying

So I have recently learned on this forum, that certain users can be "hardbanned", meaning they cannot use any features, and their names are not even crossed out. This includes not being able to delete their account, as well as not being able to make a ban appeal. This is problematic for a few reasons:

1. They can't delete their account, which is in a way having their usernames hostage here, since they can't delete their username.
2. They can't make a ban appeal, so other users are unable to look at their ban appeal and see if they were banned for a good reason or not.
3. Other users can't even know if that user is banned, so no one will bring it up in the ban discussion megathread. This opens the possibility for unfair bannings that go undetected by the userbase, hiding corruption from the collective consciousness of this forum. This is a slippery slope which can easily result in abuse of power.

So what are your thoughts on "hard bans" where the user's name is not even crossed out? @Sheogorath @Vitarius @NorthernWind @faded
I have been hard banned three times, Here's what it looks like from the users point of view:

Screenshot 246

My name was crossed out the second and third time but not the first time.