Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what age do kids start to notice looks?

philosophicel

philosophicel

Greycel
i remember when i was around 1st-4th grade,  before kids noticed looks, i had many friends.  i was funny , talked to both boys and girls (since we didnt know what sex was, no one was afraid to talk to anyone) --- i made people laugh with honest good hearted jokes

then somewhere around 6th grade it got darker once popularity, clothes,  money , looks etc all came into play

its weird to think about that person i was in those younger grades.. i wonder if hes still in me somewhere

Mostly when puberty hits and teens start to have sex

Same story for everyone specially ones with a bad puberty after being cute as kids

1st day of 5th grade sexuality was introduced and it was downhill from there

Looks always matter, even in kindergarten.

Framecel222 said:
Looks always matter, even in kindergarten.

Yea this is true. Even babies can tell apart good looking people.

But puberty is when lookism starts to really kick in.

I remember being called ugly since I was 5. You live 4 happy years with your parents and then BAM you go to kindergarden and lookism happens.

Looks are noticeable at birth.

They don't make a significant difference until age 10-11.

puberty so probably around 12-13.

there are also cartoons that influence children

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-w6s2b3lkc[/video]

incelman said:
I remember being called ugly since I was 5. You live 4 happy years with your parents and then BAM you go to kindergarden and lookism happens.

to be fair, every school has a kid whos an asshole since birth,

but for most of the other boys n girls , no one really gives a fuck until 5/6 grade

philosophicel said:
to be fair, every school has a kid whos an asshole since birth,

but for most of the other boys n girls , no one really gives a fuck until 5/6 grade

Girls wouldn't marry me when I was 5.It was over.

incelman said:

dude no one would marry chico at 5 either lol

incelman said:

girls would physically fight for me when I was 8 years old.

Very few years later they would openly say they were allergic to me LOL

philosophicel said:
dude no one would marry chico at 5 either lol

They married the other boys but never me.

Definitely around 5th or 6th grade. Remember some young Stacy calling me ugly. Only got worse from there.

Zyros said:
girls would physically fight for me when I was 8 years old.

Very few years later they would openly say they were allergic to me LOL

Girls were always repulsed by me.

Kids will notice looks from a very young age.

The kids that are usally bullied are the ugly kids, while the goodlooking kids often are popular.

16 I think, that's when I started to worry about my acne

I'd say in middle school when puberty starts up. Even before I remember thinking some girls were cuter than others in telemetry school. It was no where near as extreme though.

I would honestly say before middle school. The would-be stacies begin bullying and selecting which kids will be the Chads by around fourth or fifth grade. They get to experience girls early, and will thus have a huge advantage

5th grade is when a girl told me i was ugly and she'd never date me

I would say that around 8 or 9, looks begin to acquire a good degree of importance in playground social dynamics, but most children have not noticed that yet, and don't really care if their friends are ugly as long as they are interesting.

This "limbo" state lasts until puberty, where in a few short months social status becomes extremely linked to actual or perceived popularity with the opposite sex. You then observe a reorganization of social dynamics based on looks and athleticism, initially resented and misunderstood by ugly elements, who often misattribute their sudden drop in popularity to cultural artifacts (bad clothing, bad taste in music...)

At this point some understand that they have already lost the battle for women and status, and form close-knit groups of geeks/nerds.

Some keep trying to become a Chad without success, sometimes for years, never understanding that it's all about looks. I was in this precise situation.

I was blackpilled when I joined a Dungeons&Dragons club in high school (the nerdiest, most unpopular thing ever) and saw to my horror that the few Chads in the club all had girlfriends.

Since birth, babies can perceive who is attractive and who is not, that`s why they love to stare at attractive people and look away at uggos.

Nautica1983 said:
5th grade is when a girl told me i was ugly and she'd never date me

My experience exactly.  The girl I asked to be my girlfriend said I was the ugliest thing she had ever seen.  I’ve been ostracized ever since.

10 years old is when looks become important. I remember having a mental breakdown, literally begging not to go to school anymore because of how I was being ostracized from the rest of the kids. Went to a shrink and the bitch said it was a phase! Well still going through the “phase” years later.

According to st elliot it starts in grade 6 or grade 5

Notice looks: Almost immediately.

There have been numerous studies done with babies showing they preferred the adults with more symmetric faces.

Care about looks: Around puberty