Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

were things better 30-40 years ago if you were an incel? if so, by how much?

B

bbwqs_v

Recruit
★★★★★
being 20, i've never lived in my parents' adult years (age 20-30) in the 1980-1990s, i don't know truly what it was like, with the unique problems they faced. sure, dating apps & hookup culture wasn't as widespread, so there was no globalised mating market & increased hypergamy. but the sexual revolution already happened in the 1960s. considering i reside in SEA, i assume the cultural shift took some time and traditional values were still in place.

regarding jobs, i wonder how good adults in the 1980-1990s had it, people often talk about the days where a college education would get you a high paying job enough to feed a family, back when degrees were rare. what years were these times in? plus, people also always talk about how surviving in today's world is becoming ever more so competitive. nowadays, for the average kid to be successful, you gotta start early, be well prepared in education, be involved in some extracurricular hobby with a reasonably high level of competence, take tuition classes, do internships, always be keeping up to date with latest developments, etc.

it seems to me like the importance of genetics is only growing across generations & time. i can't exactly point out the reasons why, maybe it's because most people have access to the internet now and can learn anything they want. and if everyone can learn information or a skill and do it, it becomes less valuable, so immutable traits become more prioritised

they had it better because things only get worse. each generation won't have it as good as their parents had it. that's why having kids is so evil. how could you bring life into such a shitty world?

being 20, i've never lived in my parents' adult years (age 20-30) in the 1980-1990s, i don't know truly what it was like, with the unique problems they faced. sure, dating apps & hookup culture wasn't as widespread, so there was no globalised mating market & increased hypergamy. but the sexual revolution already happened in the 1960s. considering i reside in SEA, i assume the cultural shift took some time and traditional values were still in place.

regarding jobs, i wonder how good adults in the 1980-1990s had it, people often talk about the days where a college education would get you a high paying job enough to feed a family, back when degrees were rare. what years were these times in? plus, people also always talk about how surviving in today's world is becoming ever more so competitive. nowadays, for the average kid to be successful, you gotta start early, be well prepared in education, be involved in some extracurricular hobby with a reasonably high level of competence, take tuition classes, do internships, always be keeping up to date with latest developments, etc.

it seems to me like the importance of genetics is only growing across generations & time. i can't exactly point out the reasons why, maybe it's because most people have access to the internet now and can learn anything they want. and if everyone can learn information or a skill and do it, it becomes less valuable, so immutable traits become more prioritised
You could moneymaxx more easily, and women had an extremely low reservoir of Chad compared to today's women. They'd be restricted by their bloc, school or district, at most city. Tinder can get you an easy Chad from Ny to Hawaii

Oldest cels here are like 50. Best most people here can answer is how it was like 20 years ago.

It was much better in the West, the economy wasn't as shit depending on the specific time period, foids had no Internet, no 4th wave feminism, no way to have ridiculously high standards cultivated in their own usually smaller communities, no hypergamy, etc. You could marry a foid in a stable relationship where you could fuck usually whenever if you had the money. That's all gone now, and it won't get better anytime soon. :feelsjuice:

they didn't have social media back then but contraception and abortion was still ubiquitous i imagine.

Last edited:
things only get worse
why is that the case? people will tell you that we live in the greatest times possible due to the advancements in healthcare, science, and other fields that improve our quality of life (on average). of course, suicide rates are going up, people will also mention how unemployment & poverty rates are either going up or down but i think that's skewed by how unemployment and poverty is defined in the first place, but there are many metrics where some things have gotten better and other things have gotten worse.
each generation won't have it as good as their parents had it
not for chad or stacy who gets to become the protagonist with the power of the internet and the opportunities that current society offers. also, what does it mean to have it good? parents will complain of their unique struggles back when they were growing up and we will have our own unique struggles, each generation has their own set of problems, demographics, political landscape, etc. how could you possibly quantify such things into a general statement, please justify.
that's why having kids is so evil. how could you bring life into such a shitty world?
"Human life must be some kind of mistake. The truth of this will be sufficiently obvious if we only remember that man is a compound of needs and necessities hard to satisfy; and that even when they are satisfied, all he obtains is a state of painlessness, where nothing remains to him but abandonment to boredom. This is direct proof that existence has no real value in itself; for what is boredom but the feeling of the emptiness of life? If life—the craving for which is the very essence of our being—were possessed of any positive intrinsic value, there would be no such thing as boredom at all: mere existence would satisfy us in itself, and we should want for nothing."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

You could moneymaxx more easily, and women had an extremely low reservoir of Chad compared to today's women. They'd be restricted by their bloc, school or district, at most city. Tinder can get you an easy Chad from Ny to Hawaii
It was much better in the West, the economy wasn't as shit depending on the specific time period, foids had no Internet, no 4th wave feminism, no way to have ridiculously high standards cultivated in their own usually smaller communities, no hypergamy, etc. You could marry a foid in a stable relationship where you could fuck usually whenever if you had the money. That's all gone now, and it won't get better anytime soon. :feelsjuice:
i see

i spoke to my dad for the first time in months, he asked me if i was ok & if there was anything i wanted to talk about since we don't really talk, and have never really talked in my whole life. i wish i could tell him about how fucked up things are for me, with my social ineptitude, hopelessness for my future, and the blackpill worldview but there's a language, age/generation difference, and double autism combo barrier that prevents me from communicating with him. i just see him go to work everyday and come late at night always tired, and every night i lay in bed in bearable but significant mental suffering. lately, i'm spending time reading the sanctioned suicide forum to cope.

i wish i had the capacity to believe in religion or not be so analytically objective, i feel like that would allow me to live in (redpill anything is possible) cope, i just want to kill myself but not without my family knowing why and there is no way i could ever communicate it in a way that they can understand

Basically this. You can watch shows from the 90s an see that the guys who are considered attractive there would be considered 5-6s today, While attractive guys today are gymmaxxed, looksmaxxed chads. On Seinfeld, George Constanza was seen getting women. I realize it's a show, but it's supposed to be believable that he gets women.

Also, things like ghosting, flaking and stooding up were seen as being major prick moves in that time. Today they are part of foids' normal behavior and foids even get celebrated when they do it.

Yea much much better. 30-40 years ago if you were incel you probably deserved it for being awkward and putting in zero effort. I know fat chicks were way easier to get back then. Like someone said, even 10 years ago it was better.

We are living in the worst time for dating as a non chad and it’s only getting worse.