Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel We will witness the end of human labor in our lifetimes

Every decade, the robots are getting better.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/10f9v6e/boston_dynamics_making_science_fiction_reality/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Robots within the next 2-3 decades will actually be sophisticated Enough to replace blue collar jobs. And chatgpt and other bots will replace white collar labor within 2 decades

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/10apw4f/chargpts_ability_to_create_boilerplate_c_code_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Human labor will soon no longer be needed. Countries will no longer need any immigrants to grow their economies. they will just need to harvest metals and build bots to do the work. UBI will be more than possible soon enough. Only sad thing is richfags might just holocaust the Poors and middle classes as they won't need us anymore, but I guess we will find out what they do in upcoming decades.

Regardless of how this goes down, we will soon enough be witnessing the dawn of a new era. An era where even the best artist/musician/poet will be a machine and not a human. The best sculptor, the best doctor etc. All will be robots. The end of human labor awaits.

Dude unless some big company supplies those robots to every major and minor part of the world human labor will need to exist, and even if they did we would all work in tech for the robots

bring back the holocaust so the jews wont interfere (JOKE)

I'm an atheist but I'm praying you're right

I'm an atheist but I'm praying you're right
main issue is richfags hoarding the wealth. Government not giving ubi, or some anti AI protesters purposely start blocking progress. Ig we will find out how it goes down

I don't think it's fair for you to make the comparison between automobiles and AI because one was meant to facilitate the laboriousness of human/cargo transportation while the other is a continuously evolving deep learning machine that becomes progressively knowledgeable the more data it consumes. AI, along with automation is nothing like we have ever seen before, and it threatens the job security and livelihood of millions, it is not something that can be brushed off as just another consequence of the industrial revolution because the level of job displacement we saw with the introduction of the automobile or any other preceding invention like the steam engine or the printing press pales in comparison to the level of job displacement we will see with automation/AI.
AI facilitates the mundanity and repetitive tasks that we already created factory machines and computers for. Your computer, as you're reading this, is performing trillions of operations a second. No human can, nor should, be doing such tasks. But more importantly, there was never a need for humans to do the types of operations a computer does at the rate and scale that it does. Likewise, AI technology is going to be a great extension of the tasks we already don't do and will do so much more than we never needed to do, either in society or in the marketplace.

The tasks it will do that we already do is a human problem, not a problem of the technology itself. You should be concerned about the businesses and corporations implementing and utilizing the technology, not the technology itself. Are you afraid of a gun, the man holding a gun, a gun being pointed at you, or the man behind the gun pointed at you? If you're afraid of the gun and not the person, you're misplacing your focus.

The mechanism of the technology is mostly irrelevant, as far as job displacement is concerned. It's the effect of the scale that you seem to be especially concerned about. The phenomenon itself is as old as the first stone-tipped spear. After a decade or two of unemployment, civil unrest, and chaos, that problem will sort itself out. Governments will help ease the marketplace obsolescence of its respective populations, but after every trough is a peak.

Around 1950 automobiles became commonplace among the populace. The global population was also ~25% of what it is now. I haven't been able to find the statistics of global job displacement, and I'm not sure if that data is available. The automobile was the last paradigm-shifting technology we've had. The ability to travel great distances on ground changed more things than the average person can conceive of. With highly trained, specialized AI programs, you can have products like real-time language translation happening through your wifi sunglasses or right into an earpiece you would wear. You can communicate with anyone in the world, in any language, in-person, as if you were speaking your native tongue to them. And such a possibility is just off of the top of my head. Such a thing is technically possible today in a limited capacity.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. They are limited by their fears and their lack of imagination.

While it may create new job opportunities, I do recall reading a study that found one third of the American population was either computer illiterate or had limited to no technology skills, which would make it difficult to for them to fill in jobs where they supervise other automation systems that operate on three or more axes: industrial manufacturing machines like the cylindrical(rotary joint robots that slide and move vertically and horizontally) and articulated robots (human arm like robots)
That's the problem for the 1/3, not the 2/3 who will survive and maybe even thrive. Besides, they are very likely not going to be the technicians and operators of commercial technology products that will emerge from the jobs in industries that the AI explosion will create.

The most automatable activities are ones that operate machinery in a predictable environment, so I could see people who weld and solder on assembly lines, prepare food and package objects or other easily replicable activity being replaced while those who work in construction, forestry or help raise outdoor animals at a lower risk.
Any job with little or no lateral freedom or complexity of task completion is at the highest risk of replacement and marketplace obsolescence via automation.

Agree, but the goal of every business is to meet their quotas and opt for the most profitable option first and foremost, with social connection being an afterthought in most industries with the exception of the hospitality industry, the latter of which only makes a small sliver of the service industry and a very small contribution [percentage wise] contribution to the US GDP. When I go to the grocery store, I see most people rush over to the self-service aisles because they would rather bag and pay for their own food rather than have someone else do it for them. There would be one supervising staff member that would assist customers if the machine threw up an error and broke down, but the one job opening made for that supervisor was outnumbered by the four to six traditional checkouts that were replaced by those machines and would have otherwise been manned by a group of cashiers.
Yes, and? The moment self-checkouts were announced, the immediate expectation would be that some jobs will be lost (doesn't take a genius to see this one). Businesses have been doing this (replacing their people with machines - or cheaper labor) for over a century, continue to do this today, and will never cease doing this in future unless the government they do business under points their guns at them and forces them to stop, at which point they will likely leave the country and take their business elsewhere.

How is this a new problem? It's the same problem of businesses trying to increase their profits, decrease their expenses, and screwing over the workers as a consequence. They don't care how they do it or what tools (technology) they use.

It's not your problem until you're the one being affected. If everyone had the same apathetic stance towards petitioning legislation officials to write laws in the interest of the public, curbing the effects of automation and AI would be close to impossible and we would be backsliding away from a representative democracy. This has already happened in countries like Mauritius where eligible voters would be absent from registration rolls because they thought the same way as you.
Right. I don't care about being mauled by a lion until I'm being chased by a lion and can't get to safety. But I'm fully aware of the lion's capability and arm myself with a rifle just in case.

Are you seriously trying to guilt me for being capable of surviving an impending "AI apocalypse" that everyone is fear-mongering? This is not an existential threat to the species. We're not in a Terminator movie.

Last edited:
It's a random double digit number I slapped at the end of my name because I was afraid the "AfricanIncel" handle was already taken by someone else.
Strange, strange.. oh well, okay then

Strange, strange.. oh well, okay then
You post way above local 22yo would post, 45 years, if you have been born in 1977 are more in-line with your posts

There will be massive civil unrest, but what's constantly exaggerated is the "threat to humanity."

It's a threat to society, not humanity. Humanity will do what it - and every other organism - does: adapt and survive, or become obsolete i.e., die off (UBI recipients won't have enough money to feed and raise children, so they too will die off as yet another mechanism of social darwinism).

We adapted to the invention of gunpowder. We adapted to the invention of the motor vehicle. We adapted to the invention of the microchip. We will adapt to AI. We will adapt to the industrial-scale, commercial applications of AI programs.

I will adapt. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can take accurate guesses. I would be more concerned about the social effects of this technology, than the economic ones. Thinking about the economic impact is myopic, relative to the social impact. The markets will adjust much faster than societies will, which means the impact of the changes will be much greater societally.
So what? It's better if we all kill ourselves, wanting to "just survive" is cucked. No one's life matters.

Fierce fighting, folks. All that fancy wording of yours startled me at first.. But. I added some thoughts to first impression, and it actually isnt that heavy to understand... Fancy wording is quite off-putting for me, who is not that proficient in english. Not native, after all..

So let me incorporate all your points into one, and add some flavor from your humble servant. Can i do it? It is interesting for me.. are i up to this mind-blowing task to dabble into something as arcane as this? Or are you made from another dough, another conveyor belt with extra brain capacity functions added? Hrm! We will see about that!

Will artificial intelligence, fueled by power of endless machine learning, without weaknesses, that plague humanity - lazyness, unwillingness to put in at least some work, and somedays inability to learn even the easiest task (although, machine have its own errors too, inability to learn something arcane can be one of it) - replace us? It is such a complex question. I actually cant give a single word answer for that.. everything now is so complex, you cant bring down even the simplest task in one solution, let alone this.

Narrow AI - something that has specialization in a given field. ChatGPT has this specialization, it is "smart" by AI standards.. You can ask it, and it will give you what you asked for. But, there is always one but. It cant come up by itself with something new, you must question it to gain something, it cant make something fully on its own.. Or can it? True AI = human brain, that can make something by itself, not because it was summoned to do some task. Is is possible? Who knows. Maybe it is possible, and if AI will start to do things on its own - then we will talk again.. although - this level of programming is beyond us by the moment. No Detroit-become human for your face! How do you program it to start creating something on its own? Interesting subject for discussion

So chatGPT can replace easiest jobs, that dont require much freedom of thinking.. just like based_meme said. Rich will always try to make expenses lesser, and you dont need to pay an industrial level robot to solder another set of chips on your motherboard - just keep it working, and it is enough. This is industrial ai, it can replace monotoneus factory jobs, and i personally think that it did replace them already. Well.. bad for factory workers, soon it will be over for taxi and delivery boys.

What is software AI? Specialized piece of software, that learned all its moveset from internet, the best and vast knowledge base. Can it replace artists such as artwork-fellas and musicians? I dont know. Somebody will prefer pieces from human artists, somebody will be good with instant generation of a new thing. You cant be sure.. people are unique, after all. And dont forget the endless shadow-spectre, for example generation by ai, working around it by human, or other way (if possible).. cant generalize something like that

Can it pilot a tank, a drone, a jet? It can, as Africanincel provided, but - it is its specialization, so it should be good in it. So can it replace? Same, as previous - it depends on caller of the shots. Will gov replace jet pilots with ai? Depends on circumstances) where would pilots go then? It is gov problem!

Topic is vast. Very vast.. how can anyone give an yes or no on this? Or, at least i cant give an answer on this) Who is barring me from trying to fight with some men that seem quite specialized on this subject? Nobody.

AI will edge its way into our lives, no doubt, but it will not replace all human jobs at foreseeable future. It can replace most mundane jobs, but something complex with degree of a free think - we will see, i suppose.. not an oracle i am. And even if it would somehow turn up to have almost identical thought processes as humans - it would.. i dont know what it would do) It depends on a myriads of factors. Cant realistically catch them all.

Honestly, i concede - i dont know, if it will replace us, or not. I want to know, but i just cant! Dangerous tech, to be sure, and can make poor even poorer by taking simplest jobs away from them.

Rich will do everything to make their losses lesser.. cant blame them - we all doing it somedays, trying to spend less and get more. Society) and will androids get rights and android activists for them? Maybe. If we will actually make something truly sentient. Is that even possible?

so.. it will replace easy jobs. So much jounglering and fancy paragraphs just to say this)

and if majority of jobs would be replaced somehow by ai - somebody must keep them in check, fix them. Who knows? We will see. Lets discuss it further, if anyone wants - have no doubt, i missed something crucial

Damn, i am Hitler 2.0! Shit, im good. Feels good being on same level as some specialized folks.. and this is 10k post!

@decembrist_kirillov you know what, i dedicate it to you - just for being a cool person) Have a good day, signor!

Damn, i am Hitler 2.0! Shit, im good. Feels good being on same level as some specialized folks.. and this is 10k post!

@decembrist_kirillov you know what, i dedicate it to you - just for being a cool person) Have a good day, signor!
:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

How will we import millions of shitskins every year then?Over for redditors:feels::feels:

Just be a foid right now. They don't labor except to procreate with Chad.